2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"I say let it go."

Yup. Racing... unless...

1) Have the bikes pit at least once in the race, to take on more fuel and new tires. Yellow flag lets people pit to avoid losing laps.

2) 5 or so people per pit, and the pit crew wears air tanks on their backs.

3) Fuel is delivered from steel 1 cup containers.

4) Rider has to run to the end of the pits and enter the porta-cans. Only 3 port-a-cans will be provided. Doors lock for 30 seconds each. Flames will spew from the port-a-cans when the door unlocks.

Total Nascarization.
  2. NorthCoastRider

NorthCoastRider Livin' the dream

Oddometer:

True, but its more the rider than the bike in a mud race.
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    So what are yo saying? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Tell Barcia that (about the mud) when he slid out coming into a jump series on a slick track and banged his face on the bars. No mud. Tell RV that after he fell in about 5 out of six races early in the season. No mud. Wind am didn't retire because he was afraid of mud.

You do realize that Musquin is a MX champion, right!? And you do realize that their tracks are MUCH sandier than an average SX track
    Roczen absolutely rocks iin the sand as well. He will be a force at Daytona. The fact that he is on the 350 ( which is much improved from the 350 that Short and Alessi rode just makes it all the more interesting.
  4. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't be allowed. :pot
  5. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    No kidding..?.. I didn't remember that..
  6. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    When isn't it the rider over the bike..?????
    Never...
  7. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y8wRY1yVybQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Bubba got passed under the red, clear as day...
  8. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    Doesn't Villocheater wear a GoPro?
  9. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    Screen shot from 4:21. Tell me what you see. I see red lights and RV ahead of JS. JS goes on to pass in that corner, under red.

[​IMG]

Next screen shot at 4:30. JS is past the first waving yellow and still ahead of RV. IF (big if) the waving yellow ends the red cross period, then I see an allowable pass. If the waving yellow does not end the red cross period, what does? I haven't dug into the rules, but I'm picking up from reading posts that it isn't clear.

Should RV have waited until after passing the downed rider? Should the red cross flag have been put away given that the rider was already up and sitting on the bike?

[​IMG]

What I don't get is that RV seemed to have JS pretty well covered. You'd think that after his lucky break earlier (the 3 position penalty at the red flag vs. at the end of the race), he'd have played that section cautiously and made the pass later.

Looks to me like RVs pass just put them back to where they would have been had JS not passed under red. Seems to me that if you're going to hand out penalties, you hand one to both JS and RV.

Again, I say let 'em go. The racing was good and that's what we want to see.
  10. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the bigger issue is the penalty that was assessed at the restart. According to the rule book it should have been assessed after the race on his finishing position. Sliding him 3 spots back with 17 laps to go is not a penalty at all. It's a guaranteed clean 6th place start with plenty of time to pass the field.

Someone mentioned it earlier. Monster Energy Supercross, Monster Energy Kawasaki. Nuff said.

Bring on Daytona!
  11. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/AMA_SupercrossRulebook13_web.pdf

Pretty sure we're past the 30 minute protest limit.

It must be winter, everyone's undies are in a bunch awfully quick. :lol3

Andrew

PS - I'd also think it'd be interesting having a poll of how many people have raced, and those that have raced, have dealt with yellow\red\blue flags. Be interesting seeing how folks have dealt with them in real life.
  12. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    It shows allegiance... The JS fans think RV is evil and the RV fans think JS is evil. :D

I started to make a point similar to your PS earlier but ran out of motivation. I know from experience that it's not always easy to see and/or interpret the flags in the heat of battle. That said, the rules need to be clear and consistently enforced in the interest of safety.

That brings me back to RV. He had to have known that he got a big gift with his penalty from prior to the restart. I can't believe he'd do anything remotely questionable so soon after.
  13. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    RV has gotten away with it 3 times.

AMA is worse than Asterisk. :deal
  14. spdjnky

spdjnky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Monster Energy Supercross, Monster Energy Kawasaki. Nuff said.

Exactly my thoughts....
  15. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    The teams know the rules right? If Stewarts crew had an issue with RV only being docked the 3 spots, why didn't they file an immediate protest?

I understand that the original proper call would have been for AMA\Monster to properly penalize RV for his initial Flag infraction. Problem is, like I said before. If Stewarts team had an issue with the call AMA\Monster made, they should have filed immediately.

They didn't. The AMA\Monster call(s) stand. It is what it is.

Armchair racer away.

Andrew
  16. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think the AMA pretty clearly explained why there was no penalty. If you didn't read the explanation, that is your short coming. :D

You may not agree with their decision or conclusions, but they made a pretty clear case.
  17. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    I didn't see an AMA explanation for the lack of a ruling. Where was this? I'd be interested.
  18. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    not a stretch by any means but you'd have to think the blunder of letting RV take the 3 spot penalty during the race and not after was the organizing rules body, who ever that is.

also, I understand Monster Energy would want the Monster Energy rider to win but the vibe and the climax to the series couldn't be more electric/bigger/more popular with the average fan if Milsapps can somehow pull this off even if he is Rockstar sponsored.

If the riders aren't even drinking the sponsors drinks on the podium and are clearly faking it do the sponsors really think the fans ultimately give a shit who the sponsors are?

the best thing that can happen for the series this year would be for Milsapps to win with #51, #22, #7, #5, and #1 nipping at his heels all the way in and I hope he does.
  19. Davidjohnson

Davidjohnson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any word on Milsaps arm? Was it just bruised? He said at the end of the main that Canard accidently "destroyed my arm"
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:

from http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/03/03/the-moment-red-lights-and-yellow-flags

:thumb

Props to Gordy and PTRadam. :thumb