Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:

Still is.
  2. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    No it's all good now, except a bunch of mid field riders who are not showing up....
  3. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    It's still only refreshing in waves. After 3 days, I really suspect that's on purpose and they don't want to have live tracking available for the public.
  4. FinnDuro

FinnDuro Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer:
    Looks like Cyril picked up the pace again. It's quite impressive, and possibly somewhat demoralizing to the other top racers, the way he seems to be able to easily pick up pace & minutes at will, when needed.
  5. coak

coak Addicted to Rally Racing!

Oddometer:
    Cyril has made up a lot of time between WP3 & WP4! Now only 5:25 down
  6. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Only looks like it because Barreda hasn't posted a time yet.
  7. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the may be mid field riders in the race, but front runners in my heart. i wanna know what happend to simon??
  8. coak

coak Addicted to Rally Racing!

Oddometer:
    Agreed, forgot that he hasn't come through WP4 yet
  9. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    No offense intended, none at all. Si is still only registering at DSS
  10. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Doubt it. Let more riders come in and we'll know. I'm guessing he'll gain more like 2'00"-2'30" at WP4

+1
  11. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few thoughts from the last few pages:

- Reseeding is bullshit. You earn what you earn, and more to the point others earned what they did. I'd be pissed if I were #32 today.

- Honda has done something amazing with their effort in the time allotted, but their we know better approach, which is consistent in my view with how they deal with all forms of racing (ever read valentino's biography?) is disappointing.

For them to leave 20% less fuel capacity than the established winner is stupid.

- Beautiful work, Neil!

- From my memory of the terrain in this area last year, they are going to have some fantastic riding. Sandy, but interesting and technical. Lyndon will really like it, I'm willing to wager.

- Re the character of the race, it is what you make of it. I also dislike the short specials, the motor homes, etc, but to call it a motocross is wrong. Just ask the folks who have already been bitten, it's a serious thing even though its not as serious as some of us wish. Riding hard for 14 stages is what makes it unique, you can fake a day or 5 but eventually, the men and the boys will be standing apart.
  12. Simosez

Simosez go ride your bike.

Oddometer:
    ah well, it's after midnight here i better get to bed and see what suprises await me in the morning.
    F5irehose for breakfast again.
  13. 690RR

690RR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Norway or some exotic country with a lot of sand
    I know that this is THE F5 thread, but perhaps you guys behind a comp have a good idea how to solve our little problem, that showed up today..

We got in a new sponsor for PAU and I need to find out logistics for how to reach bivouac with a package with new stickers. ANYBODY out here, any experrience with catching this train ?

we have a Mexican guy driving the RV, he can do stops and pick-up, but does anybody know if DHL in Peru or in the worst case in Argentina would be able and willing to meet at some point ?

The mean green Sprinter with mechanics must unfortunately take full focus to serve and cannot use time for this.

Any ideas are very welcome !!
  14. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lyndon is posting some great times!
  15. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i guess after having a look at the dakar in the first 3 days, he´s trying to step up the pace now? what would a dakar vetrean say?
  16. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After years of indifference I have warmed to Casteu (even though I dont know him) I hope he has a good one.
  17. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:

It shows up after a lag.
    What I dislike is that it doesn't offer any sort of insight what's happening on the ground. This vicarious racing is dry enough without the delayed data.
  18. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    He's getting stronger. He must like the terrain today.
  19. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Barreda's on fire, pulling more and more time. Despres now +10min, not 5min as suggested! :deal
  20. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:

You know they play with colored markers every night over there? Just have someone draw the sponsors' image and duct tape it. :evil