Warning! Tires slashed - AZ Wildcat/Camp Creek/11-mile wash

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by alphaBETAdog, Feb 10, 2013.

1. alphaBETAdog

alphaBETAdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today all four of my truck tires got slashed as well as 4 other trucks at the Tonto National Forest parking area at the north end of 136th St. near north Scottsdale. I think the area is also known as Granit Mountain. Had a nice day of riding only to come back to my truck to find the tires flat and slashed. It must have been done sometime between 12:30 and 3:45. Needless to say we were all very pissed and it created quite a problem and expense getting our trucks towed out. Something makes me think it was a resident that lives somewhere along 136th street the doesn't like the traffic going up there. They also put a "private drive" sign up about 1/4 mile before the area and it is a public dirt road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BrockEvan

BrockEvan Brock Warwick Supporter

Oddometer:
    jeebus that sucks.
  3. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:
    First, I offer my sympathy that you have been the victim of vandalism
    perpetrated by a cowardly 4$$h0le.

I'd go back again with a couple of big strong buddies, a video camera,
    and some appropriate personal protection gear, and ride off and then
    sneak back and wait in the bushes for the guy who did it to come back
    and do it again. Video them in the act of slashing tires again and you'd
    have a slam-dunk court case and all of your buddies could go after the
    perpetrator for damages and lost wages etc. An arrest would be guaranteed,
    and it sounds to me like the damages incurred the first time were sufficient to
    secure a felony conviction, though I do not know the law on this in your state.

On the other hand, if this area is close to a drug smuggling route and that's why
    they don't want you riding around out there, you could find yourself facing some
    dangerous people. Obviously it's your call what you decide to do.

4. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    if you ride that area alot just set up a game camera and hope it is a local
  5. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:

The problem with setting up a game camera is that if you aren't around and the perps
    wear a hoodie or a balaclava, you haven't got much to work with. That's why I like
    the plan of two or three large strong friends hiding in the bushes. The idea is that
    you don't allow the perp to leave the scene of the crime. You hold him and call the
    cops.

6. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    WOW! What a fucking coward. <label for="rb_iconid_25">[​IMG]</label>

Thanks for the heads up and sorry you had to go through this.
  7. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    This may be the correct thing to do, but a little street justice sounds much sweeter to me.

Sorry about this ABDog.

S.C.
  8. alphaBETAdog

Oddometer:
    It is going to cost me just under a grand for the tires and tow. My insurance deductable is $1000. The bastards even slashed my spare tire underneath!

The Sheriff said that just last weekend other vehicles got their tires slashed at that very same parking area. Also, a friend that live near that area said some other friend of his got hassled for riding their street legal dirt bikes up that very same road a few weeks ago. It is definately a reident. Also, at the intersection of 136th St. & Ashler Hills Rd someone put an official looking "private road" sign which it is no way a private road. Some street justice needs to be done as it is doubtful law enforcement will or can do anything.
  9. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a thought, if a person has put a sign up, legal or not & his first attempt at diversion & inforcement in the area to off roaders is slashing tires, personally I would consider this to be a dangerous person & could be capable of much more? No drug runners here, I would think a deranged local for sure. $1,000 a lot of money for sure to be out. Don't know what the answer here is. Law inforcement should be the method in solving this, for sure your life is worth more than the risk! I ride alone a lot & often run into road closed or no trespassing signs on roads I feel are legal to be on but see no physical reason to press the issue. I realize the area you were in is highly used to unload & ride from but??
  10. mgraber

mgraber n00b

Oddometer:
    I'd start by removing the 'private property' sign but leave it on the ground near where it had originally been posted. Find a suitable OP and see who puts the sign back up. This "might" help you ID a person of interest. Further recon might lead you closer to either justice or retribution. You have boots on the ground there, I don't so take my advice for what it's worth; very little.
  11. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just bring a bigger knife, and a bigger set of balls.

S.C.
  12. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Unfortunatly violence can't solve all problems.
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    So you're saying violence should be the answer to all problems? WTF?

j/k

What a bunch of bullshit for the OP. Hope the person gets caught and is made to pay for all the damage.
  14. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    While a stake out sounds like a great idea to catch the scumbag
    who here has that sort of time?
  15. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
  16. oldxr

oldxr Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the guys on dual sports got hassled by somebody then they know who it is.Are there expensive houses nearby?Or some homeless tree hugger living in a non-running vw bus?I ride alot by myself and think I will be packing soon.I see a business opportunity here.Upper body armour with built in holster.Hopefully who ever it is wont start dropping nails or tie piano wire between trees or signs.
  17. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    that blows betadog,,,,, vandalism is the main reason i dont like leaving my truck out there.

i say the best thing to do is "hire" someone to camp out and watch the place from afar with good bino's and a camera with telephoto lens. if you can get the person in the act then lawsuits and legal action are in the bag, get your money back for tires and "private surveillance". ect. if its a local resident it would totally be premeditated, and that might be a felony offense.
  18. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Not wishing any more misfortune on you, but I wonder why they didn't slash the trailer tires.
  19. alphaBETAdog

Oddometer:
    That really perplexed me as well! And it would have been an extrem hassle if they did. Maybe it was because it was a brand new Kendon trailer and even this scumbag couldn't do that?

One of the other trucks that got all 4 tires slashed had those expensive "Baja" tires that he said cost $800 each. He was extremely pissed.

Mentioned this to the Cosco tire store manager who also rides offroad. He said he has known of instances where someone has strung barbed wire at neck level. If so, this is definately a deranged individual/s we're dealing with.
  20. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    where exactly is this spot? i may need to go and spend some time there.