Dr. Greg & Uly go to ANOTHER robot conference

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Dr. Greg, Jun 21, 2009.

1. daveel

daveel "Who me?"

Oddometer:
    Hey Greg. We just got back from a "plane" trip to Colorado so I haven't been able to keep up with your trip. One of my favorite campsites is at the top of Flaming Gorge, looks right down into the canyon and is usually empty during the week. Vernal to I-70 is a hot stretch, part of my "hate" relationship with my R1100S! My brother crashed his bike and died right as you leave Siverton to Durango, he was coming back from Ouray, was in the process of rolling through the stop sign into Silverton and saw the trooper sitting there, didn't make the corner. We lived there in the mid 80's. It always hits me hard whenever I ride by there. Yellowstone/Tetons can be a pain. The road over to Dubois? is fun and I ran into some adv riders in Hatchet WYO one year who had ridden mostly dirt from Arizona to there, so there is a way to beat the congestion. Feels like Albq. here right now, 100 degrees, off to the "cool" tub. Thanks for a great report and stop back by when you move here!
    Dave
  2. ADV Fool

ADV Fool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could give a flying crap what you ride (unless it was a vespa. JUST KIDDING VESPA FOLKS). The fact is that you RIDE and better yet, you write about your rides.

I'm the phony, I ride almost every day during the week and most weekends too. The last seven years I've had numerous trips I could have written about from Laughlin NV to Crescent City CA (lived there 15 years, LOVED CA 299 and CA 199), from the Utah border to San Fran and many parts in between. Not one Ride Report from MY sorry butt.

You Sir are the rare breed that can ride and then tell the story about it. Without you and those like you there would be no ADV website. We'd all be confined to watching some dumb ass on You-Tube bust his balls on a hand rail while riding his skate-board.

Thank You Dr. Greg, and all those like you!!!!!!!!

Randy
  3. donnymoto

donnymoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, a trip down memory lane. I used to eat lunch there all the time. Bonny Doon vinyards isn't that far away either :deal

Nice RR!
  4. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, wish I'd known about it...

Oh, man, what a bummer. I can certainly understand your feelings.

Hey, I was just about to turn the keys in the U-Haul when I got your latest weather report. 100 degrees in Portland?!? It's cooler in Albuquerque!

Take care, and thanks for the kind words.

--Doc
  5. Dr. Greg

Oddometer:
    Mike, glad you enjoyed it; I consider that high praise coming from you. We could get our own little "ADV mutual admiration society" sub-forum here...:D

--Doc
  6. Dr. Greg

Oddometer:
    Hear, hear...

Not YET is what you mean, right? Maybe start one tomorrow! And yeah, CA 299 is pretty nice...:ricky

First time I've been called "sir" in a while...I suppose we poor workaday stiffs are the bread-and-butter of ADV. Doesn't mean we have to like it!:tough Between OldSchoolMike and I we'll try to hold up our end.

--Doc
  7. paul56

paul56 Usually gruntled

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Doc for another great RR. I always enjoy your posts here and on Badweb. Having a friend whose family escaped Castro I was struck by your words: "When I rode out of Cuba, the feel of the air, the look and smell of sagebrush, and the blue sky never seemed to feel so good"- course they didn't ride, but you get the idea. Cheers!
  8. NM MULE

NM MULE Sparky

Oddometer:
    Doc it was good to read your report. I remember that you posted a Grand Canyon trip awhile back. I even went to Thundrbird in Albuq. to look at the Ully's cause of your posts. I mainly ride the dirt around Albuquerque on a KLR. Since I don't go out of state I get my travel needs by reading posts like yours. Keep up the good work. It was great to see the Zia flying on the bike at the campground. I love to ride New Mexico.
  9. easymoney

easymoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I enjoyed much i spent some nice morning reading the the ride ..I am now going to go work on my uly and go for sunday ride Thank you
    :clap