Heidenau K60 tires

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by markymcd, Mar 17, 2009.

1. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
  2. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's getting great wear. Just ordered my new set.
  4. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    The last few hundred miles were aired down to 25F/28R for a 220 mile day of offroad last week, and I never put them back to 36psi (what the dealer recommended and has proven to work very well) until I got back from the weekend's ride.

Aired down to 25psi, the front started to show signs of weird knobby cupping (like a D606 front). Felt great offroad that way, but no doubt it would shorten the lifespan.
  5. lunaticTR

lunaticTR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any cons because these tyres are D (Diagonal not Radial) type. Just realised it and wondering what would be, if any, the side effects.
    Or it might be a mistake of reiffen.com. It shows d type for 140/80D17 and R type for 110/80R19?
  6. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW! I ordered a new set of K60s from site member Tabasco, rideonadv.com and
    three days later they are on my front porch $10 shipping. That's service!
  7. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got mine on Yesterday.

Ordered them 2 months ago.

Is that service? :bluduh

I'm about to find out if they bothered balancing them.
  8. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you Aussies even have a postal service?

What sitck do they swing on a string to let you know your tires have arrived?

Please tell Mick Dundee hi from Pluric.

[​IMG]
  9. snakebitten

snakebitten Small Town Hick

Oddometer:

I'll trade 1 small town Texas post office for 1 small town Aussie pub/eatery.
    If I get to pick, I want the Mountain View Inn pub in Corryong.

Couple of bikers their introduced me to the Scottsman Filet with pepper sauce.
    It was a great steak!
    I'm missing it bad enough right now to ship you some K60's from Jaxon.

Is Winter over there yet?
  10. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap :evil

That's why I order tires at the beginning of winter.

I think they may have underestimated demand. Seems not everyone on a GSA has shit their pants lately.
  11. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    In Cape Breton now on my way to doing the TransLab... and the Ol' K-60 is showing substantial wear at the 3,100mi mark, and will be shot by St. Johns... soooo just called Keith at the ToyBox in St. Johns (Super HELPFUL guy!) A pleasure to work with :D 1-709-726-6500
    He's going to have me a D606 shipped in for Tuesday.. :clap Ol' reliable:deal .
    I figure the 140-18 sizing I'm running without the center bar (like the 150) must be accounting for the extra wear.
    Otherwise it's been a pretty solid tire...
  12. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer:
    I have a wobble at around 45-50mph with these tires? I took the rim to BMW dealer and had the rim with the tire on it balanced but the wobble still exist. I also check to make sure the triple tree wasn't loose.

Has anyone else had this issue. They also seem to slide quite a bit on the dirt. What are these recommended for? 50/50 dirt? If so what would be a more aggressive dirt tire?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions, thanks
  13. jon6.0

jon6.0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dunlop 606 or 908RR, Michelin T63, Kenda 270, Motoz tires.
  14. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I figure I now have about 6000 miles on the K60 installed on my Vee. And its not showing very much wear. I figure I'm god for at least another 5-6000 miles. A buddy and I went riding yesterday and the terrain was a very soft, squishy mud/sand mixture. Slowing down caused you to sink in at least 2.5". My K60 performed BEAUTIFULLY. Compared to my negative experience with TKC80s in the mud - I was very pleasantly surprised. Aired down to 26 PSI and other than the occasional loss of traction, the tire tracked straight and helped increase my off road confidence.

My buddy was running a set of Shinko 705s - he was very jealous of how my bike was handling.

I will definitely be ordering another rear for the Vee and when I wear out the Mitas E09 Dakar on the F800, I will install a K60 there as well. Money well spent.

C.
  15. MikePike

MikePike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those in the Central/Western part of Maryland looking for a local shop to buy from JT Motorsports in Frederick is running a special on these tires and the TKC 80's from Continental. They came in cheaper than a few online sellers I found. I normally don't shop JT's but if I'm going to use this as a test tire I'm looking to not break the bank. Pretty much every other shop in town and one in Hagerstown gave me a Heidewhatsits? :rofl

Heading in today after work most likely to order one up for my Versys rear and will be pairing it with a TKC on the front. I'll verify my price after I go in to make sure.
  16. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    SlowPhil was running a set of K60s on his trip to Usushia, and just had them changed somewhere in Bolivia or Peru. His statement is here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20138295&postcount=166

He's running a DL650, loaded for travel and has been on the road since the first of August. Pretty good report on the longevity of these tires if you ask me.
  17. Jake Mountain

Jake Mountain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ha e a set of these on my Vstrom1000 and have about the same wear after only 3000 miles. I'm very happy with the overall performance but thought I'd get a lot more miles out of a rear. In the K60's defense I live and ride in western NC where the roads are highly abbrasive and I weigh 300 and ride it like I stole it. I also tend to power slide it a lot on gravel roads which is 20-30 % of my riding. I am very impressed with the on road grip for a tire with such aggressive tread.
  18. Ragin Rabbi

Ragin Rabbi Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    Where's this shop? I'm in Boonsboro, 1150GS Adv. been really thinking about these. Let me know what they're asking.
  19. MikePike

MikePike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are on 355 next to the El Mariachi. I'll swing by tomorrow. Had to work late and had to get home to take my youngest girl to basketball.
  20. fractalsource

fractalsource Adventurer

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389662

Mitas C02 Stoneking
    response see:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809938

These tryes: Mitas C02 Stoneking http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9550514