Moving to Miami Area -- need advice

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by El Santo, May 29, 2011.

1. El Santo

El Santo Enmascarado de Plata

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone,
    I am moving from Connecticut to the general Miami area within the next couple of months and am an avid dirt biker.

I have an 04 950 KTM Adventure that I'm taking with me, and a Husaberg 390 (not plated) that is up for sale in Flea Market. Trying to sell the 'Berg because I'm afraid I will not find suitable places to ride it in south Fla. Am I mistaken? Will I find good places to ride it down there?

If the Berg does not sell, I am also considering trading it in for a larger dirt biased Dual Sport (KTM530 or KTM690) thinking that in case I find off road riding areas, a larger street legal dirt bike would be much better suited for the terrain in South Florida, and a good complement to the 950, suited for longer range dual sporting.

What do you guys think, should I:

a) sell the 390 and concentrate on the 950?
    b) trade in the 390 and for a larger street legal dirt bike to complement the 950?
    c) not worry about it an take both bikes with me?

Thanks, your advice will be much appreciated!
  2. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

Welcome to South Flatistan!!:clap
    Now that the niceties are out of the way...:evil, you're screwed down here for dirt riding, unless you travel up the state a bit to ride the dirt.
    There is a great bunch of guys in the central and north Florida areas riding in Ocala NF and Apalachicola area's. My advice is to keep both bikes as the 950 can get you around on the street..:puke1 and the Berg can trailered:uhoh to the dirt trails..
    Follow the threads around here about the desperation in most of us trying to ride off pavement....:lol3
    Hope to see you around here!!
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome.

The Berg will need a plate to do most of the central Fl riding.

Nearest decent riding from Miami is 100miles which gets you a hares scrambles track and mx.
  4. gregneedham

gregneedham I seem to fall often

Oddometer:
    Check out just south of Homestead Motor Speedway, east of Card Sound Road. There's a pretty big area for riding back there and both bikes will serve you well.

On the weekends there are a lot of quads and MXers back there, but it's not bad, by South Florida standards.

Just head to the Speedway and you'll see the dirt road leading into the trails on the south side. Miles and miles of riding to explore.

Greg
  5. gregneedham

gregneedham I seem to fall often

Oddometer:
    Some photos from the Card Sound Road area...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. El Santo

El Santo Enmascarado de Plata

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all for your replies. As of now I am trying to sell the Husaberg here in CT. If when I get to fla I find there's some riding, I can always get another bike. I will be taking the 950, so will be exploring the DS scene for sure.

See ya there!!