RaceTech Electric: High Quality Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - ADV Disc.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by fadingfastsd, Feb 11, 2012.

1. fadingfastsd

fadingfastsd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi ADV'ers.
    I'm Evan with RaceTech Electric. We manufacture High Quality (& High Output) stators and voltage regulators for many street, dirt, dual-sport & quad models. I run the R&D and Engineering department, and do all of our design and development, as well as handle production. I can answer any questions you have, or help out with electrical issues.

First things first, our website:
    RaceTech Electric: High Power Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - http://www.racetechelectric.com

Some parts you guys may be interested in:

Suzuki DR-Z400 High Output 180W Stator
    [​IMG]

Honda XR400/XR650R High Output Stator
    [​IMG]

Honda XR600R/XR600L/XR350/XR500 High Output Stator
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki KLR650 High Output 280W Stator
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki KLR650 Voltage Regulator
    [​IMG]

I'd also like to offer a discount to ADV riders. All ADV members can get a flat 10% off of any stator or voltage regulator we manufacture, by using the Coupon Code 'ADVDOTCOM' at checkout. I hope you guys will check us out when you need a stator or regulator for your bike. We have a 1 year warranty on all parts, and free tech support by phone or email.

Thanks!

Evan
    http://www.racetechelectric.com
    evan@racetechelectric.com
    619-928-9015 office
  2. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    What could you offer for those of us Kawasaki KDX 200/220 owners who want more watts to power functional headlights and heated grips?

While not a current model, these bikes are probably one of the most prolific, and enduring, dirt bikes ever made.

Thanks!

ktm950se
  3. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Hey KTM950 thanks for the request. I have hand-wound a few KDX250 stators, just re-wrapping the ignition poles. These were for 83 KDX's I believe. I really doubt we'll build a complete replacement stator for these bikes, as I just don't have enough demand for them. I agree they are awesome bikes, but I have to make sure I can sell alot of a new part to justify the development costs. I've got to build at least 100 of a new part to make a production run worthwhile. I will definitely post if I begin development on these parts, but for the time being I don't have any KDX part applications, and no current plans to develop one.

Thanks for asking though!

Evan
  4. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    How about a voltage regulator for ktm 990 adv?
    Thanks
  5. GeckoRider

GeckoRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
    Might want to check the BMW F800GS section as there are a number of folks with Stator/Regulator issues. Offering a solid replacement, at a reasonable price, I'd imagine you could reach 100+ units. Keeping an eye on mine as I am out of warranty and would jump at a better build if I need to replace down the road.

Good luck!
  6. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. I just looked up pics of the F800 GS regulator. Building the regulator is no problem, one of my current housings & the internals are perfect. The only problem is finding those connectors. If you have one would you be able to take detailed closeup pics of the connectors on it?

Evan
  7. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Also shouldn't be a problem. From looking at a pic on ebay, I have a housing and internals that will work just fine.
    Main deal is tracking down the connectors to match. I have my shipment of connectors coming in about 2 weeks, and I may have those. Would you also be able to take closeup detailed pics of the connectors on that part?

Evan
  8. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Hi Evan,
    Thanks for your reply.
    You might want to post an offer to produce such a high-power stator if enough people sign-on, at the KDX Rider.net forum.
    I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the interest...

ktm950se
  9. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    yes I'll take a few this week.
    Thank you
  10. Rescue Wagon

Rescue Wagon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any chances you can do a Kawasaki VN900?
  11. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I will look into the VN900. I don't currently have a stator for that bike. I looked up pictures on ebay though, it looks pretty similar to a core I already make. I will look further into this.
  12. Rescue Wagon

Rescue Wagon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for looking into it.
  13. gvthnks

gvthnks Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about a stator for a XR250r.
  14. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    I just checked those out. I don't have a stator that will fit the XR250's. I don't know if I will build these, as I haven't had much demand for them. No plans to do so as of yet, but we'll see.
  15. b3h

b3h ol dog on a stray Supporter

Oddometer:
    Xr650l ?
  16. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Now that I can help with.

Honda XR650L Stator

Let me know if you have any questions.
  17. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
  18. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I took a look at a DR200SE stator on ebay. Theres a listing right now with good pictures of one. I might have a stator that will fit that bike. I don't currently have a stator listed specifically for it, but I might have a core that is the same size.
    Can you take it out and take some measurements for me, and I can see what I can make fit?

Evan
  19. b3h

b3h ol dog on a stray Supporter

Oddometer:

According to the manual the oem stator puts out 188 w at 5k rpm. RT specs say an additional 20% on average is provided accross the rpm range. Does this mean that the RT stator puts out around 225 accross the rpm range on average or am I figuring it wrong? The reason I ask is because most of the problems running accessories and charging at the same time seem to be at low rpm. Any idea what the RT puts out at idle to say 1 or 2k? If there is a curve maybe you have a pretty color picture that can be shared?
  20. duckrogers666

duckrogers666 Formerly Flying Cow

Oddometer:
    +1