Riding Partner for US-Panama

Discussion in 'Americas' started by rpilottx, Jun 5, 2011.

1. rpilottx

rpilottx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am looking at leaving the US next January for Panama. I figure to my my 98 KLR and figure 200-300 miles/day. I am very flexible and this is just the start of planning. Anyone interested in joining me?
  2. Section8

Section8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested, P.M sent.
  3. DKW1200

DKW1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning the same trip but leaving the end of November. Are you flexible on your timing?

David
  4. rpilottx

rpilottx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can leave as early as December but will be in Nepal and Thailand for the month of November.
  5. rpilottx

rpilottx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tury may be joining us from Chihuahua. He rides a GS and sometimes a DR650. And he knows the Copper Canyon area like the back of his hand.
  6. diesel1015

diesel1015 will wrench for food

Oddometer:
    Also interested. Leaving Atlanta mid to late January and heading south on a dr650. PM sent.
  7. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I am leaving Shediac, NB Canada for Argentina, on my KLR 650, sometime before the end of October

I'm interested in teaming up for the ride from Texas to Panama

PM Sent

Kedgi
  8. airdale7

airdale7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm starting from Oklahoma around October 1st if anyone wants to ride part of the route. Be aware i'm on a Shadow 750 and if the going gets rough I will just have to catch you later.:1drink Check the trip on my blog.
    www.twowheelsthreeamericas.com
  9. IRIDE56

IRIDE56 Mike

Oddometer:
    Sounds cool, I would love to spend the winter in Mexico and Panama,
    How old are you and what is the expensiveness looking like,, Tell me more please.
    Mike
  10. mundobravo

mundobravo Long timer

Oddometer:
    ah Panama you say...
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/42443080" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/42443080">Driven Down - Yaviza</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user383158">Mundo Bravo</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  11. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on leaving London Ontario for Panama around Dec 1. Trailering down to southern US and riding from there. I plan to start in Baja, crossover to mainland and ride Copper Canyon and just head south. Experienced rider, but a first timer to Mexico and south. I'll be riding an adventure prepped XR650R.

Looking for someone to ride with some or all of the way.

Brian
  12. psypiral

psypiral Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving early January for Guatamala and would love some company.

Pm sent
  13. nicholasdeeg

nicholasdeeg n00b

Oddometer:
    I am planing to leave New York City the beginning of January and ride down to Santiago Chile. I have a route laid out up to Colombia as of now. So far I'm at 40 days from NYC to Bogota. I would love to hook up with a rider or two for any, if not all, of the trip. Does this interest anyone or seem like the dates might coincide with your planed dates? Thanks. Feel free to email me at nicholasdeeg@gmail.com.
  14. 0theories

0theories Enthusiastically Skeptical...

Oddometer:
    Also, thinking of heading down around that time. Would be riding from Oregon south at least as far as Panama. Not sure I can afford to get across the gap... I have a few months and plan on stopping and looking around a lot. Have spent time in CA before, but not on a bike. Wanted to maybe just backpack SA this year, but reading the forums, am motivated to ride down CA instead... keep me in the loop.
  15. airdale7

airdale7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys are we talking about 2012 or 2013 to start the ride?
  16. Section8

Section8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was originally posted for departure in Jan 2012, there is an updated thread for a November departure though.
  17. nicholasdeeg

nicholasdeeg n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm talking about a January 2013 ride. I would depart NYC in the beginning of the month and arrive in Santiago, Chile in the beginning of March. Who's up for for it!?
  18. sunquest

sunquest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be riding to ZIH around Dec. 8 from PHX providing the roads are good from North Idaho as I am trucking the bike to PHX . Made the trip 2 years ago just looking for some one to ride along. Family has a house in ZIH so I will staying untill Jan. then maybe on to Cancun. Riding a VFR so staying on the BLACK roads let me know if this fits your schedule the road from El Paso would be nice to.