Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Something all day, west and not too gnarly. Prefer little to no slab as I am going to wait for brake lines on the wee before it goes out to play. Oh and not leaving before 9am.
  2. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Eddy. Do some research and DO NOT BUY a 6.0L Ford Diesel. They are JUNK.

I've had good luck with the 4 Dodge Cummins. If you get an auto expect to put around $5000-$6000 in parts in the trans alone. I've got a bunch of billet in my current trans ;) PRE 03 cummins are VP44 and that is also a weak point. You need to make sure the fuel pressure is at least 15psi. In 03 they went to a common rail setup but the injectors are VERY expensive. Pre 98.5 they used a P7100 pump. Very reliable and VERY easy to get a few hundred extra HP for next to nothing. If you want to drive my 02 you are more then welcome. I'm just over 600 hp to the rear wheels and can still edge out over 20mpg if I drive like an old man.

The eco-boost looks neat but twin turbos on a gas motor scares me.
  3. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Meet you at wawa over by your place at 8:30?
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't be surprised if I am a few minutes late but OK. Took the WR out today and set my speedo corrector for my new rear sprocket. It pulled the gearing down enough to make 6th usable.
  5. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you guys are riding west I may be able to join you. Im riding the DRZ. Where are you going?
  6. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's no plan, but sounds good. I'll call you in the morning and we'll figure out a meetup point.
  7. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made it home safe. I had a great ride. We were going to ride big levels but t was closed due to a wildfire. We road down Coal Rd then back up Vesuvius to Montebello. We ran into MX_Andrew there but couldn't convince him to join us for a run down shoe creek. After shoe Creek went down Alhambra and Wiggins spring to 60.

Dan, I turned onto Petersburg Rd from Genito. It turns into Skinquarter when it crosses into Chesterfield. From there I took Beach road home.

Chuck, I didn't get rained on at all.
  8. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw you turn. Considered turning there but decided to go for the beat the rain route. Every where we went it seemed like it had just rained or was just about to rain. but except for that little shower we hit I made it home dry too.

[​IMG]
  9. skychs

Oddometer:
    300+ miles today on the DRZ400. Longest trip so far. First experience riding it hard in the twisties behind Dan. Pirelli MT21's did very well on and off road. Shoe Creek was a lot of fun...... Very challenging at times but a lot of fun. Jeremy surprised me today. I thought I was following Rocketman at first. He took off fast and kept the pace going all the way to the Parkway. When we got to the gravel he was always close behind. Great job Jeremy.

Thanks for letting me tag along guys.

It started drizzling 2 miles from the house. I walked in the house dry as a bone. Yeah!
  10. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

tough weather in the valley today :D

from Chesterfield, River Rd to Amelia CH, N to Tobaccoville, W to 58, N on 602 to 800 and Schuyler, then 6 to 151 up past Wintergreen to the BRP, N to 64 over to Wrights Dairy Rite for a superburger in Staunton ( the reason for the trip :dg) The N on 81 over to Keezletown Rd, wiggling on some my well known back roads to 33 E, to 522 S and beating the rain home :D

great day!!!!

nice to have the final drive repaired:thumb Thanks Guy!!!!
  11. skychs

Oddometer:
    The big GS is all loaded up and ready for the Iron Butt ride. Lots of extra room but its ready to roll. Off to work. See you guys Thursday morning bright and early.

[​IMG]
  12. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    just minutes ago....I swear there was rotation....weird no thunder, lightning or rain just winds...:eek1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. B.E. Coyote

B.E. Coyote (Super-Genius)

Oddometer:
    Great pics!
  14. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great picture Mike!

Jimmy
    Rctr
  15. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Wow! Thanks, Mike!
  16. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody know of someone with a older 6 hp either Johnson or Evinrude short shaft outboard motor for sale.

I'm not looking for a piece of junk or another boat anchor, I want a nice running piece. PM me if you know of someone. Thanks
  17. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    On Route 60, about 3 miles east of the parkway there is an intersection. Map shows road names as: to the north - Pedlar River Rd, south FS Dept 39 - aka resevoir road.

The south bound goes down to the Lynchburg resevoir. Can't tell crap about it from the maps I have, nor google maps. Is it gravel? Is it open or gated?
  18. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    Last time I rode it, gravel. Been a couple of years. Brings you down next to the water. Easy to do on a big bike. JD Moore lives really close to there and is an expert in the area trails.:deal
  19. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was over that way at the end of June, I saw two raods heading to the reservior, one was gravel the other was a two lane dirt trail, both were DS friendly.
  20. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    cool, thanks guys. I've come upon that reservoir from the south before, several years ago, and continued on some dirt roads and two track up to 60. Thinking it must have been that road (FS 39/reservoir rd). Next time I'm out there will check 'er out.