The Offical Pachaug Trail Thread

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by leonphelps, Aug 1, 2008.

?

Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I have not but I want to!

4. I am scared to ride it....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sledstorm1

sledstorm1 CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer:
    07 s/b 2800 cash
  2. TURNERSVILLE

TURNERSVILLE Long timer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XZYHdNzpigY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  3. DariusFriedel

DariusFriedel Slicker than an M59

Oddometer:
    Hope he's ok. I was cringing thinking about having to ride in the cold with all the water in his boots.
  4. craftyboy

craftyboy Ed

Oddometer:
    Now I have a clean slate for 2012.
  5. craftyboy

craftyboy Ed

Oddometer:
    There was a hole hiding in that puddle. Thanks to the knee gaurds I didn't feel a thing.
    note to self: wheelie over that one next time.
  6. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year everyone.. just wanted to thank everyone who waited for me on the trail this year. My first year on a dirt bike was great. Thanks especially to Rob and Al who dragged my slow ass around the loop on more than one occasion. More fun than I have ever had on a motorcycle before. :clap
  7. motogo1

motogo1 I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer:
    Yup. 2 too old to party geezers will be leaving the NETRA lot at 10:30..:D
  8. Dieseldog13

Dieseldog13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My son and his buddy will be there tomorrow on their Crf250x's. I begged off as I rode there yesterday for the first time and need another day to get over the stiffness. Motogo1, I see that I am 7 days older than you.
    Guys, I will never be able to ride with you because of my low skill level but I must say that I really enjoy following this site. Your humor and great vids and pictures are very entertaining.
    I rode a Honda SL125 back in the day (70's) but just got back into it in August when I picked up a Crf230L. With skill, muscle and balance pretty much a thing of the past, I stay within my abilities and still have a blast. We shot some GoPro video with my sons new camera yesterday and I will settle for watching that tomorrow. We hope to join in next year in some of your camp and ride events. Happy New Year to all and stay safe.
    Jim
  9. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    Welcome DieselDog! 2012 should prove to be a lot of fun.. Check out the big bike drop-o-rama thread too if you have any interest in some mellower "dual sport" riding.. Big bike not mandatory, there's a whole herd of TW200's that get in on the fun..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626295&page=76
  10. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding.

:lurk
  11. craftyboy

craftyboy Ed

Oddometer:
    I'm in pretty good shape this morning and the weather is great. See you there.
  12. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    Ride report? :lurk
  13. Dieseldog13

Dieseldog13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ed and Motogo1, my son said "great bunch of guys" and told me about the mishap. Let us know the outcome and best wishes.
    Al, thanks for the link to "Drop-o-rama". That sounds perfect for me. I am looking around for a trailer so that I can join in the rides. I don't see me self loading and unloading my bike in the bed of my truck and do not want to ride the paved road that many miles perhaps in rain or after dark.
    Jim
  14. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Come on Diesel dog. you cant drop a word like MISHAP on the PTT and leaves us hanging! :eek1
  15. craftyboy

craftyboy Ed

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim, it was nice to meet them too.

sledstorm1 • Today 05:49 PM
    Ride report? :lurk

Motogo, Russ and I left the Spaulding lot at 10:45 doing the loop in reverse. The other guys on the Hondas left going the normal direction. The riding was a nice pace. No ice, puddles not to deep. There were quite a few people in the woods today, including a 2 other groups of riders we met up with. Going through babyhead and mt misery from the other direction was a nice change, still a workout even it was downhill. Russ crashed due to a rock deflection. No damage or injury. We topped off at the mobile station and were saying how the rest of the ride will be easy since we were done with the tougher section. We got a good rhythm going and I was having a good time. One of the puddles got me sliding and I laid it down soft. No more than 20 seconds I was back in the saddle and cruising with Russ and Motogo. When arriving at Wasup lake Russ and I noticed we were missing motogo. We back tracked a half mile and found him picking his bike up. He had been jousted off his bike by a fallen tree that was protruding into the trail. We took a break, moved the tree off the trail and decided to take the rt 49 back to Spaulding. We had about 45miles total for the day. The 2 guys on the Hondas got back to the lot at the same time as us. They had done about half the loop also and came back due to it was getting late. Motogo wasn't looking so good after the wreck, but he was able to ride back. Hope all is ok.
  16. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope he's alright. That's one thing to say about going backwards through the loop. The trees and branches were cut back according to direction traveled. It's a dangerous game you guys are playing. Head ons are no fun, I know first hand!
  17. bass_on_tap

bass_on_tap Long timer

Oddometer:
    He'll bounce right back. That's the nice thing about being a young buck.
  18. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    Airing out the 610 can be a tough chore! :fall Hope all is ok...:ricky
  19. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Motogo was looking a lot better by the time we got to Suffield. He was still hurting for sure but his head had cleared the cobwebs some. That "spear was substantial. The ride from the Wyassup boatlaunch to the Spaulding lot up Rte 49 was 20 miles. It was a good thing it was so warm. Luckily Motogo decided to bring his jacket as it was last minute decision, as he figured it would be warm enough without it. By the time we got to the start area we were pretty cold.

There was bunch of quads that unloaded at the boatlaunch. You know that they will be going the opposite direction also. When ever I'm leading, even in the arrowed direction, I keep a watch for traffic in the other direction. Especially that piney section with all the whoops.
  20. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad Gary is ok...I wish I noticed this, kind of in between spiked and studded tires up here so I ended up taking the dualsport out for the first time in awhile.