Harley Bashing. What's it all about?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Putts, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPTBLY

CPTBLY Enjoying the Ride!

Oddometer:
    +1 (though I am guessing this is the time of year he doesn't get much riding :lol3 )
  2. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    I take it the Ultra is doing well :ear
  3. madleemark

madleemark Restless

Oddometer:
    A bad dealer causes allsorts of problems,makes me wonder how they stay in business. The local harley davidson dealer is quite helpful, although i allways feel as if ive entered a boutique.Stickjan, Going from one characterful make of bike to another, after many years with one, i found a bit of a culture shock, i went from bmw to harley davidson, but kept my bmw,could not part with it.
  4. heffe

heffe #$%^&U*&^%$#@

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/quote]

this.

:thumb
  5. heffe

heffe #$%^&U*&^%$#@

Oddometer:
  6. StickJan

StickJan Mobilis in mobil

Oddometer:
    There is 2 feet of snow outside..... :cry

I posted this in the first post I did (I think) but if anyone is interested in some pics from this summer..... Northern Scandinavia. + 2 degrees Celsius and rain for half of the time. 30 + degrees C, mosquitoes and wasps for the rest.... Northern parts of Norway is STUNNING!! But cold.....

http://gallery.mac.com/jan_hellman#100019

Planning a tripp trough eastern Europe this summer. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria.....

Sincerely//Jan
  7. StickJan

Oddometer:
    I´ve rented Harleys in the US too on several occations. Completely different experience. Always been treated great. Most of my bad experiences are definately because of the dealers located in my part of the woods. Scheduled repairs that never was made (over and over on many occasions) and no excuse even...... Chaotic.... Love the bikes, don´t love the dealers over here. Just too many bad things happened..... So it´s not, as someone said, just because we got wet in our brand new Harley clothes once or that it takes time to wash the bikes...... :)

Sincerely//Jan
  8. BikerGeek99

BikerGeek99 Horizon Chaser

Oddometer:
    Yep. Haven't ridden the Ultra since November. She's itchin' to go for a ride. So am I, for that matter.

The missus and I are gonna ride the Ultra to Seattle in July, though. We're looking forward to that ride for sure!
  9. Reryder

Reryder Onward through the fog...

Oddometer:
    You meet the nicest people on a Harley.

[​IMG]
  10. hbsoldier3

hbsoldier3 Life before riding

Oddometer:
    Got a Road King 2 1/2 years ago put 42,000 miles on it with only one issue had to rebuilt the starter if you have not owed one then your opinion is worthless.
  11. StickJan

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend has owned two. One from -97 and one from -04. Wonderful bikes. Very well balanced. I know quite many females that ride Road King´s and one of them is a tiny, tiny 22 year old girl. No problem there. Easy to handle even for short people. Surprising since it is such a heavy bike.

//J
  12. plugeye

plugeye MC rescue

Oddometer:
    no problem until she drops it.
    then a lot of fragile/ tiny/ feeble/ weak riders cannot upright a 700lb steel behemoth & motor on.
  13. TomTom63

TomTom63 Motorradfahrer

Oddometer:
    All a matter of technique. I've seen demos during a MOA Rally when a tiny girl picked up big BMW's. H-D's have their center of gravity much lower than a beemer.

There are ways of doing it. Of course, tiny girls (and guys) need to educate themselves on how to do it...:dunno
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  14. sleepychas

sleepychas Banned

Oddometer:
    My first attempted new bike purchase was an HD sportster 20 years ago. I put a deposit down on the bike but in the end they wouldn't honor the price and only the threat of extreme violence got my deposit back.

Thats when I said goodbye to the Harley world.

I think dealers have got a little better since then in NY anyway
  15. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

Just what is the point of your post here anyway? :dunno
  16. StickJan

Oddometer:
    She never dropped her bikes during the ten years she rode her Road Kings. She DID drop her BMW she rides now once. No major problems to get that one up on two wheels.

//J
  17. StickJan

Oddometer:
    + 1. Good post.

//J
  18. 2tallnwide

2tallnwide Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just one more reason they don't appeal to me.

A low COG, etc, makes little difference when you're pinned under the bike. :deal

My GS as top heavy as it was supposed to be felt easier to pick up from it's side than any of the big Harleys I've had to pick up for, or off of, their owners. :nod

Maybe you'd like to answer your own question :ear
  19. plugeye

plugeye MC rescue

Oddometer:
    bike oversize overweight for the rider to handle safely
  20. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    That's one hell of a generalization. You aren't taking skill, lifting technique or any of a host of other details into consideration.

According to your statement, since I weigh only 160 Lbs and am partially permanently disabled I guess I should sell my nearly 900 Lb GL 1800. Or maybe it is ok for me to own a heavy bike because I am a man, but being a woman she can't handle it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.