Anyone here going to Baja?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Eldon, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. I'm gonna ride Baja this April with Dave at http://www.griptwister.com/ .
    This is a fully supported, intermediate 6 day 1200 mile trip that included all fuel, meals, accomodations and transportation of your bike and gear (PNW I-5 corridor). So I'm just here to see if anyone else here is planning to going on this epic adventure? :ear
  2. Curtis76

Curtis76 Coug Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did It last year with Griptwister. It's a helluva deal... and all you need to do is get on a plane to San Diego and RIDE ! Dave and his crew will take great care you! It was the most extensive, exhaustive week of my life - both physically and mentally. I had a great time even though I was beat tired every night. Dave is practically a local down there. Well actually, he does own a place in between San Felipe and Coco's Corner - so I guess he is a local! He'll take you places you would of never thought of going, if you were on your own. You'll have a blast! Have a fun and enjoy your week in the sand (my F8GS and I didn't like the sand so much - but it was my 1st ever riding sand):ricky
  3. onewoodsrider

onewoodsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be down there on my adventure from the 3rd to the 20th. Should be a good time. Wave if you see a blue 950 lol.
  4. gameyogi

gameyogi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what's the cost and what bikes does Dave supply?
  5. StoneAgeMan

StoneAgeMan Wanderer

Oddometer:
    if you click on the link in the originals, many questions will be answered
  6. gameyogi

gameyogi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dot, my bad. Thanks
  7. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    Looks like ~ $500 / day.
  8. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    and you supply your own bike, too rich for my blood.
  9. onewoodsrider

Oddometer:
    I think it ads to the adventure when you go with out a guide :D Map and gps in tow and go for it lol.
  10. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:
    I will say that the Griptwister Baja tour is not for everyone as I've toured both unguided and guided in my day.

This tour is however for the experienced rider that.

1. Would like to travel light and fast. (You don't have to haul your gear all day)
    2. Would not like to miss any of the Baja hot spots (Dave has them nailed with over 20years of traveling Baja)
    3. Would like to focus on riding every day and not looking for fuel and food.

But for me it knowing that they have all the resources to get help in the event of a bad crash. I've witnessed first and a wreck in Baja that required an air lift. I don't want to leave my family in a bind if I don't make it home.
    If you feel like Dave's Baja tour lacks "Adventure" he will gladly redund you your money
  11. onewoodsrider

Oddometer:
    I am sure his tour is badass and has plenty of adventure to it. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. Ride safe and wave if you see a blue adventure.

Todd
  12. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    I'm going, I'm going!:clap

As Eldon and Curtis mention, there will be no shortage of adventure on this ride, and no shortage of riding on this adventure. You will get plenty of riding off the beaten path, for sure! However, the path we will be on has recently taken a pretty good beating by mother nature in several places, and so only strong intermediate or above riders on this year's ride.

We'll also get your bike and gear to the border and back, and haul your personal gear to each day's destination so you can ride light.

As an incentive to get the last couple spots filled, mention you saw this post on ADVrider and I'll give you a special unadvertised deal.

Hope you can join us!

David McKay

Curtis- thanks for the kind words. We really enjoyed having you on our ride last year... hopefully you'll join us again some time.