Charlottesville Riders...where are ya?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by gasgaseffinfast, Sep 24, 2008.

1. gasgaseffinfast

gasgaseffinfast Ahh, f*ck it.

Oddometer:
    Hello all - I recently moved to Cville, and I've been trying to figure out if there's a bike night or a bike place where everyone congregates. Went to a supposed bike night at 7PM tnight at Big Al's in Ruckersville, and I was the only bike that showed up...drag.

Anybody feel like going for a ride, or maybe sharing a good loop? It's no fun riding alone. I've seen a Guzzi Norge, and a KTM 990 SD around these parts, so I know there are some inmates around here. If you see a dork in a red & black Arai XD riding around on a black Harley FLHX, that's me.

Jim
  2. FLASH-GS

FLASH-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Few of us Central Va Inmates lurking in Va Tag-o-rama.Welcome to the area.>BRP looks like a bike show on nice weekends.:D
  3. gasgaseffinfast

Oddometer:
    thanks Flash - yeah, I figured the BRP would be a "must to avoid" on weekends. Actually just ran the whole thing a couple of weeks ago, on my way to Indy for the MotoGP, did the Dragon too. I know there's a bunch of great roads around this town, just gotta start digging...
  4. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey there - welcome to C'ville. There's a few inmates around and I are one. I do know a few loops in the area but they are all of the dual sport kind - do you do gravel on the Harley?

Every now and then we get togeather for dinner somewhere. Hasen't happened in a while so maybe we are due? Whenever it happens, it is announced in the southeast forum ahead of time. There's a bike night at Rivals (near PuttPutt) every so often, but it's tough guy/chopper/crusier crowd - I guess your Harley would fit in well if you are interested.

Some of the best fun pavement roads around are those that go up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway. Rt. 56 past Montebello to Vesuivs is my favorite.

SRG
    s_ruffner likes this.
  5. Bowtie76

Bowtie76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I need to meet some of the locals too, I would call for either a dinner or a nice weekend ride.

Shawn R
  6. MojaveGS

MojaveGS Loving it!

Oddometer:
    Digging in with McClaw's Div waiting for Jackson
    Now that would be a first for me (seeing someone on a Streetglide wearing an XD)
  7. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
    I wear my XD when on my HDs!:huh :twitch The helmet fits my alien shaped head.:lol3
  8. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
    +1 :clap :ear
  9. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Outskirts of C'ville here. Big Al's Ruckersville bike night? Haha! That's new to me. Sounds fun, if more than one person actually showed up. :lol3

I don't think this is a big bikenight area. But lot's of us love going for rides.:ricky

I'll do a Thursday 1PM lunch gettogether again next week if you're interested. i'll post up on Monday.:dg :dg :dg

Nice helmet, you'll fit right in, here. All you need now is some knobbies on that Harley, how is that thing with stream crossings?:D
  10. Bowtie76

Bowtie76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah hell I allready met you. :D

I need to meet new people.:rofl
  11. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
    :photog:freaky:wave:lol3
  12. gasgaseffinfast

Oddometer:
    thanks for the welcome guys....I love riding with my XD in the summer, great ventilation and peripheral vision to boot. I've got a Van Den Bosch rep, black and red that goes great with the Street Glide.....bought it when I had my Multistrada!

I've heard about the Rivals nights, although it seems mostly like legend, and the tough guy crowd isn't my thing anyways. We (my UVA resident gf and I ) live up Rio, I pass there all the time and never see bikes. I see plenty of squiddlely kids sportbikes riding up & down 29, and a few Harleys too.

If you guys want to get together, weeknight or weekend, I'll buy the first round! Maybe a BBQ joint? I can't ever convince the GF to get BBQ...the downside of being with a Doctor!

And I'm up for a lunch hang too.....
  13. gasgaseffinfast

Oddometer:
    Of course by "first round" I meant a non-alcoholic carburated beverage...so, who's up for a meeting - tomorrow the weather might be nice, Monday and Tuesday for sure, anybody up for a ride or some bench racing?
  14. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
  15. Jack90210

Jack90210 quia ego nominor leo

Oddometer:
    :wave

Man, I need to meet a bunch of you. :lol3

Should we plan a local get-together downtown some evening?
  16. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
    +1:ear:ear :ear >re:corrected spelling of my post above> "Meltonbmm is having an ADV rally tomorrow if you're interested." :baldy :lol3
  17. Jack90210

Jack90210 quia ego nominor leo

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Wish I could make it.
  18. gasgaseffinfast

Oddometer:
    that would work great for me - this week?
  19. gasgaseffinfast

Oddometer:

looked at that thread for details, but I don't have the double secret probation password to get directions....any clues you can provide Flash?
  20. FLASH-GS

Oddometer:
    P.M.'d ya the double secret map.:deal :lol3