Movin' on up! I think....

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Beelzabob, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    So I've been pondering the idea of moving up from my 07' 640 to a 10' 990R and I figured who better to provide some insight then you FF's. So I'm curious about the difference in maintenance efforts and cost's, usability (more street vs. less dirt), weight difference (how's the ride going to be vs. the 640), comfort for longer rides (Not that I have any now since my LC4 motor can rattle a filling out). What should I expect? Anyone done this already?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
    B/<o:p></o:p>
  2. spencergt66

spencergt66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a 640 for a little while I loved the bike at first but then you start to push it off road and the weight becomes an issue and then the lack of power soon follows if you buy a 990 or 950 I doubt you will want to ride the 640 much anymore

I still don't see why these have such a loyal following not that there is anything wrong with these bikes it just never really thought it was really fantastic, But I had also been riding my SE a lot at the time so go figure