9 Horses of Fury...A Zuma 125 on the Loose

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cbolling, Feb 18, 2011.

1. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  2. cbolling

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. cbolling

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  4. cbolling

Oddometer:
    After Friday's ride I have close to 700 miles on the scoot now. Did my 1st oil change.

Then I ran out of free time, so I will change the final drive oil in the morning.
  5. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got to subscribe. I'm in the same boat. Or would that be on the same scoot? Got three young-uns. Not much ride time for me.

Like it so far!!
  6. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing the 276 a little ways north of 11??

Looks like you're finding some time to ride. Far too many guys give up riding when the kids come along. Look at it this way, a little two wheel therapy is far less exensive than a phsyciatrist:D
  7. DocAxeYarYar

DocAxeYarYar RideDualSport.com

Oddometer:
    Very nice pics! I bet that little scooter is a blast on those hairpin turns! I like the big mural pictures you took also. Ride on dude!

[​IMG]
  8. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Klaviator, you are correct on the location. Sounds like you know the area.

I left my house in downtown Greenville and headed up over Paris mountain and then down into Traveler's Rest. From there I followed 276 through Marietta and Cleveland. Stayed in 276/11 for a while and then headed up to the top of Ceasar's Head.

The Zuma is way faster and a lot more fun on the tight twists then my Shadow is.

I was having so much fun that I wanted to go down the back side of Ceasar's Head and take a pic at the NC State line but I was running out of time. I had to be back at the Bilo Center at 4:15 and I was still at Ceasar's Head at 3:15.:eek1. The little Zuma made the trip back with no problem.
  9. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Smaller bikes are often faster on twisty roads and are almost always more fun:ricky
    I can't wait to get my scooter on some of the really tight roads in the Smokies.
    I'm finding that my 150 is a perfect size for tight back roads although it could use a little more power for the uphill sections. I think that Your Zuma is real close to my 150 in size and performance.
    Keep updating this report. It's nice to see someone out riding his scooter instead of just debating which scooter is better.
  10. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Another beautiful day in the south. It was 60 Degrees this morning and is in the 70's right now. Had a nice ride to work on the Zuma.

[​IMG]

Here she sits all alone in the parking lot.
  11. cbolling

Oddometer:
    My wife asked me to run to Walgreen's and get a prescription filled. No problem, so I jumped on the Zuma and headed up there. The pharmacist said that it would take about 45 minutes. So what to do? Walk around Walgreen's for 45 minutes or ride the scoot and come back?

Really, you already know the answer.

Rode around town and passed the 700 mile mark.

[​IMG]
  12. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Addictive little suckers, aren't they?.

I am not being allowed to forget my statement from years ago: "Real motorcyclists don't ride scooters." :lol3 That was before I got the needle in the arm. Boy, have I had a hard time living that down. :eatcrow

Thanks for the pics.
  13. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Yep, they are fun! The V Twin Cruiser certainly has it's place but for simple ease and convenience a scooter just can't be beat!

Not to mention that I have to wear a helmet with a tinted shield so that people can't see the stupid grin on my face the whole time that I am riding it.
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    This is one of the things that makes a small scooter so great. It allows you to take mundane trips and turn them into fun little adventures. It may not compare to a trip to South America or riding the BAM road, but it is something that those of us without the time and funds to go on epic adventures can do almost daily.
  15. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Over the last couple of rides I kept getting the feeling that the rear tire was stepping out on turns. I decided to check the air pressure on both tires. They were both less then half of the recommended pressure!

What the Hell was I thinking? Never have checked them before. Stupid oversight on my part.

Took her for a quick spin and the ride is a lot firmer. Have not has a chance to open her up and see if there is a top speed increase yet.
  16. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    Looking for a new around town scoot. What kind of speed and mpg you get out of your Zuma?

Love the pix-Brad
  17. cbolling

Oddometer:
    The speed has come up quite a bit as I get more miles on it. It was not officially broken in according to Yamaha until 600 miles. The motor really seems more powerful at 800 miles than it did at 500 miles.

On a flat street I can hold the mid 50's and maybe drop to the upper 40's on a steep hill. (hopefully these will go up a bit now that my tires are properly inflated.

As for mileage I have not been super accurate on checking and given the fact that the engine was still breaking in it is kind of hard to be very accurate. But with my 215 lb butt on it riding at WFO most of the time I am getting in the upper 70's. Again, that also seems to be increasing as the engine loosens up.
  18. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Subscribed.

The older I get, and I am not that old(31 come Friday), the more I want something small and economical to do some big adventures with.

Have you done any dirt with it?

With the tire pressures up you should see a huge gain in mileage.
  19. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just sold my very fine DR650 this evening.
    Now what do I ride when not on my 12GS....neat report & you're opening a window to at least look into.
    thanks
  20. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Got up early this morning to go grab a tag in the Upstate SC Tag game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]