WV dualsports,check in

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Tetched, Mar 4, 2008.

1. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Elkins. If you guys need a hand loading things up this afternoon let me know.
  2. Gabby

Gabby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Soon. I busted my ribs up at a HS last weekend (I was taken out on the last lap WTF??). Anyway, not much off roading for a few weeks. Herewego and I are planning a road trip in May. Northeast? Prolly. I'm still up for local DS stuff. You still in Tyler?
  3. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I put a couple of bikes in the flea market if anyone is shopping. YZ250 and WR250R. I might throw the gasser up there too. I would really like to sell 2 of the 3, doesnt matter which two. I havent made an ad for the gasgas yet.

Sorry to hear about your bike troubles Mike, shoot me a text next time, i wasnt doing much I would have gladly came and picked you up. Shit the trailer was even hooked up. Might be time to switch to a different brand, those poor Euro bikes havent been to kind to you in the long run.
  4. MikeBike4

MikeBike4 Hacked

Oddometer:
  5. wvridgerider

wvridgerider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am out this weekend. I would like to do that 100 mile loop we did last April next weekend. I will talk toBob about it.
  6. TheInfamousDrBholmes

TheInfamousDrBholmes Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a bummer! I'm still in Tyler, I live out next to dad in my grandpa's old house. I've got both my DS bikes ready to go any time. My final is Monday so after that I should be free up to ride most any time.
  7. TheInfamousDrBholmes

Oddometer:
    Gettin outta the dirtbikes all together? :eek1
  8. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  9. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:

no just need to thin the herd. I will be fine with the gasser and vstrom. I found a piece of property and I would like to free up some cash before i make an offer on it.
  10. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    looking like rain sunday:cry

so it looks like a Saturday dual-sport ride might be a plan:evil
  11. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    I'm bowing out all together for a while guys. Not that it matters, never have time to ride anyway haha.

Looks like tiger is down for now, and 400 electronics are buggered. Time to crank out some singletrack on the cannondale :ricky Lemme know if anyone is down for some KSF or even better Beech Fork :clap

Speaking of which, anyone know much about fixing a pedal. Smashed mine on a rock and now functions ok, but clicks a bunch. I tried researching in MTBR forums, but those guys are worse than KTM Talk, I swear. :deal

Anyway, enjoy your weekend guys. If anyone is down cabell co way give me a shout.
  12. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably screwed a bearing if its clicking. I buy cheap pedals, typically ritchey or nashbar clipless. If they get buggered too bad I just toss them and slap on new ones.
  13. TheInfamousDrBholmes

Oddometer:
    Are you running clipless? What kind? I may have some old coda SPD's laying around.
  14. TheInfamousDrBholmes

Oddometer:
  15. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    That 2 fiddy would make a good bike for my wife.
    But she told me we were poor, so no more motorcycles.
  16. TheInfamousDrBholmes

Oddometer:
    Don't believe her man! It's a trick that wifes pull :deal
  17. wvridgerider

Oddometer:
    I have an extra set of Time ATACS. they are great clip less pedals, all you need are the shoes. If you are still in Huntington, stop by after work and we can ride in Eleanor. It has the best single track around. I will also help tune that CDale up. I am on a 29er now. Give me a call. I have all of the tools to fix a bicycle.
  18. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    I've been meaning to get by there anyway, def wanna come ride out there with ya. She's pretty tuned in; thanks to Jeff's (but jesus they take their time)! Of course I went up 2 teeth on the front for some more downhill speed help, and shifting got a bit funky. I think I need new cabels and such to freshen it up all around. But this is perfect weather, and I'm loving it. So thanks again @wvrdgerider for the hookup on it, she's a simple bike with strong components and lets me be rough haha.

I am, pending some future decisions, also considering an FSR StumpJumper if I find one in a decent range.

@Bholmes and @rider_wv and @wvridgerider I'll probably take one of you up on it this week! I've heard the spd's are the easiest to get out of aren't they? I have funky feet so been looking at different shoes. But I do like to play on rocks and such and I won't lie Clipless make me a little nervous in the bailing off regard. I've heard the arguments and such, but I just worry about bouncing off a 40ft ledge still attached to the bike, but I think they would be awesome on ascents. I just have to find some good shoes.

And since this is technically an MC thread, lemme throw this in here

[​IMG]

(middle mountain road -> Laurel Fork Wilderness area and campground)
  19. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    at long last mrs tdrrally rode her ds scooter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    video link
    :rofl
  20. wvridgerider

Oddometer:
    I can fix your bike a lot faster than Jeff and I have great prices, usually a six pack. Let me know what you want to do. If you are bucking some drops on that bike and the frame breaks I will hook you up.if you go clip less you will not go back if you CC the bike.
    Planning a long DS ride next weekend with Bob.