Ride Apart: Ten Dumbest Things You can do on a bike... ADD some more

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by DAKEZ, Oct 14, 2013.

1. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what the shoulder is for!
  2. Hack'dTiger

Hack'dTiger Ride more. Worry Less.

Oddometer:
    Man, and I thought I was the only one dumb enough to try that one?! :lol3
  3. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Pull in around 1am, after a 1700km ride that was over everything except Interstate...reach into pocket for the garage door opener...and realize you've ridden the last 300km with your jacket pocket unzipped and the garage door remote, your housekeys, and the cute bartenders number is gone...:cry
  4. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    Hopefully you gave him your number so you two can still hook up.:evil
  5. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Found out later he was a Harley rider...sigh, unfortunately his bikes unreliability prompted many more missed connections... :cry
  6. frasermanx

frasermanx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I must have out of my tree. But I wanted to start that old Norton and wrapped a rope around the forks. Of course I fell and broke stuff .. luckily not my bones..

Just after that a cop car came around the corner.. probably called by the nosy neighbours

DO NOT EVER DO THAT AGAIN !!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ..
  7. CharlesLathe

CharlesLathe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In western Colorado in the 1970s, lots of cowboys did not care for motorcycle riders. Sometimes there were confrontations.

One day, I pulled into a gas station and there were a couple of pick-up trucks and some cowboys. My wife, Nina, was riding pillion and we got the stink eye and had to listen their banter. After filling up, I started the bike -- kick start, mounted up, flipped up the kick stand, and away we went. The bike seemed light. I looked over my shoulder and Nina was standing next to the gas pump.

When I pulled back up to the pump, the cowboys were in convulsions of laughter.
  8. FLX

FLX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    a while ago i was changing the oil on the moto. when i was done draining it my girlfriend called me in for dinner so i just hand tightened the drainage bold. after dinner and a few glasses of wine i decided to finish the oil change since i needed to bike the next morning to go to an interview.
    next morning i came out to the bike on top of a big puddle of oil. i had left the old oil in a open container next to the bike so could not reuse that.

well i took my bicycle and was 45 minutes late to the interview not sure if they believed me but i for sure know i did not got the job
  9. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I forgot that one. I just did that like a month ago, rode on the freeway like 5 miles, at a light at an exit I happen to look down and it just lets loose:eek1

So I push it ro the side to look and see if I just threw a rod or something and a guy a lane over honks and points at the plug in the middle of the road, Right as an 18 wheeler drives over it.

I didn't even go to the interview.
  10. tokyoklahoma

tokyoklahoma 75%has been 25%wanabe

Oddometer:
    If you happen to be in High School, it's 9:00pm Saturday night, and you just pulled-up next to a car-load of cheerleaders. :rofl
  11. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I just spent like an hour sitting at Del Taco reading about all of the dumb crap you stupid morons do. You are all idiots and should be ashamed.

My Local Del Taco is really nice, it was *just* remodeled like two days ago, has free wifi, it's one of my favorite places to just go grab a bite and chill out.

So anyway, feeiling pretty smug about how much smarter I am than all you idiots, I put my computer away, put on my balaclava and jacket. Don my helmet....

BOOM! Crash tinckle tinkle tinkle as I get showered in glass from the brand new hanging light fixture that I just shattered with my head.

And then all the employees ask me if I'm alright:huh No I'm not alright:deal OBVIOUSLY! :fyyff

I probably should sue them for scratching my helmet and scaring me with their dangerous new light though

Dang, I like Del Taco, too bad I can never go back there.
  12. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    WTF is a drainage bold?
    Must be a Harley thing.:huh
  13. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's funny.

I mean, the helmet thing is a nifty little story and all, but someone liking Del Taco, and willingly hanging out there, that's funny.

MV
  14. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol, C'mon man their Chicken soft tacos are really good! Fries too. Free wifi. The only real downside is flying glass and dumb bikers.
  15. FLX

FLX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    maybe it's me talking in second language but the ~m15 screw on the underside of the engine you unscrew in order to get the oil out and hopefully tighten again afterwards
  16. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, that's a bolt. :deal

A drainage bold is a very assertive drainage.
  17. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Un drenaje negrita para Del Taco :evil
  18. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha, I see what you did there:evil
  19. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Rawrr!

Oddometer:
    Back when I weighed about 145lbs I bought a brand new Ninja 600c. I took my gf for a ride down to the 7-11, pull up in a parking spot, and before I can get the kickstand down the bike starts to lean over. I've got my left foot down but it keeps leaning... I tell her to put her foot down three times, she finally did when the bike was too far over for me to hold up. The worst part, aside from dropping a new bike, was the guys across the street cheering as the bike went over.

Same bike, same girl, went on a little off road excursion to a covered bridge. Parts of the trail was dry, and the low spots was wet and muddy. She decided to walk as I rode the bike back to the pavement. Yes, I got a little too close to a mud hole and the front end washed out. I think she was more upset about it than I was.
  20. DesertTortoise

DesertTortoise Freedom Fighter

Oddometer:
    Turning around a mile after your last stop to find your sunglasses which must have fallen off your tankbag when you put on your helmet just to get there and find that you are wearing them.