MmMmM 2014 GPS track

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by Rosie!, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Rosie!

Rosie! Little MissAdventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Hi All, GPS route is attached for the 2014 MmMmM ride, 16-17 August.

The routes are designed to run with the NZ Open GPS Project maps, and have been tested on the maps created on July 24th (Having up to date maps is very important, the routes may not work with older maps). Maps can be downloaded here:

http://www.nzopengps.org/public/Latest_Global_Indexing_Mapsets/

I’d recommend downloading the July 24<sup>th</sup> version, to make sure your GPS is seeing the same things as everyone else’s.

The maps either run through Mapsource, or, for newer GPSses (e.g 62s) you can copy the *.img files straight from \Program files\NZ Open Autorouting GPS project\ into the appropriate directory on the GPS.
    I will attempt to help out if anyone is having problems getting the maps and/or routes onto their GPS. But if people are having trouble, I would respectfully suggest that they also carry the routesheets as a backup.

Other than Fuel in Wairoa, and the Matawai pub, there are no there-and-back sections on the route, so if your GPS/mapping program is displaying a few dead-end side trips, it is quite likely not displaying the route properly. Having routing set to ‘avoid unsealed roads’ can be a culprit sometimes. I have tried to add lots of waypoints to coax the route into going the right way, but it is your responsibility to check that your device is displaying something sensible.

There are eight routes, and a variety of waypoints. Some waypoints are useful things like fuel and food, some are just for navigation. I’ve also included a few waypoints for petrol stations that aren’t on the main route.
    Since we’ll be corner-manning through the Waipunga first thing on Saturday, the routes all start from where we regroup in Minginui (except for the one that doesn’t, see below).

The routes should be fairly self-explanatory:

ToSatStart – Near the end of the first corner-manned section of the ride, there is an easy/hard split. This is the easy route to Minginui and the start of the GPS track proper.
    Sat AM Fuel – for people who need to go to Wairoa for fuel
    Sat AM No Fuel – for people who do not need to go to Wairoa for fuel
    To avoid confusion, I’d recommend deleting the route you don’t intend using.
    The lunch/fuel stop at Waikaremoana is marked as a waypoint

[FONT=&quot]Both routes end up at the pub in Tiniroto. From there, it’s time to choose a new route:
    Sat PM Short – the (slightly) more direct route to Matawai
    Sat PM Long – incorporates an extra gravel loop on the way to Matawai.
    Both end up at the Matawai pub.
    Sun AM Long – takes in the detour through Whakarau Rd that we did last year
    Sun AM Short – goes straight down the Motu
    Both end up at the Hot Bread Shop café in Opotiki.
    Sun PM – Takes you back to Clint’s place via some nice gravel roads.

If you have a device that can only handle tracks rather than the routes given here, flick me a PM, and we’ll see if I can convert things into an appropriate format for you.

[/FONT]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attached Files:

2. kiwipeet

kiwipeet Uber Cyber Loafer

Oddometer:
    Cool :) thanks Rosie.

Time I dusted off the Garmin...
  3. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: