Yooperbikemike's 2009 MotoGP Thread.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    +1

His biggest failing to a lot of folks is he had the temerity to beat Rossi.

Get well soon Casey :thumb
  2. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Px3HEbhgpV4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Px3HEbhgpV4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2Ufo-hTcxU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2Ufo-hTcxU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  3. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    :lurk
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
  4. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Mladin managed a case of Epstein Barr to win a championship and has certainly continued to show full form since recovery. :beer
  5. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Oh, and there's Miggy Duhamel being carried to his 600 SS and SBK to double at Daytona after nearly losing his leg half a season before, Mick Doohan winning 5 World Championships after nearly losing his leg, positively losing most of a little finger, and being permenantly disabled. James Witham recovered from Hodgkins Lymphoma to win races at World Championship level. I believe he finished 2nd in BSB the year he took off part of the season for treatment, though I could be very wrong there (too lazy to verify...:oscar ).

These are just a few cases that come to mind.

Of course, it is very possible that Stoner will never be the same. I think there is equal possibility that he will come back smarter, stronger, and more determined than ever.
  7. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    And this fella (he had much rougher than Armstrong):

[​IMG]
  8. 101N

101N peccavi

Oddometer:
    Casey isn't cut of the same cloth as that guy. That's Rossi or Ago land, IF all of the tests still keep coming up negative...
  9. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Aug/090817rydernotes.htm

Honda on non-Showa suspension. That's big. Honda owns Showa, from what I recall. To admit that they don't have the best product...

I hope it does help Honda get up to the front two Yamahas. Someone needs to keep Rossi in check when Lorenzo can't do it. A 14 second gap from first to second is just silly.
  10. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  11. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  12. Kropotkin

Oddometer:
    +1! Just wish he'd guest write for me too :cry

As for 7 million euros, that's the third figure I've heard, from 3.52 million (frighteningly precise), 5 million, 7 million, I even saw $13 million somewhere. I think people are making it up as they go along ...
  13. Kropotkin

Oddometer:
    There was a 10 second gap from second to third as well.
  14. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, Fabrizio retired early in Brno, and the BBC2 guys were saying it was due to Arm Pump, and implying that the GP bike is therefore way harder to ride than the WSBK bikes. I would imagine this is due to the carbon brakes and tires allowing much harder, later braking.

Thoughts from the Adv rider cognoscenti? I recall other superbike riders making a good showing in MotoGP one off rides.

JC
  15. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
  16. 101N

101N peccavi

Oddometer:
    Does Ducati really think that Lorenzo could develop a bike? The only guys on the grid who could develop the package would be Rossi/Burgess or CE/Burgess.
  17. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've been spoiled lately I think. This used to be standard fare in the two stroke/Doohan era!
    By car racing standards that's a "nail biter!":lol3
    Still...we've had some good close racing this year...including Brno.
    [​IMG]

It just wasn't close at the very end! :D
  18. j_rock

j_rock Life Warrior

Oddometer:
    I heard arm pump, and then they said it was an old injury acting up(prolly from running into Spies). Someone else said the engine had problems. Either way it was a weak show of skills and a disappointment for the team. Not everybody can do a Bayliss.
  19. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    A bit more than pump according to crash:

“I had to stop otherwise I would have risked a fall. I have torn the right shoulder muscle and it looks like I have a golf ball under the skin."
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Well since they have zero chance of scoring either combination of those two...:1drink

One thing I feel Hayden has been missing all along (entire MGP career) is a personal crew chief. If I were Ducati, I would be on the phone to Erv Kanemoto. :D