Big Bear Ride May 7 & 8th

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by captcham, May 6, 2010.

1. captcham

captcham Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I will be coming up from San Diego with family and Bagster my riding buddy to get back out on the trails up in Big Bear this weekend. We will be riding Fri. after 2pm or so and Sun. 9am, starting at Serrano Campground by the lake. Riding will be dual-sport, fire roads, trials, etc. If anyone is interested in joining us feel free to show up, this is not a tour guide service so come prepared with tools, tubes, water, maps, clean undies. Camp site #95 in Serrano, or you can e-mail me at- captcham@me.com

Attached Files:

2. BAGSTR

BAGSTR One Project a Day

Oddometer:
    We will be using 2 meter radios on 146.505

Personally, I prefer the Intermediate Routes and avoid trials like 3N34 between Crab Flats and the bridge at Holcomb Creek. In that vein, anyone have knowledge of the difficulty factor of the alternate connection between Lake Arrowhead and Coxey Meadow, 3N34D-2WO1-3N95. The Sidekick map calls out Devils Hole, which I've read numerous threads on bike drownings. Same place?
    And what about 2N10 to Clarks' Summit, it that Open? We like to connect to 1N54 - 2N06 - 2N93 south of the summit. Lastly, any local knowledge on the north side east of Holcomb Camp regarding 3N32 -3N10 -3N02 back to 3N16?

Thanks for any details.
  3. dirty adventurer

dirty adventurer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This sounds like fun and I would like to ride with you two again, but being Mother's Day weekend.............

I'd better resist!:deal
  4. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I may be in for sun, what time would you b heading out of camp? I don't want to hold anyone up as I'm coming from LA
  5. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    the trail coming into devils hole is very small and on the side of a hill. the crossing is doable but be prepared to get your feet wet. its not so deep to drown out the bike unless you fall over.