Tesla LEDs, now on sale

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GHO100, Feb 24, 2012.

1. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    <!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> My name is George, and not too long ago, I decided the options for excellent quality auxiliary lighting were too few, and much too expensive. I've bought motorcycles for less than some of the quality light options out there.

Without further intro:

The Tesla Renaissance: Bringing lighting out of the Dark Ages!
    [​IMG]

$200 per pair, $9.95 s&h.

Comparison between

https://www.teslaleds.com/images/teslaleds_onoffanim.gif

A) 35 watt HID headlights and

B) Tesla LEDs:

[​IMG]
    Features:​

• Waterproof Black Anodized Aluminum housing with O-ring seals
    • 4 x Cree XM-L T6 chips
    • 3600 Lumen output
    • Easy installation, no ballasts needed!
    • Rated for 100,000 hours
    • Wide Beam Pattern (Flood lights, excellent for off-road!)
    • Low power consumption: 2.4 amps (28 watts) @12v
    • Dimensions: Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
    • Shatter resistant lens

Applications: boats, motorcycles, cars, trucks, atvs, dirtbikes...anything that runs on a 12 volt system

Try us against our competitors at 1/3 the cost!
    If you're not 100% satisfied that our lights are brighter, and just as well built,
    we offer a full 100% 30-day money back guarantee.

1 year manufacturer's defect warranty.

Sold as a pair with 2 accessory mounts for 7/8" or 1" bars.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback!
    george@teslaleds.com
  2. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Check back to this thread for updates to our product line:

Coming soon:

1. Wired dimmer control

2. Wire harness with relay for easy installation of hi-beam trigger and manual switches
  3. tedder

tedder irregular

Oddometer:
    zomg. Those are impressive.
  4. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Those are the 2000 lumen models, taken a few months ago.

The new models, called the Tesla Renaissance on our website, are 3600 lumens.

I'll update that comparison soon!

5. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    ...you have these in stock right now if someone orders?
    How long to ship?
  6. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Shipment will get to me soon, I would say 3 weeks till they're at your door.
  7. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll ask the question everyone's thinking:

Why should we buy these from you instead of ADVmonster? Yours are $20 cheaper per light, but Sanjoh's been on ADV selling these same lights for years, and has a great record on customer service and warranty.

What sets you apart?

(honest question, not criticism)
  8. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi Subybaja,

I understand that question will be on everyone's mind. I've been a member here for a while, and also on Stromtroopers, where I introduced these lights.

I won't speak to Sanjoh's company, his reputation, or policies, other than to say I have followed his thread, and it seems he does a good business, and his customers express satisfaction.

If you get a chance to check in with any of my customers from the other thread, I think you'll find they're also satisfied with how I handled their orders, and my communication.

What will set us apart in the next coming days will be our take on control and wiring harnesses. I don't like the idea of a wireless controller dependent on a key fob and batteries (had enough trouble with car alarms that used those)

Tesla LEDs will be offering a wired dimmer controller, and a plug & play wire harness as options for these lights.

In the future, we may also offer different lighting units, but for now, I stand behind this product.

If you want buy lights from Sanjoh, and my dimmer, or my lights and his dimmer...that's all up to you. I'm simply here to offer another option.
  9. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    Hello, George.

I recently bought a set of the close-out 44's and I'm experiencing some lens fogging.

My question is, what is the best way to seal the assembly? I was thinking about using Yamabond at the lens junction and possibly the pigtail.

I think I'll disassemble the lights to see if any corrosion exists before I do any resealing.

What are your thoughts?

Best, Eric
  10. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hey Eric,

the unit has a few spots with o-ring seals. The one you might want to double check is between the glass and the leds. There is a retention ring about 1/4 of an inch thick that will screw off, but be very careful not to let the glass lens fall out.

I would take that off, double check the o-ring, dry everything with a good mircofiber cloth, and perhaps let the unit sit someplace dry for a few hours before re-installing the o-ring seal and the glass lens with retention ring.

Send me a PM if you have any problems with that, and I'll give you my cell to make a call.

-George

11. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    Thanks, George.

That's where I was headed. However, I was going to use a heat gun (gently, of course) to dry the internals.

I'll let you know if something appears problematic.

Best, Eric
  12. Fortech

Fortech Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    George,

Sent you a PM regarding the dimming control you spoke of earlier. I'm in the process of installing these now and am curious to know how soon the dimmers will be ready for shipment.

In addition for anyone wondering, I had a pleasant business transaction with George last month when I purchased my lamps - and wouldn't hesitate recommending him to anyone who asks. Communication was prompt, as was the shipping. 100% pleased with his business ethics.
  13. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi Fortech, got your PM, look for a response

The dimmer units will be for sale soon, but not yet. I've got some mockups on the way to be tested thoroughly, and will have info for everyone soon.

I DO now have lights in stock, and ready to ship!

3600-lumens order here: www.TeslaLEDS.com

I also have some 2000 lumen versions available for $165 per pair.

PM me for details if you're interested in those, and please don't hesitate to post questions to the thread!

-George
  14. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to send out a reminder about the new lights, and let everyone know that Tesla LEDs are now in stock and READY TO SHIP!

The website again is www.TeslaLEDs.com

If you've had a good experience buying from me, or like the product, please share with your fellow motorists!

All the best,
    George Overkamp
    www.TeslaLEDs.com

New pictures:
    [​IMG]
  15. owrstrich

owrstrich F O T G

Oddometer:
    greetings gho100...

you gotts amber lenses for these leds...

j o
  16. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Hi j o,

No, we've just got the clear lenses.

17. FlyingPig

FlyingPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can we get a picture of the accessory mounts you're including with these lights?
  18. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:

Yep, you'll get a pair of these in black with each set:

[​IMG]
  19. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Just want to give everyone a heads up that I'll be out of the country and possibly a little out of contact for the month of April.

If you'd like to order this week, I will be shipping until Sunday.
  20. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    Is this price just for lights and mounts, or do you include a wiring harness with? I might've overlooked this tidbit of info...