MotoGP: Der Sausagering (Ach du lieber, spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Jul 7, 2014.

1. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  2. flienlow

flienlow Been here awhile

Oddometer:

We have a situation. We have an anomaly. This is not a normal or an expected outcome. Perhaps he was close to the fukushima daiichi reactor when it melted down? Perhaps he really is an Alien from Titan? Who knows, but the rest of the field will still be shitting their pants regardless.
  3. spezjag

spezjag Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Marquez has already won on this track last year, a second and a half ahead of Yamaha-mounted Crutchlow, and nearly ten seconds ahead of Rossi in third.

I suspect the rest of the field is not looking forward to this weekend.
  4. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dani Pedrosa FTW. First man to beat Marquez this year. Out last year with a broken collarbone.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

+1
    Made Stoner crash trying to chase him down and the same will happen with MM.:1drink
  6. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:
    VR
    DP
    MM
    Daylight
    (it's a thin limb, I can feel it cracking :lol3)

Realistic guess:
    MM
    DP
    VR
    Dovi
    AEsP
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Massive Ducati carnage at the waterfall. 1 production Honda in the top ten. :eek1
  8. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    MM wins again most likely, but I hope Krop is right and Dani wins it.
  9. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Link here to the history of Sachsenring winners. The Grand Prix era began in 1998 with a victory for Doohan.

Rossi got his first big-class win there in 2002, winning again in 05 and 06. His last victory there came in 09.

However, during Rossi's world championship winning era (2001-2009), Gibernau, Pedrosa and Stoner each won there, and Biaggi won there twice (2001 and 04).

Of this year's field, Rossi has won the big race at Sachsenring four times, Pedrosa four times and Marquez once.

Since Rossi's victory in 09, Pedrosa has won every year except for last year, when he crashed in practice on Saturday and cracked his collarbone.

Last year Rossi was quick in practice, and he qualified on the front row. A look at Krop's Sunday Roundup from last year reminds me that Rossi made a set-up change for the race that turned out to be a step backwards. He still came in third. This doesn't look like a power circuit to me, and so I think Rossi is in with a very good chance for the win.

What could - maybe - slow up both Pedrosa and Marquez a bit is that this race last year had a huge effect on the championship. Lorenzo crashed on Friday and ripped the screws from his plated collarbone. Pedrosa hung in as outright favourite for about 24 hours before he did his collarbone. So both of them will have something to think about. But so will Marquez. :deal

As for Crutchlow ... it seems certain to be another tough weekend. Last year he qualified second, and after being pushed wide at the start he finished second, and closing the gap to Marquez. Asked at Assen to look forward to Sachsenring this year, he observed that the circuit was all about very long corners, which was where the Ducati was worst. :cry
  10. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    " So both of them will have something to think about. But so will Marquez "

I think when MM puts his helmet on, victory is the only thing he has in his mind.

I like to watch the kid race, he is truly amazing... BUT I do hope someone really challenges him all the way to the flag, maybe even beats him finally. Would be refreshing at this point.
  11. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not a good look...

[​IMG]

:huh
  12. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I pick Marquee for the win. I'm going to Indy, so it would be a great thing to see him make it 10 straight there.

With the team leaders established at both Repsol Honda and Movistar Yamaha, the second riders will be looking to improve their incomes for the 2015- 16 contract period from one third of what they make now to half. :norton.

Pedro will try too hard and crash. Lorenzo will be happy to finish third behind Rossi in second.
  13. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Moto3, since both Miller and Fenati gave them a huge gift last race, Honda will look to keep their mojo working.
    Alex Marquez or Alex Rins? Flip a coin, I pick Marquez to make it 3 straight races where both brothers win both classes. Fenati to complete the podium.
  14. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    So you're gonna TOTALLY discount Lorenzo in favor of Dovi and AEsp? That's a mistake.

I pick Lorenzo to podium, but definitely no worse than 4th.
  15. RCmoto

RCmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    the more things change, the more they stay the same
  16. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    1. Marquez, the kid is on a roll, and everybody else is standing in line for Starbucks stale pastries.
    2. Pedrosa
    3. Rossi
    4. Bradl, finally slays his dragon and doesn't choke at the home national
    5. Lorenzo begins his crawl back to confidence.
    6. Aliex Espargaro.

Ducati's blow up motors, electrical gremlins rear ugly heads, Audi sells the marque to Tata, who thought they were buying scones.:rofl
  17. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Rossi, he finally gets qualifying right, he has been watching MM for a weakness and knows he can beat him, and he has the pace.

MM. Who else?

Dani. Good, but still not great from the surgery.

a great distance to

Lorenzo, who does not have his mojo back yet and will say this is the best finish of his life.

Bradl. Happy German.

Dovi. On a roll, but not that good a roll :lol3
  18. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a link to the video of Stoner crashing the Duc in the waterfall right hander a few years back? He was hauling ass, and was leaned over so far he levered the bike off the ground with the footpeg. Bike was a yardsale, he was fine. I think it was his last year at Ducati.
  19. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:

Have to be a MotoGP.com subscriber

http://www.motogp.com/en/video/2008/Casey+Stoner+crash+in+Sachsenring+FP2
  20. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer: