Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. gplane

gplane Putty Conjugator

Oddometer:
    God speed, Mudpi.
    Condolences to family and friends.
  2. TripleDaddy

TripleDaddy Hoping my skills exceed my horsepower

Oddometer:
    In an effort to celebrate Richard's storytelling ability, I'm challenging inmates to post their favorite Richard story.... Mine comes from sitting around the campfire at HNF this year:

Richard started telling a story about some BMW rally in Iowa where the local college volleyball team showed up. As somebody who went to college in Iowa, Richard's description of the girls volleyball team was spot on. I laughed hard enough that my sides hurt. There was some joke about an old guy in a tent and a bottle of whiskey that I can't remember completely...

He was good people. Now who else has a story?

[​IMG]
  3. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    This breaks my heart. I recently became friends with Mudpi through our rides and campouts. My favorite story, which still makes me laugh until I cry btw, is one day he received a call from a broken down trucker as he was a truck mechanic. When the guy called in, he said "I just blew a driver!" referring to a part on his semi to which Mudpi responded "Well wipe off your mouth and bring it on in". The guy was super pissed when he arrived at the shop but once he laid eyes on Mudpi, he decided fighting wasn't the best idea. God Speed my friend! Will drink a Bud aluminum can tall boy for you tonight....:cry
  4. DirtRiderwjc2000

DirtRiderwjc2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    Some of us from work are planning on trying it out Friday after work...should get a few hours of riding in before we break something!

-M
  6. zamboni9

zamboni9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm very sad to hear about Richard. I always enjoyed his stories and especially liked his ball busting. Last HNF he was sitting around the fire with us. His stories had me rolling. I ended up sitting around that campfire laughing so hard at his stories until well past 2am. Even though I had to be up at 7am it was worth it for the good time around the campfire. Godspeed, Richard.
  7. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    Last year at the HNF I got up at around 2 or later to go to the bathroom and he and IN Bones were standing around talking or belittling all who walked by. They kindly encouraged me to come over and converse with them, in so many words. I knew better, because they were also kindly discussing my choice of professions. In only a way he could that was awesomely funny yet not too insulting. I truly looked forward to seeing him at rides and talking to him, it was always entertaining........God Speed my friend!
  8. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Ride Against the Grain

Oddometer:
    You've got to be fucking kidding me??? God damn it...really?! I'll have to get on a keyboard to express my instant love for that dude and the stories he shared with me. I hope I'm miss-reading right now.
  9. zamboni9

zamboni9 Long timer

Oddometer:
    An excerpt from Richard's obit. Hell yeah!
    [​IMG]
  10. IndyTimSt

IndyTimSt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about mudpi. Met him this year at one of Zamboni's meetups and rides. Saw him again at HNF and unofficial HNF. I looked through and think these are the only pictures I have from them.
    The man:
    [​IMG]

The bike:
    [​IMG]
  11. Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones Ride Against the Grain

Oddometer:
    The last time I spent a weekend with Richard, I walked up to the campfire at the unofficial HNF ride, before we got drunk off our asses...mind you.
    Other people were talking and then he said something along the lines of, "Guess we were the last ones up at the HNF camp out."
    My response was, "That's what I heard."

1 of many to come.
  12. drrider1

drrider1 just running amuck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well. shit! Reconnected with Richard at HNF ride after many years. Laughed at his stories till my sides hurt. Great story teller he was. He will be missed
  13. hilljak

hilljak Hayseed

Oddometer:
    51 is too young go... :cry

Rest easy big guy and keep puttin' bacon on it!
  14. trentster

trentster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some great stories about Richard, condolences to his family!

Godwin, let me know how dry it is on Fri. Looking like some like rain moving through Thur night.
  15. k12lts

k12lts Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was there for that one. It was about 15 years ago and one of our riding buddies always had a bottle of whisky with him. He had gone to bed earlier when this volleyball player ask Richard if anyone had any whisky. Richard pointed to Pete's tent and said "If you go in that tent and stick you tongue in that guys ear he'll give you some whisky" A little while later we saw her crawl in the tent and come out a with the bottle. The next day Pete rode to town to get another bottle in case it happened again!
  16. TripleDaddy

Oddometer:
    That's a good story. The fact that it's true makes it even better. Thanks!
  17. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    :rofl. I was there for that story too. That was a good laugh that night. I read it in his voice too.

I make a motion that the HNF ride be in honor of him this year.
  18. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
  19. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Excellent idea Nick! Should now be the Mudpi ADV Ride
  20. TripleDaddy

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if I can drink that much, or talk that loud.... Then again, if it's for a good cause....