Yetman and the Cod Fish Pub

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Rod, May 12, 2003.

1. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    this was our secound trip to Yetman wich is located on the Bruxner Hwy about 30 ks' south of the Queensland boarder, just down from Goondiwindi, has a poplulation of about 120 and a great Pub
    [​IMG]
    we set off from Kempsey about 4 bikes around 7.30am (fuck thats early for a saturday) ,our number's grown when Lyn and Greg joio in 20 k's up the road, then another 30 we pick up Phil and Jo on there GS11.
    the planned route was up to Dorrigo see link of early trip for pix's of areaDorrigo then across to Ebor, then down to South Grafton for morning tea and pies and peas @ Ridgie Dige pie shop.
    last time Cookie and I were on this road it was rough dirt road, so we were pleased to here it was now tar just about all the way:jump and boy we have found our new "test track" unbloodyreal. once the cops get holed of this will be stuffed so enjoy while you can felow OZ tourer's
    we make the pie shop and the rush is on !!!!
    [​IMG]
    after a feed we are back on the road up the GWYDIR Hwy to Inverell, from INverell we were to travel to AShford and then lunch at the Garman pub,, well thats went it started going down hill:rofl the tour leader is one of the blokes who says"I just know this little back road"...well two hours later and 40k's of dirt track's and a LT with bad wiring
    [​IMG]
    we got the LT going then found the pub :1drink
    [​IMG]
    Jazar help the Publican Graig with the cooking I might add here that a feed to end all feeds cost us $5.00 each so this pub is on the visit list
    [​IMG]
    after a beer and a feed we move on to Yetman which is 70 odd K's up the road.
    and put he bikes to bed so we can kick back and have a few :beer
    [​IMG]
    any Ozie traveling around that way look the Yetman pub up it cost us $74 for double room, roast dinner and bacon eggs and susages, toast and coffee.....and that was for Cookie and me.....sheees hard to beat!!!!!!:thumb
    the crew don't look to wosre for wear in the morning:rofl
    [​IMG]
    we pack up and ride into Texas for fuel then basicly back to Inverell, donw to a little place called Tingah, then across to Guyra, Ebor, then Dorrigo and home.
    all in all a great weekend with a fine bunch of people
    travelled over 1200K's and drank way TOOOO much and had far too much fun and click over 40,000k's on the K too boot:thumb
    the rest of pix's Yetman
    as a foot note the road from Guyra to Ebor is in repair and the LT dropped a painer ,but other than that a great trip.
  2. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun time was had by all :thumb

Thanks for sharing!
    I've only got 2670 miles (4297 Km) on the K. 2 weeks vacation coming up after the 49er rally, should be able to put a couple more thousand on then :evil

Greg
  3. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    Cool report. :thumb It looks like you guys know how to have a good time. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I could almost taste the food and beer. Next time make it more vivid. :lol2
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking us along Rod. Cool pics.

Don't forget too ...if you run low on Texans over there, we've got extras :evil