Suzuki TU250 - anyone seen/ride one?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by anomad, Dec 10, 2008.

1. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen the new Suzuki TU250? :ear

A fuel injected 250 is great news to me. I wonder if it has enough power to get out of its own way? Seating position is likely cramped for a 6'2 dude.

[​IMG]

<table width="500"><tbody><tr><td class="specType" style="">Specs</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType" width="25%">Engine:</td><td class="spec" width="75%">249cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, Air-cooled, SOHC</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Bore Stroke:</td><td class="spec">72.0mm X 61.2mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Compression Ratio:</td><td class="spec">9.2:1</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Fuel System:</td><td class="spec">Fuel injection</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Lubrication:</td><td class="spec">Wet sump</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Ignition:</td><td class="spec">Electronic ignition (fully transistorized)</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Transmission:</td><td class="spec">5-speed constant mesh</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Final Drive:</td><td class="spec">N/A</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Overall Length:</td><td class="spec">2070 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Overall Width:</td><td class="spec">750 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Overall Height:</td><td class="spec">1075 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Seat Height:</td><td class="spec">770 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Ground Clearance:</td><td class="spec">N/A</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Wheelbase:</td><td class="spec">1375 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Curb Weight:</td><td class="spec">149 kg</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Suspension Front:</td><td class="spec">Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Suspension Rear:</td><td class="spec">Swing-arm type, coil spring, oil damped</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Brakes Front:</td><td class="spec">Hydraulic disk</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Brakes Rear:</td><td class="spec">Leading-trailing</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Tires Front:</td><td class="spec">90/90-18M/C 51S</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Tires Rear:</td><td class="spec">110/90-18M/C 61S</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Fuel Tank Capacity:</td><td class="spec">12L</td></tr> <tr><td class="specType">Color:</td><td class="spec">Red</td></tr></tbody></table>
  2. Cycletech

Cycletech Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't seen one yet, but would like to. I have to buy new training bikes for an MSF program, and fuel injection would be great. One of the dealers I talked to can only get two for the whole of next year.

Should sell well. Looks a little better than the GZ250 and is light years ahead of the Rebel and the Nighthawk.

Power Commander and pipe on your 2-fity?:lol3

We use Chinese 250's at one of our sites now. What a waste of time that was.:eek1
  3. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
    As ridiculous as that is you know its the first thing people will want.

Did you know you wanted a sportbike when you got the 250? :D:D
  4. jmlmjmjm

jmlmjmjm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw one at the Motorcycle Show in Phoenix. Nicely finished and looks like fun. I'm 6'2" also and did not think the seating position was bad at all. If I could have lot's of bikes, I would like one of these as well....

:1drink
  5. K44rll

K44rll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tu250 has been around for a while, we had it in the UK around 97-98 and is also known as a Suzuki Volty and also the ST250 E-type in Japan

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/st250/index.html

History..

http://www.suzukicycles.org/ST-series/ST250.shtml

A lot of tuning/custom parts are available like this

Kijima

http://www.tk-kijima.co.jp/custom_st250.htm

A Beard Custom

https://www.mjbike.com/ubike/sch_details_id-563069.html

WM Cafe Racer parts...

http://www.wmpdt.co.jp/suzuki/st250.html

Chic Design...

http://www.chicdesign.co.jp/products/vol/st250_cl/st250_cl.html

http://www.chicdesign.co.jp/products/vol/st250_other/st250_other.html

Kitaco stuff...

[​IMG]

Also check out this ADV converted Volty....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6875112&postcount=9

Karl
  6. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
    Translation?

I guess they have been in the UK for some time?
  7. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger

Oddometer:
    I'd like some performance reviews. I think this bike is awesome, although I've not seen one in person.
  8. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Iguess we went to the same show, but i went to Long Beach and my friend is 6 2" and he said it was good for him, i am 5'7" or so, and really like it, but no demos were allow so I can't tell you about performance, just +1 on the fit and finish everything is nice for the price, and a 250 will let you go around town and a little more, just how tall and heavy are you?

Damasovi
  9. Spikehead

Spikehead Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    The MN MSF program will be using the YU250 this year.

10. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
    Well I haven't seen one yet. My KLX250 gets me around rather well. I think I am just excited that fuel injection is coming to the little bikes. I want my next bike to have FI, and not have a chain.
  11. dart1202

dart1202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    machine type 250cc from suzuki for TU250 equal to ST250 with 1 exhaust pipe, I use GS250 but with exhaust pipe same with gz.
    [​IMG]
  12. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No TU250 in Fort Myers,FL. The sales people didn't even know about it.
    I am interested, maybe there will be demo bikes at Daytona.
  13. Lochlyn_Deckard

Lochlyn_Deckard Dex Moto(naut)

Oddometer:
  14. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
  15. rivercreep

rivercreep Banned

Oddometer:
    Call me spoiled but, I must have Disc brakes! (I hate working on Drum brakes!)
    F.W.I.W. I think if I weren't into Dualsporting and could live with a plain commuter for the street; I'd buy this in a heart beat.
    I can see this TU set up with a windshield and saddle bags and being one heck of a commuter. (and it would sure as fraq beat a scooter!)

My 08XT250 with it's low gearing can still travel at 75mph and I see no reason why this TU with higher final drive wouldn't be even more competent.
  16. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    I will be interested to see a review that shows a top speed. I wonder if you could safely take it on the freeway.
  17. K44rll

K44rll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. anomad

anomad not in storage

Oddometer:
    • Fuel efficient four-stroke, 249cc single-cylinder, Air-cooled, SOHC engine "produces strong, low-rpm torque perfect for the city rider", according to Suzuki.​
    • Bore Stroke: 72.0mm X 61.2mm​
    • Compression Ratio: 9.2:1​
    With a low compression ratio like that its not going to be a powerhouse by any means. But, I have used a DR200 and KLR250 and KLX250 on the roads with little problem. They do suffer on hills or into strong winds. A few miles on the interstate to get between exits shouldn't be a big deal unless you have to go 65+ to stay alive.

Street oriented or mild dual sport tires make a huge difference on the little dual sports I've had. Once I put big knobbies on the DR200 it would barely go 60, my KLX250 doesn't like going over 60, but will if you wring it hard enough.

I hope the fuel injection finds its way into the little dual sports.

edit:
    The Hong Kong site says it makes 20hp at 7500 rpms and it brags about torque. The DR200's are torquey little bastards, so they may be onto something.
  19. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Lots of other motos could be had at $3499 though..
  20. Capt Sport

Capt Sport Adventurer

Oddometer: