REV'IT! Gear for ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motodisiac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    WELCOME

What do you do if you are frustrated and fed up with your gear buying experience? You take matters into your own hands. After all who is going to take better care of you than yourself? Beach Moto was born to be what other shops weren't. Have quality products in stock. Know technical details. Provide amazing customer service. Bring you pleasant shopping experience. Simple.

Thanks to enormous support of ADV Rider community from day one we were eventually able to move from hole in the wall to proper retail location. I'm forever grateful to those who made my dream a reality.

Over years of dealing with various firms we came up with pretty amazing roster of companies we support. Rev'it! is still one of our core brands, but we also represent the best from Dainese, Schuberth, Shoei, Sidi, Spidi, Held, Klim, Forma and Kriega. Cream of the crop.

We stand behind absolutely every product we sell. If it's something we don't trust or approve, we simply won't sell it. May be bad for business, but we stick to this philosophy unlike most companies who are out there to make quick buck.

Click here to take a virtual tour of our Los Angeles showroom.

beach_moto_vistual_tour.jpg

Since this thread was originally about Rev'it! products only, we will try to keep it this way. If you have questions regarding other brands we work with, we can help as well. Thanks for your continuous support!

Dennis
    Yellow Pig likes this.
  2. Capotourer

Capotourer CapoNoMore

Oddometer:
    :thumbup Thumbs up on Rev-it. I just bought a Rev-it Lab Jacket from an Inmate and could not be happier with fit & quality. Rev-it makes great stuff.
    Good luck on your new dealership.
  3. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Seeing good reviews really makes me smile, I think reading these is the most satisfying part of my job :D

tkuhe: "Ordered my jacket two days ago from Dennis and got it today! Awesome deal and awesome service.
    Dennis thank you again"

G-man17: "Folks I want to give Dennis here some props. Others on the board have said it but I am very happy to add my voice to the chorus. Great job Dennis, the jacket fits great. I was concerned about the sizing, Dennis kept answering questions until I was satisfied. Then he gave me a good deal--I saved quite a bit and bought a pair of cool moto socks with the savings. Thanks Dennis glad I could support an ADV member. The gear is flippin cool"

rsimpson: "Another positive note about Dennis and Beach Moto. I just paid a visit to his shop and he spent almost 45 minutes with me. Very helpful"

Whitecross: "Hey Dennis, Just ordered the OFF-Track XXL Grey-Red. Thanks for the suggestion and your great service. It's been a long time since I've felt this good about a purchase well since the Dakar in fact"

btmoto: "I just wanted to thank Dennis for all his help and for getting my gear to me on time"

Dr. Zaius: "Cayenne Pro Jacket and Pants, Fehrenheit H2o Gloves, Apache Boots and socks all work perfectly. I have about 1500 miles on them now (including a couple of solid Pacific Northwest rainstorms) and this is by far the best gear I have ever owned. I highly recommend this gear to everyone and go through Dennis. He is a stand up guy and a fellow inmate! Ride On!:clap :clap :clap"

neuroto: "Thanks for all your help sizing my new Rev'it clothing. The pants and jacket arrived several days ago and fit perfectly. The quality and worksmanship of the clothing is great. Put 250 mile on them the first day and 150 the next. Everything works great. Thanks Again:clap"

DrFaulken: "Dennis is a bad ass dude. I got my Cayenne Pro today (super fast order processing and shipping!) and it is AWESOME!!
    Here's was more impressive than the jacket, though, and I hope other e-tailers, large and small, will take note:

1) Dennis provided his recommendation on sizing based on his knowledge of the product. He suggested a size XL, which I would have NEVER gone for. I wear a medium tall in my Tourmaster, and would have ordered a large left to my own device. Thankfully, Dennis was there to make the recommendation. The XL fits great!

2) Dennis was very communicative throughout the process. He told me when he expected to ship my order and provided a tracking number as soon as possible. This is the level of service I'm used to with larger e-tailers, and to receive such attention to detail from Dennis was a huge bonus.

3) My order was processed and shipped promptly. I've waited up to a week for "in-stock" items to ship from other places, and to get quick service from Beach Moto made me feel good.
    All in all, I am very pleased with Dennis and Beach Moto. I was a little nervous, especially after my dealings with another popular gear manufacturer here on ADVrider and the horrible customer experience I had dealing with a smalltime vendor.

Big thanks to Dennis -- not only for providing expert product guidance and order fulfillment, but a great overall customer experience as well. This is how a Web-based business should be handled.

Nesbocaj: "So I'm thinking of some NEW winter gloves, I PM Dennis a few questions, then a few more. Yes, I can be a PIA. I get prompt, product knowledgeable replies to all my questions and sizing info which corrected a size error that I was going to make:huh. I ordered the gloves on 9/29, get a PM that the order was received followed by a tracking number. Amazingly they are waiting when I get home from work today (10/2), WOW! The fit is perfect, the gloves; Fahrenheit H2O, are very well made and will be perfect for my needs. Any online seller could take a lesson from Dennis, as this is the way to conduct your business. I'll be spreading the word about, and spending my $$ at http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/gear.php Thanks Dennis!:clap"

nostatic: "Yet another plug for Dennis. As it turns out I work about 4 blocks away from his location and already have some Rev'it gear. I need something for the upcoming frigid SoCal winter, so we went through a number of jackets trying to sort out fit. I'm tall and relatively thin so most jackets tend to be way too big through the waist/gut...or the sleeves are too short. We finally hit on the Off-Track being the right combination of features and fit. I wanted to go bright so yellow got ordered up along with some pants. The jacket showed up today and it'll get used on the ride home. Pants following soon. Oh, then some warmer gloves. And a second pair of boots might be nice. And...Suffice it to say that Dennis knows his stuff and I don't need to worry about where to find my gear. Now I just need to make more money..."

tracksuit hobo: "Due to a hectic work schedule, I end up buying tons of stuff online. Even after using size charts, reviews, and forums - It's still a guessing game. Dennis is located a couple miles south from my office, so I dropped by on my lunch hour. I was planning to get some XL Ultimate model pants on closeout. I tried on three different sets of pants, with/without the liners installed, and while sitting on the 690. I ended up with a completely different item (Dakar in Large) and size than what i would have ordered somewhere else online. It was great to get that kind of personalized fit and service, and his knowledge and applicable experience with the product line was very helpful. So far so good with the pants! "

thinkFuture: "Just ordered an Offtrack Jacket with KNOX back protector from Dennis. Before I did I pm'd him about a sizing question and was surprised to see that within an hour I had a response already - really great service! Thanks again, Dennis"

assfault: "I recieved my Rev'It brand Dakar pants today from Dennis @ Beach Moto. I had called late friday and after a quick discusion about my size and the color I wanted it was a done deal. Dennis said it was late and that it would go out on Monday. Well here it is on Tuesday, in my hands. Quite possibly the most trouble free phone purchase I have ever made. The fit seems spot on so I am going for a little afternoon ride to check out the feel and useability and hopefully not the protection. Thanks Dennis"

RichK: "I bought my Rev'it gear (Cayenne Jacket and pants) through Dennis a month or so ago. I can honestly tell you it has been one of the best purchase experiences I've ever had. The gear is incredible, no doubt about it. But what makes it even better is the store behind it. Dennis was great with me, as well as many I see here. He's on top of the product, the fitting, and does his best to make his customers happy. With his attitude, I fully expect to see him make it, even in the challenging times ahead. Let's help him when we can. Dennis - Thanks much, and keep up the great work!"

ghostryder: "Another positive experience!!! Asked a few questions, got straight answers....fast and the order arrived on time. Great doing business with you, and Ill be sure to call again when I need some gear. Thanks for the great service."

Glierly: "I was in contact with Dennis by email last Monday. After getting some requested information to him he had the recommended sizes back to me by late afternoon (CST). I received confirmation of my order that evening and shipment tracking number on Tuesday. The Cayenne Pro pants and jacket were delivered this past Friday. The gear is outstanding - I got to test it in 39 degree weather coming to work this morning. Great gear, great service - it just doesn't get much better than this...."

dstock: "A positive experience for me too! I'm local to Dennis and he was kind enough to wait after his normal shop hours last week, so I could come by and try on the Apache boots, which I ended up buying. Lots of great kit in his shop, in the immortal words of Arnold "I'll be back!" Thanks Dennis!"

Jeffy: "I just wanted to thank Dennis. I placed an order for some GT H2O's on Friday and it arrived today! I must say these are probably the best fitting gloves I've ever worn! Thanks again Dennis."

advbob: "I bought my stuff on site at Dennis' store and want you all to know that he, in spite of hobbling around on an injured foot, spent a lot of time making sure that I had the correct fitting items. Next step is to lose a few inches of waist so a matching pair of pants can fit me. I heard that regular riding helps in this regard. Well, hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving, and maybe see some of you at Dennis' store ..."

SAR GS Rider: "I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Dennis for opening his shop on New Years Eve afternoon so that I could try on and then purchase a pair of Apache H2O boots. Can't get better customer service. :thumb BTW, the boots are very comfortable."

highermath: "I just want to shout out that Dennis and his shop rock! First off, he has more Rev'It gear in stock than anyone. I don't think that you will find a better deal and you definitely won't find better service anywhere. Support your fellow Adventure Rider and buy something!:clap"

Day13: "Dennis guided me through the whole process of application, environment, priority requirements and of course, sizing. Cayenne Pro jacket and pants are on the way!! I had a tracking number 15 minutes after our conversation. Gear will be here Friday and I'll post up with eval after the weekend."

Braunry: "Dennis, Just wanted to say again(here on the board)how much I appreciate your prompt service and your advice while I decided on which gear to go with. I can honestly say that when it comes time to order again (street gear for the new Duc), I'll be doing so with Beach Moto!"

Guateadventure: "I place my order today on the Revit Off Road and Dakar pants , I most say that Dennis help was superb he walk me thru on my size and give me a real person to person advice something that you don’t see any more in today’s web Motorcycle gear business , thanks Dennis keep the good work and looking forward to get my shipment I let you know a soon I put my hands on ...Thanks !! :freaky"

Thank you guys (and girls) once again, you :super

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  4. mykrrrr

mykrrrr advenposeur

Oddometer:
    I haven't even purchased anything from Dennis (yet) and he's been super helpful on all my questions. :clap

Good luck w/the shop. :freaky
  5. bl00

bl00 Dude, what's mine say?

Oddometer:
    OK, I know you said to PM with questions, but then you'd never get bumped back to the top. I have an OffTrack jacket. What's the outer material made of and what weight? "Outer shell: heavy Polyamide, Polyamide, Airmesh"

The material specs for the Cayenne jacket are pretty specific, which makes the OffTrack specs looks purposely vague. I looked at the Rev'IT site and they show it as Kodra and Heavy Kodra. Does Kodra/Heavy Kodra have any available specs?

Also, your shop looks pretty good. Motoport's been open for at least 20 years and your showroom's already as big and well stocked as his. Wish you posted a week ago when I was out there. I would've come by.
  6. Wildabeast

Wildabeast Wide Open

Oddometer:
    Wow, awesome stuff.
  7. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh great, another drug dealer-Motorcycle clothes=addiction. :lol3

Hey, I'll be down that way end of this month. I'll try to stop by.
  8. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Good point about bumping, I need to stay on top :)

To answer your question, Kodra is the term used by REV'IT! to describe Cordura that is not made by DuPont. Kodra is equal to 500 denier Cordura and Heavy Kodra is the same as 750 denier Cordura. Hopefully this is the info you need, enjoy your Off Track jacket. You can always stop by if you're in LA again. Cheers,

Dennis

9. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    I'm not just a drug dealer, I'm drug user as well :)

D.

10. flygirl

flygirl n00bius maximus

Oddometer:
    I have a question... I've seen women's Rev'it Jade boots for sale online, but don't see them in your catalog. Do you know what the status of these is? Also, sizing?

Just tried on some Rev'it gear during a trip to Seattle, very impressive. Glad you carry the stuff, I'll likely be ordering some!:nod
  11. commo_soulja

commo_soulja Supa Thumpa Pilot

Oddometer:
    Excellent! I'll keep y'all in mind when my current Rev'it gear need replacing. Good Luck with the business!
  12. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Hi,

The reason you don't see them in my catalog is because they are 2007 model and everything I show is 2008. However, they are still available, sizes 36-42 (keep in mind that size 41 is sold out) I will PM you your special ADV price :)

Dennis

13. gkaan

gkaan Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer:
    i'm interested in the caynne pro jacket and pants but confused by the sizing chart as to what sizes to order. can you recomment the appropriate sizes? i'm 6'5" 235lbs with a 38" waist and 35" inseam.

thanks

14. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Well, for pants it looks like XL Long would be the right size for you, for the jacket I would recommend measuring your chest first, you don't want to have one that's too loose. Regards,

Dennis

15. Mucka

Mucka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Motodisiac

I am 6' 4" and looking for a jacket like the Olympia Bushwacker. I want the longer 3/4 style jacket that is mesh. I have a 50" chest.

I am also looking for mesh overpants for my wife. She wears size 16 in most jeans. She is about 5' 7".

Can you recommend which Rev'it products that would seem to fit our needs. Can you also give me a price quote? Feel free to PM this information.

Thanks

Russ
  16. flygirl

flygirl n00bius maximus

Oddometer:
    Dennis,

Thanks for the message. I have (yet another) question... What is the inseam length on the long W38 pants -looking at the Challenge and Marryl.

Thanks!
  17. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Looks like you are looking for Sirocco jacket. It has mesh front and back panels, however you can still use it as 4 season jacket since it comes with waterproof and thermal liner. Looks like size 4XL will be right for you. As far as mesh overpants for your other half, I would recommend Mistral pants. They could also be used as overpants if you order next size up. I would measure hips, waist and inseam to make you they fit just right. Of course they come in women's sizing. Cheers,

Dennis

18. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Working on pricing for you, will PM all the info shortly. Thanks :)

D.

19. XPatriot

XPatriot Charges have been dropped

Oddometer:
    Did I miss it somewhere- are you offering some kind of discount to all your friends here on ADVrider?

:huh
  20. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Question on the Dakar pants??

Are they designed as overpants,and do you find they true to size or do they run larger or smaller??

I'm one of those that always fall on the line between sizes :(: so it takes a bit of research to get sized right.