Bought me a Spot 2. When I activate what services should I buy? Discount Code?

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by lacofdfireman, Sep 28, 2013.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I got tired of waiting around for the Spot 3 and picked me up a Spot 2. I'm just wondering what services I need to purchase when I activate it. Are all of them necessary or are there ones you don't think are worth the price.

Basic service is $99
    Tracking service $49
    Geos Rescue $18
    Spot Assist $18
    Spot Replacement $18

Those are all the different services I believe that are available for the Spot 2. So which ones would I need. Riding a FJR so I am on the Road only.

Also anyone know of any current discount codes for the Spot?
  2. QSrider

QSrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Spot 2 also and I like it a lot... My wife even more so (she bought it for me because she worried when I'm riding alone).
    I have Basic service $99, Tracking service $49, Geos Rescue $18. The tracking is for my wife to be able to follow along when I'm gone. She sees that I'm still moving and she is reassured. I have Geos Rescue because I take mine on my dirt bike too and I go in the middle of nowhere in the West desert. We also take it when we go backpacking...
    I don't have Spot Assist because I have Allstate Roadhelp already and I'm happy with it. I don't need double coverage there.
    I don't have Spot replacement because when I shattered my Spot 1, I was happy to replace it with the Spot 2... I figured the day my Spot 2 hit the dirt, it will be time for an upgrade...

Hope this helps you make up your mind. I would say the Basic Service and Tracking are a must. But of course that is if you have somebody at home to watch your progress. Like I said earlier, my wife likes to know I'm still moving and my little girl thinks it's fun to check where daddy is. I also think you need tracking to post your adventure/trip on bike forums or blogs, but I have not use it that way, my wife just logs in to the account.

Sorry, can't help you with the coupons.

Eric.
  3. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer: