Where to meet riders?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mceee, Jun 24, 2014.

1. mceee

mceee Welcome to the dark side!

Oddometer:
    I have been racing motorcross, and enduro's my whole life, and it has alway's been easy to meet people to ride with because we are all at the track or finish line, and we all love to race. Well now that I own an adventure bike and live in S. Florida, I'm finding it really hard to find riders! It seems like nobody in my area rides adventure style bikes, and I have no idea where to even look. Where do you guys meet people to ride with? Understand that I live in Ft Myers Fla and there really aren't a bunch of bike shops around. I stopped in the local BMW shop and there were no flyers, or club info. Kinda lost at this point, hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    You are almost in the right place to ask. The next subsection down is for you flatlanders. Give a yell if you find yourself coming up into the hill country though!

In the mean time, check out Gold Coast Beemers. I think they are a fairly new club. I see they aren't the closest but I'll bet they can help direct you to folks closer to you.

At a last ditch effort you might ask at some local diners. Groups of us tend to like to eat and folks tend to notice a big group of bikes at breakfast.

Best of luck!
  3. mceee

mceee Welcome to the dark side!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mossy, I'll give it a try.