Adventures in South Flatistan Riding

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by FL Pepper, May 27, 2009.

1. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    So, I'm riding home from the Orlando area yesterday, taking an indirect route with side trips down some of my favorite roads in central Florida. All went well until about 4 pm. Somewhere between Lake Placid and Moore Haven all heck broke loose. Since I was on the 250, I was being buffeted by strong winds so when I decided that I couldn't go any further, I pulled off onto a dirt road at the side of US27. Since there was no shelter around, I just sat down on the side of the road with my back against a sign post and waited it out. I'm sitting there and this snake comes slithering though the grass, hangs a right at my boot and just keeps going. It circled back around me and twice went by me like it didn't even know I was there. I deciced to stand up after that.

[​IMG]

Eventually, it went about it's business, the weather cleared, and I went on my way. This picture doesn't do the wind justice.

[​IMG]
  2. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry The most suave of stooges

Oddometer:
    And it's probably going to rain again today! I have to take a ride up to Palm Beach so I will definitely be packing my rain gear. :cry
  3. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

60% today...:bluduh
    Nice snake adventure...:eek1 How was the rest of your trip??:lurk
  4. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    Ride up the state Friday was nice. Light rain but lots of wildlife. Sat and Sun rained alot. Monday was nice but I had to do family stuff so I couldn't get out for a ride. Saw lots of turkeys, hawks, sandhill cranes.
  5. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    glad you're still with us. you get another gold star for the day:
    [​IMG]
  6. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    :clap
  7. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

KEWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol3