Shenandoah 500 - 2013 Edition

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by VA Rider, Jul 29, 2013.

1. VA Rider

VA Rider New Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Online tickets sales for the 2013 edition of the Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport will go on sale Friday, August 16th at noon. The S500 event dates are October 5th & 6th and the ride begins at the Natural Chimneys campground in Mt Solon, VA.

Book your camp site directly with the folks at Natural Chimneys - tell them your with the Washington Area Trail Riders and part of the S500. http://www.co.augusta.va.us/index.aspx?page=616

Complete details to come.

It's going to be another great ride. Come and join us.
  2. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. Bowtie76

Bowtie76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in for another go around
  4. ptownjohnny

ptownjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    waiting for registration :D:happay
  5. VA Rider

VA Rider New Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Online Pre-Registration Opens Friday, August 16th

If you would like to be added to the Shenandoah 500 email list to receive event specific information, please send a request via email to: dualsport@watr.us

*** IMPORTANT *** - This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! First come, first served. No entries accepted after Friday, September 13, 2013 or when rider limit has been met, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!! This event will continue, rain or shine - no refunds will be granted.

If you plan on camping with us at the Natural Chimneys Park Campground and have not yet made reservations, please call them at 540-245-5727 to make your reservations ASAP. Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81.
    Physical Address - 94 Natural Chimneys Lane, Mt. Solon, VA 22843

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-245-5727 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner for Saturday and breakfast, lunch for Sunday.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3ZfjOR_kg

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@watr.us

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!
  6. DAAANG

DAAANG LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer:
    In!
  7. Bucho

Bucho DAMNrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Im strongly considering leaving my KTM at home. I could bring my sidecar and have my 5 yr old in the hack.
  8. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Well I just got another dual sport after 5 years. I haven't been in the dirt in 3 years and haven't done the Shenn 500 since 2004.

Soooo..........

I'm kinda on the fence about going this year.

I have a week to make up my mind I guess.

Ray
  9. DaddyGreenGenes

DaddyGreenGenes Delicious

Oddometer:
    Anybody know what the total to register is? A friend and I are definitely trying to attend...
  10. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tried using the e-mail above and it was sent back to me as "message delivery failure." I want to be sure that I am registered on the 16th. I am also still debating between taking the DRZ400 or the F800GS with fresh TKC's.
    :scratch
  11. ptownjohnny

ptownjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i sent a message through another site , asking about the same issue . they said they were having problems with server & they would see me in oct. [​IMG] i guess they plan on fixing by friday 16:huh
  12. b3h

b3h ol dog on a stray Supporter

Oddometer:
    Probably around 200
  13. truck6driver

Oddometer:

Are you asking the price or the number of bikes allowed to enter?

Ray
  14. DaddyGreenGenes

DaddyGreenGenes Delicious

Oddometer:
    looking for the price, truckdriver...
  15. truck6driver

Oddometer:
    Got an E Mail back.

$135 for both days.

Ray
  16. truck6driver