1. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    This seems like a very appropriate year to do this.

Twelve midnight rides for the year.

What: Midnight Ride
    When: KSU @ 12:am* on the 12th day of every month in 2012.
    Where: At least 120 miles one way from the start point. Start point may change for each ride. Destination will absolutely be different for each one.
    Who - ever wants to join.

We have had a few excellent rides of this nature in the past hosted by assorted FF's. Each of these 12 rides may be lead by a different individual. Speak up for a particular month if you have a route in mind or want to put one together.

Not everyones schedule is the same. Here are the days of the week that the 12th falls on for each month. If you can make any of these great. If not. :dunno, I am guessing you won't be there.

J - Thursday
    F - Sunday
    M - Monday
    A - Thursday
    M - Saturday
    J - Tuesday
    J - Thursday
    A - Sunday
    S - Wednesday
    O - Friday
    N - Monday
    D - Wednesday

* for clarity - this would be the 12:am between the 11th day and the 12th day

EZ Pass and full tank of gas are excellent things to bring to the start.
  2. rthuey

Oddometer:
    January start point will be at West 12th Street and 11th Avenue/West Street which is
    the closest i could get to a 12th Street and 12th Avenue here in Manhattan that i wanted to use as the first start point.
    It is not an establishment of any type that we could meet inside at. So plan on showing up between 11:30pm and a few minutes before Midnight.
  3. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    looks interesting roy. 12 different starting points in the tristate area?
  4. rthuey

Oddometer:
    12 hour warning. it looks like this one will be about 134 miles (one way) heading towards the woodstock site. to my knowledge this is a street ride.

what do you consider tristate? ny, pa and ct or north nj, central nj and southern nj? :D
  5. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd make it but my daughter is flying in at 11:45pm tonight.

I'd like to host a ride sometime this year (some twisties and dirt in the NNJ area).

Good idea Roy!!!
  6. sallydog

Oddometer:
    supposed to rain all night tomorrow. dont think im gonna make it :huh
  7. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
    I can't make it on this first one, but I hope this continues. Will make a few of these.
  8. rthuey

Oddometer:
    since when do you believe the weather whisperers? half suited already, will leave soon. hey i was actually thinking part of the tnjt for one of these. may or august maybe cause they are on the weekend?
  9. cyclejohn

cyclejohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just curious. How did it go last night (this morning)?
  10. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Don't know how it went last night but I can tell you that riding in this morning at 6am was a bitch.

Wind was pretty strong on the GWB and lots of water on the WSH.
  11. sallydog

Oddometer:
    i thought tonite was the night and the weather is clearing up
  12. rthuey

Oddometer:
    it went great john. it did in fact rain ALL night long. damn weather guessers were right. still all those that attended had a blast.
    note: camera clock is off by one hour. 11:40 and 2:40 would be the correct times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    route changed from initial one due to limited visibility on the PIP. dropped off on to 9W after the state line lookout with intent to head home on side roads. turns out the roads i chose took me west but farther north. came back on to PIP and gps said it was only 60 miles to woodstock. so i tried again and caught up to the edge of the heavy stuff a couple miles past the traffic circle that intersects 6, seven lakes road and the pip.
    [​IMG]
    turned back around and brought more side roads home. recall being in hillcrest, mount ivy and ramapo at some points or another using the likes of 306, 202 and 59.

returned the borrowed bike to its most excellent owner a little after 7. with breakfast and other breaks i would say there was about 5 hours in all in the saddle. i have been jonesing so bad for a long ride. that did not involve picking up the bike and myself constantly. i was :ricky the entire time. joe rocket ballistic series pants were great, bit of wet crotch due to seepage at seams of course, neos over shoes exceptional, field sheer jacket was just going to be there for protection in case of spill by the time i got to start point (steve said i can't call it a meeting point since no one else was there)because i was already throwing on the backup rain coat when i got there. which i think was a great choice for making me visible and kept me very dry. hippo hands along with some dirt gloves, a pair of patagonia liners and heated hand grips kept the fingers warm and toasty. the helmet well it was a helmet in the rain. should have rain x'd the shield. would have helped tremendously.

thought about stopping in for coffee john. yeah the GWB was for sure a handful.

umm the ride was like so 17 hours ago. original post even states "*for clarity - this would be the 12:am between the 11th day and the 12th day"
  13. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Should've stopped by, I stepped out of my house at midnight to pick up my daughter from Newark, got home around 2am.

WTF were you doing on a SM with that weather???? I had a hard time keeping the KLR front wheel straight. :D

If the weather was nicer (like this morning) you would've catched a glimpse of the Palisades crosdresser, he was out again this morning (pink corset) :huh He must come out on 50 deg days.

Guess the overshoes came in handy, thanks again for letting me borrow them!
  14. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

I didnt know the Gorton's Fisherman rode motorcycles. . . cool!

[​IMG]
  15. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:

Looks like Steve's DR, right?

I'd love to join you for a ride, but the middle of the night thing... ugh. Can we make the ride for 12 noon? :evil

First 50F sunny day I'll be skipping work and will give you a call!

Jesse
  16. cyclejohn

cyclejohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just checking, Roy. Are you on for February? If yes, where will you be starting?
  17. rthuey

Oddometer:
    Yes it is on. Still recovering from the original midnight ride that happened last weekend.

February start point will be at 12th Street and 7th Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. Home of the 12th Street Park Slope Deli.

At least here you could grab a cup of whatever or a bite of something before we leave, at Midnight.

To clarify for those that need it, sallydog, this is happening Saturday night the 11th into Sunday morning the 12th.
  18. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
    in, can't wait..
  19. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
    actually... with this be a pavement ride or other?
  20. sallydog

Oddometer:
    what is that???? a challenge or something? cause im not a hard core rider like you. i did miss about 10 riding days last year but 3 of those my bike was buried in snow. as for 2012, even though 1 bike is in my living room in pieces, i havent missed a day yet. :D i do hate Brooklyn but i miss seeing you on a bike even more.:evil