Auburn Classic Japanese Motorcycle Swap And Show

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by vtwin, Jun 1, 2014.

1. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi all! My club is once again hosting one of the largest Japanese Motorcycle Swap and Shows. Coming up in July 26th-27th. Admission is FREE! You can camp and stay overnight for a small fee and get a vendor spot for a small fee.

Photos to follow.
  2. RicH2

RicH2 Ric H2

Oddometer:

Alas !
    If I only knew were it's going to be held.
    :1drink
  3. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    The OP is from NorCal, and there is a town called Auburn up there, so I'm guessing its in Auburn, CA.

For those who don't know Auburn, there is a great little brewery there called the Auburn Ale House. They have a number of good brews, but my favorite is the Hop Snob IPA. The last time I was there, I bought a growler just so I could take some home with me. They also have awesome salmon tacos.

Sounds like a cool event. Might go check it out, since the 2.5 hour ride up Hwy 49 would add to the fun. I wonder if I could pad my Givi top box and stand the growler up in there...
  4. TroopThrowback

TroopThrowback Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I prefer the Gold Digger IPA, thanks for blabbing and making the line longer!

Just tie a cord round the neck of your growler and sling it over your shoulder. Get the barmaid to slap a seal on it before you leave.

Keep the Faith!
    Throwbacks MC
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=159697770713381
  5. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
  6. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Also There are Speedway races in Auburn on Friday Nights at the same fairgrounds the Bike show is in.

Google Fast Fridays to see whats up.
  7. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:

Sounds like you'll be headed down, then? :ear We could hit the show early in the morning and take a spin up SR-88 for lunch. :deal
  8. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Eiher that or load up the Strom and Bandit and do a quick run over to Billings for the 98th annual Hillclimb,its the same weekend Im pretty sure and barely out of the way to get there.:1drink
  9. Bigger Al

Oddometer:

:lol3
  10. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That weekend is the 25 lap main event at fast Fridays, and the Sacramento mile on Saturday night.

Thinking about heading up Friday for speedway (in truck with dual sport) speedway, DS ride sat morning, sac mile sat evening.......

Quite the perfect weekend.

What's it cost to camp at the gold country fairgrounds?
  11. Bigger Al

Oddometer:
    I'll see if I can find out if you can camp there over that weekend. If not, I can recommend some nearby places that will do the job.
  12. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    People keep telling me the Sac Mile is not happening this year,it sold many tickets last year and they had a great race. I gotta check into it.
  13. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was happening, then it was off the schedule, now it's back on the schedule. I'm thinking it may be the last time, the west coast mile tracks have pretty well dried up.
  14. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    I read that they have RV camping for $17, but it isn't clear if tent camping is allowed. Probably, but not positive.

For some reason, my anti-virus program here at work is blocking everything from Auburn, including the fairground website and Classic Japanese MC club website.
  15. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    :eyes
  16. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Cripes, They had Santa Rosa twice so far,its a great show,Sac Mile has been drawing a good crowd,Pomona's Half Mile does well. Ive heard the horse people dont like having bikes on their track at Sac.

I hope Sac is running races.
  17. vtwin

Oddometer:
    Ok, folks, I dropped the ball on this and still no pictures, I've exceeded my photobucket account and I'm too cheap to pay for it.:D Here's more info.

THS CJMC CLASSIC JAPANESE MOTORCYCLE SWAP AND SHOW in Auburn, CA IS:
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]JULY 26-27 2014[/FONT]
    Please pass the word around!
    Hope to see you all there!

19th “CLASSIC JAPANESE” MOTORCYCLE SWAP & SHOW
    GOLD COUNTRY FAIRGROUNDS, AUBURN, CA
    JULY 26-27, 2014
    (Pre-Registration Deadline June 30)

SWAP: July 26-27, Saturday and Sunday all day. Swap Spaces = $45 per space. NO ENTRY TO FAIR GROUNDS BEFORE 4:00 PM ON FRIDAY (new this year). Large grassy swap area. Fee will be collected from all swap participant, and please no doubling up on spaces. Only one vehicle/trailer combo per swap space. NO vehicle parking on lawn except to load and unload (trailers only OK.) Please heed directions from Swap Director and his crew when setting up, parking, and locating your swap site. JAPANESE MOTORCYCLE / PART VENDORS AND SWAPPERS ONLY. Vendors of other motorcycle related paraphernalia are welcome (glasses, clothing, tools, tires, manuals, art, books, etc.)

Camping Available $15 per night or RV Camping Spaces $25 per night.

BIKE CORRAL: will be centrally located. Fee=$15 per bike—coordinate with Swap Director for Tags. This is a great place for selling your bike with complete spectator visibility!
    SPEEDWAY RACES: July 25, Friday night, ‘FAST FRIDAY’ Class A races at the fairgrounds
    2014 SIGNATURE BIKE: HONDA INTERCEPTOR All Years up to 1989
    SHOW: Only Sunday, July 27, 8:30AM-3PM Show Participation, Bike show will be held in the Placer Building (new this year). Pre-Registration, by June 30. $20/first bike, $30/for two, and $5/for each additional During event registration = $25/first bike, $40/two bikes and $10/for each additional bike. Please try to pre-register! Show features Classic and Vintage Japanese Motorcycles.

BIKE CATEGORIES: HISTORIC: 1962 and older-All Bikes, VINTAGE: 1963-1969-Street Bikes, CLASSIC: 1970-1975-Street Bikes, CLASSIC: 76-89 Street Bikes, FUTURE CLASSICS: 1990 and newer street bikes, ENDURO: (2 classes) On/Off road, Dual Sport and Trail Bikes, street legal, SMALL BIKE: Street bikes 125cc or smaller, RACER: OFF ROAD, Manufactured or modified for dirt racing, Not Street Legal, RACER: ROAD, Manufactured or modified for pavement racing, Not Street Legal, CUSTOM: Customized Bikes all styles, BOBBER/CAFɒ RACER: To 1969 and , BOBBER/CAFɒ RACER: 1970-1989, SIGNATURE BIKE: Honda Interceptor all models to 1989.
    Entrants--Entry Forms Available: www.CJMC.org. Please have bikes ready at show area (Placer Building) before 8:30 AM to fill out paperwork for day-of registration and/or place bikes in display. Awards will be by People’s Choice. Presentation will begin around 2 PM. Show open to all participants with Japanese motorcycles—CJMC membership is not required, but encouraged. No limit on number of bikes entered in the show. Please enter ONLY YOUR BIKES. One thing the club asks is that you are proud of the bike you place on display, no matter what condition. Please—NO for-sale signs, ropes, bollards or trip-hazard items around or on bikes in or during show. Show management has ultimate say for vehicles on display.

SUNSET RIDE: July 26, Saturday, 5-7 PM, Sunset Ride into the Sierra foothills. Riders please have bikes gassed up and ready to go in the designated area at 4:40 PM for Pre-Ride Briefing-no exceptions. Ride starts at 5PM Sharp! Ride open to all bikes. Sunset rider awards at ride’s destination. All participants and operators of vehicles are fully responsible and liable for their actions! Return to fairgrounds will be approximately 6:30-700 PM.

LOCATION & INFO: Event located in beautiful Auburn, Gold Country Fairgrounds, 1273 High Street, Auburn, CA 95603, 530-823-4158. Follow Interstate 80 to Auburn, CA, take the Maple Street fairgrounds off ramp and go to the top of the hill to the lighted intersection at Lincoln Way and Auburn Folsom Road. Go straight through the intersection South onto Auburn Folsom Road. Follow past two stoplights and turn left at the rear fair entrance at the 7-11 store.

SWAP COORDINATOR & SITE HOST: Chal DeCecco Cell 530-559-0350 CHAL@...-Sat & Sun
    SHOW COORDINATOR: Allen Siekman Cell 831-566-3381 ALLEN@... Show SUNDAY only
  18. vtwin

Oddometer:
  19. LetItRoll

LetItRoll ForwardAholic

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if/what it costs to spectate Sunday?, I will be leaving Tahoe Sunday morn/noon and may try to get down there around 1 or 2pm for some last minute viewing before they pack it up.
    thanks
  20. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can I play too?