BMW Hucky

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by justJeff, Sep 20, 2009.

1. justJeff

justJeff Banned

Oddometer:
    Wow, I sent Hans an email because I couldn't figure out for sure which choke arms I needed for my carbs. I sent the message yesterday, figuring it would be early next week before I heard back. I received a reply really quickly giving me the part numbers I needed, and suggesting new stainless mounting hardware for the parts, along with prices and part numbers.

Pretty outstanding customer service from an obviously knowledgeable fellow.:thumbup:thumbup
  2. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    Yuppers, had nothing but excellent service from him and parts get here fast even though he's across the country from here.
  3. bpeckm

bpeckm Grin!

Oddometer:
    I am one of a privileged very few who can actually call him and drop by, and pick up my parts... and I can assure you that he is the real thing.... He has raced, ridden and 'renched BMW's since he was kinder in the old country. He knows his stuff, off the top of his head, on the /2 generation as well as all airheads up through the /7's.

He has been extremely helpful to me when I come in wondering about how this and that goes together, and again he can explain it to me and give me tips on how to best accomplish the solution.

He owns and rides a white 75/7 and an R90S.

Can't say enough good things about the man, the knowledge, and the service that he provides, in a very quiet way. :thumb And I like to hear that others find him the same way, and give him their business :D
  4. justJeff

justJeff Banned

Oddometer:
    Mista Vern, that is good to know about getting parts quickly since we're in the same general part of the country. I am down your way quite often as my folks live in McMinnville. I would enjoy the chance to buy you a beverage next time I'm down that way. When I have the /5 sorted out I'll be riding it down, taking the long way on Hwy 14 through the Gorge, over towards St. Helens on 30, and then the back way in through Carlton and such.

bpeckm, you are fortunate to have Hucky's so close by. I will certainly get everything I can from him.
  5. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ditto what bpeckm said. I live slightly over 70 miles from Hans, but rode down there recently to pick up some stuff I really needed over that weekend. Super guy! He let me pick his brain on a couple of different topics while I was there. :thumb
  6. rufusswan

rufusswan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Sounds nice to live nearby, but since most don't, let me say how much we appreciate having him available via interwebs. Got nothing but kudos for Hans.
  7. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Let me get in line with a big thumbs-up for Hans Lowe. :thumbup

I've been doing business with him for nearly 10 years and the service has always been exemplary. I've run into him 2-3 times at local BMW rallies, and his travelling sideshow was a wonder to observe. I've been like a kid is a candy store...
  8. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    Sounds great - drop me a PM whenever you are gonna be in the area! Had an absolutely fabulous ride today up Carlton way and through the vineyards. :D
  9. Oddbawl

Oddbawl Born Ok the first time.

Oddometer:
    Great service to Canada too.
  10. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    It's pretty easy to be a nice guy when things are going good.
    When there is a problem you find out what the bottom line is.
  11. dilandau

dilandau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i found his website via google and ordered a bunch of stuff from him this last week - very fast communication, and takes paypal, so its easy. for those who don't know:

www.bmwhucky.com

i didn't do any research before i ordered, so im happy to have seen this post - looks like i lucked into it.
  12. justJeff

justJeff Banned

Oddometer:
    Was that meant to be cryptic? If you've had a problem, spill it out. It sounds like everyone has had overwhelmingly good experiences.
  13. daveoneshot

daveoneshot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here we are again and I need to remind everybody about Hans Lowe , aka. " Hucky's BMW Parts ". Call this guy up
    and it's like talking to someone at the Factory, your own personal connection who knows many things Airhead.
  14. rusty44

rusty44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HUCKY takes Paypal?.....Al
  15. pkboxer

pkboxer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rusty - look at the date for that post.....

He stopped taking paypal a year or so ago.
  16. bmwhacker

bmwhacker Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer:
    I've been a customer of his for years. Buying a LOT of parts from him. My heart sunk when he quit taking Pay Pal.
    I got in a "Pickle" a few weeks back. Needed a timing chain replacement for my R100S engine and a local San Diego supplier sent me the wrong parts.....4 days before our plannned departure for a 1500 mile trip.
    After making it clear that this was a one time deal....Hans boxed up the parts I needed on Monday, his usual day off, took them to Fed Ex for an Overnight Express shipment and took my payment via Pay Pal...now if that isn't service, what is?:clap
    He will be my one and only BMW parts guy from now on !:bow
  17. RotorBrake

RotorBrake "Fun Club" President

Oddometer:
    I bought almost 90% of all my rebuild parts from Hans. Always quick and expeditious.
  18. rusty44

rusty44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'M an Idiot !!!!!! ....al
  19. daveoneshot

daveoneshot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hucky's BMW Parts has a 10 % discount ALL the time. And if you are outside Florida, no tax. Hans Lowe is the man.
  20. isdt BMW

isdt BMW willserv@aol.com

Oddometer:
    Ran into Hans many years ago during bike week, as with everyone else all has been excellant dealing with him. He even gave me a great discount on an exhaust for my conversion that had a chrome flaw. He is a great guy and is prompt too.