LEDRider - Quality LED aux lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JustinP, Oct 13, 2013.

1. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Current Special: Clearance deals here

Thanks for visiting our vendor post :). LEDRider has been providing quality LED lighting for over 2.5 years now. More importantly, we've strived to provide our customers with amazing customer service, and our track record has been a great success. With our no BS warranties and awesome customer service, you'll never be left hanging as a LEDRider customer :).

Below you'll find a preview of our most popular products, to meet the needs of any rider. Please visit our website for complete details - and feel free to email us with any questions at sales <at> ledrider <dot> com, or send a private message here.

** Use Discount Code "ADV15" to save 15% off your light order! **

LD35 Spot:

http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LD35

The LD35 lights couples a Cree XHP70 emitter with a large custom engineered reflector to provide long distance lighting, from a lamp that is only 3.25 inches in diameter and draws a mere 25 watts! The main beam is 15 degrees, with a good secondary pattern to light up the sides of the road. The Cree XHP70 chip in the LD35 peaks at 5000 Kelvin, in the mid-day spectrum, to provide natural light which your eyes see best with, for greater night time definition. Each light also comes with a free wide angle driving pattern lens filter for increased versatility.

Price: LD35 is $200/pair before ADV15 coupon code!

Product Specifications
    Model: LD35
    Cree XHP 70
    2500 Lumens
    2 Amps @ 12.5 Volt DC (~25 watts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEW Model LX5 High Output 5000 Lumen 3.6 Inch Light:

http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LX5

The LX5 is part of the Extreme Series - massive punch in a compact package.

The LX5 uses 5 Cree XM-L2 emitters to deliver an amazing 5000 Lumens from a package that measures only 3.6 inches diameter. Combining raw output and custom spot pattern reflectors, the LR5 throws a tight beam far down the road, while providing a good amount of secondary flood spill. This light is a great do it all option that really lights up the night. The LX5 throws usable light over 1000 feet, and turns night into day!

Price: LX5 is $300/pair before ADV15 coupon code!

Product Specifications
    Model: LX5
    5x Cree XM-L2 LEDs
    5000 Lumens
    4 Amps @ 12.5 Volt DC (~50 watts)

Available in silver/black as shown and solid black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LD5 Long Distance 4.75 Inch Light

http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LD5

The LD5 couples 6 Cree XM-L2 emitters with custom reflectors to deliver amazing performance from a light that measures in at 4.75 inches diameter. The LD5 puts out high definition light in the 5000 Kelvin daylight range, which is what the human eye is used to. By utilizing large custom reflectors, the LD5 throws light far and wide while only using about 60 watts each. A pair of LD5's throw usable light out past 1500 feet. We designed this light around the constraints of common motorcycles to deliver the best throw for your available watts and dollars!

Free filter covers that convert two reflectors to wide driving beam included!

Price: LD5 is $270/pair before ADV15 coupon code!

Product Specifications
    Model: LD5
    6x Cree XM-L2 LEDs
    6000 Lumens
    4.8 Amps @ 12.5 Volt DC (~60 watts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The LR35/LR40 Series:

http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR3540

The LR35/LR40 series of lights are the next generation of high quality multi-emitter aux lighting in our line up. These lights are built to extreme standards and feature state of the art designs. From their massive cooling fins that allow massive output, to custom engineered 3D optics for a focused beam, everything about these lights was designed to perform to the highest levels. The LR35 uses 7 Cree XT-E chips to deliver 3640 Lumens, while the LR40 uses 4 Cree XM-L2 chips for a staggering 4160 Lumens, both from a ~3 inch package! These lights offer great range and width, as the 3D optics provide a tight 10 degree center beam, with a wide angle secondary pattern.

Price: LR35 is $200/pair and LR40 is $210/pair before ADV15 coupon code

Product Specifications
    Model: LR35
    7x Cree XT-E LEDs
    3640 Lumens
    2.6 Amps @ 12 Volt DC (~31 watts)

Model: LR40
    4x Cree XM-L2 LEDs
    4160 Lumens
    3.0 Amps @ 12 Volt DC (~36 watts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, our original, and very popular, LR4 light that delivers tons of punch from a small package (2.15 inches diameter)

LR4 features listed below:

4x Cree XML U2 LEDs
    Custom Engineered Mirrored Reflector for a Focused Beam
    3500+ Lumens
    2.2 Amps @ 12v
    12-36 Volts DC Input
    Thermal Protection
    Heavy duty mounting hardware is included at no cost. These lights are well built, with an extremely solid feel; and amazing performance.

Order Link: http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR4

Side View:

[​IMG]

Front View:

[​IMG]

Front view mounted on Super Tenere

[​IMG]

Mounted on FJR with WynPro brackets:

[​IMG]

Any questions, please post or PM. Special coupon code for ADVRider Forum members is "ADV15" - you can order using the store URLs above. (Note: The discount is only valid on LEDRider products).
  2. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just bought a pair of these from Justin. I was very impressed with the feel and quality look of these lights right off the bat. The mount they come with is beefier than what I've seen on other brands. As a bonus, you cannot beat the price either.

I'll get around to installing them this week hopefully, will report back.
  3. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:

Thanks for your business! Looking forward to seeing your install :)
  4. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    FYI Folks - We're back in stock on the LR4's. Had a few inmates waiting to order, but were out of stock on the LR4's

Here's some shot's I was able to grab the other night. Bike is on center stand. The fence is @150 feet from bike. Farthest tree in the background is between 400-500 feet. Crappy camera, non scientific 3 foot per pace measuring, for comparative purposes only. Still working on getting some more "professional" photos. The limited exposure on my camera just doesn't capture enough light for an accurate representation.

Stock FJR Low Beam (55 watt halogen)

[​IMG]

Stock FJR High Beam (65 watt halogen)

[​IMG]

FJR Low Beam + 2 LR4 Floods

[​IMG]

Remember to use ADV10 coupon code for 10% off :deal
  5. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Here's some pictures showing the real world performance of a pair of LR4 Quad Cree XM-L U2 flood lights at 1000 feet. Compared to similar quad Cree XML lights, the LR4 has less light scatter and close in glare, and more range. The reflector design throws a beam like that of a high end flood flashlight; tight beam in the middle for range, with a secondary flood beam for a wide field of view.

Bike was in turnout on right side of road on center stand. Camera was on tripod on the left side of road. 1st tree is at 750 feet, second tree is at 1000 feet. Bike GPS was reset at the farthest tree out and ridden back and turned around where we took the pictures: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...ACnc/pfYmP4xFgpA/s912/IMG_20131102_235944.jpg

Note: you can click on the pictures on drop box to zoom in to full size.

First shot is stock FJR (H4) low beams with +80 Halogens:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u9bfo4i5q9ohd6/1low.jpg

This is stock FJR (H4) highbeams, +80% halogens:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkdv8k420lwq46d/2high.jpg

This is low beams plus 2 LR4 floods:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/55exx1h6o4fhgc9/3LR4.jpg

In other news, WynPro has designed let brackets for the Gen2 FJR, more info here: http://ledrider.com/lr4-light-brackets-for-the-gen2-fjr/

LR4 installed on FJR with WynPro Brackets:

[​IMG]

We are also working on developing a quality, low cost, rotary dimmer that can be used with our LED lights (and just about any other LED that does not have it's own built in dimming circuitry). We opted for the rotary design as it's simple, and does not require the use of a RF dongle that can be lost or have a dead battery. There will be a high beam over-ride on the dimmed setting. At first it will be available in a single 7 amp channel. Once we are happy with the results, we'll expand to a dual channel as well, with independent over-rides, to control multiple lights with there own settings (for example, you could set your left light to 0% with low beams, and your right to 20% - or control multiple sets of lights). We'll post up more details as they become available.

As always, coupon code ADV10 is good for 10% off for inmates :)
  6. Chuck35

Chuck35 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed a pair of LR4's and mini's on my FJR this weekend. They are managed by a Skene controller. These things are awesome! You could land aircraft with them. Justin was great to deal with and even shipped before he was paid when my money ended up in a Paypal loop.
    Caution advised when aiming and setting up power levels. These things can be hazardous to other drivers. :flip
  7. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any progress on the dimmer?

:clap
  8. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    It's moving along. I should have prototypes within two weeks. Once I sign off on the design, will be another week or two for the first shipment to come.
  9. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    It took me a while to get to them, but I finally did the install. It was a very simple process. I am powering them through a relay that uses the high beam as its 12V switched power source. Luckily the V-strom has plenty of room for extra wiring, so you can barely it's there.

First impression is that they are super bright, even during the day. I still need to try them out in the dark, and get them aimed correctly.

[​IMG]

Low beam on:

[​IMG]

High beam:

[​IMG]
  10. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the install pics. I think you may find them too bright at night mounted low on your forks and move them up higher, due to the road glare.
  11. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Happy and Safe Holidays from LEDRider to the ADVrider community :). To show our appreciation we have some good news and some holiday specials :clap.

First, the good news: We've bumped our permanent ADV discount code to 15% for the ADVRider community! Use ADV15 when ordering any product from our site.

Holiday Special: Holiday special is wrapped up :)
  12. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Folks - pulling the plug on this sale tomorrow. Last chance to get in on this amazing pricing. :)
  13. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the discount - order just placed.
  14. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your business. :)

Apparently everyone else waited till the last day too, I'm going to have a busy day :lol3.
  15. speedbird

speedbird n00b

Oddometer:
    Ordered just now to take advantage of the holiday special. Thank you. Cheers.
  16. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    You sneaked in after the official close, but we've got you covered . This was the busiest day so far. Thanks ADV folks - We look forward to your feedback :)
  17. Dead Stiff

Dead Stiff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any updates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  18. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Yes! Thanks for asking, just got the dimmer prototypes today. I snapped a few quick pictures below. I am very happy with the design so far. The cases are 2 inches square, with a big glove friendly knob. Red/Black wires on the right are +/- 12v input. On the left, Red/Black is output to the lights, Blue is a trigger wire that bypasses dimming function when ~12v is applied (from stock highbeam wire etc). The knob has a full "off" position, so no switch is needed (i.e. totally off, bypass does not turn on lights). The lights are also fully off when the dial is at the lowest position, so they will only come on when power is applied to the blue wire; and they are fully adjustable from 0-100% with the dial.

Just a few more tweaks, and we'll be going into production for the first run. If you have any feedback and thoughts, please speak up and let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread, did I miss the holiday special?

20. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Technically, yes. But since I didn't edit the thread title to remove the holiday special bit (which I now did), I'll let you in on the deal. The special was a pair of LR4 lights for $130. If you'd like to take advantage of that, send me a PM and I'll send a link for you to use for the purchase. :)