Gasoline in Mongolia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Dirty POG, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Dirty POG

Dirty POG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since my Google search only yielded some rubbish about petroleum opportunities for companies, I have a quick question for the asylum: How frequently and what quality of gasoline can I find in Mongolia? I ask because I'm wondering if its worth switching out my exhaust to run unleaded gasoline.
  2. artnet

artnet i'm a motorcyclist

Oddometer:

all i have an information about mongolia gasoline "Polni Bak"
    In Mongolia you'll find 80 octane fuel in almost all small settlements. In towns you'll find 93 octane.

and when some Australians did it recently in 4WDs from mongolia there was only 1 fuel stop in between Yakutsk and Magadan (2000km)

the alternative Once got poor quality gas at mongolia, Use extra backup plastic container... so when the gas get poor it will come in handy

cheers,
  3. scottw

scottw Steppe Rider

Oddometer:
    Moat of the fuel in Mongolia is leaded, from Russia. That said many travelers have been through on many types of modern bikes and many kinds of modern 4wd vehicles and no one has reported any real trouble.

As artnet says, in the countryside it's 80 octane and in the cities and some larger towns you can get 93.

For the best info on riding in Mongolia check out the Northern Asia Forum on Horizons Unlimited.

Scott