Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainedChimp

TrainedChimp Consistently wrong

Oddometer:
    Much easier than trying read that wiggly Twinmax needle!

Nice and easy to get 000 reading at idle (my bike varies between 000 and 003 while riding).
    Grok likes this.
  2. SPEEDSMITH

SPEEDSMITH Sh!t Disturber

Oddometer:
    Hi there,
    I'm really tempted to buy this, but, I really need the 4 cylinder model as well.
    (I'm a motorcycle tech, (and tool junkie).:evil

Will you give a discount to those who have already purchased the twin cylinder model?
    Any more news on when the 4 cylinder one will be available?

Thanks,
  3. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    The end of this year is still my target for the 4-cylinder version. There is always some variability in development schedules. Especially in this case because a manufacturer is building a custom 4-channel sensor for me.

The first batch of 4-cylinder units will be sold at a discounted introductory price.

Thanks for the inquiry!
  4. Jedi223

Jedi223 1150GS

Oddometer:
    The Harmonizer arrived yesterday.
    Incredibly fast shipping to the Netherlands(10 days or so).

Great job on the device, love the backlit screen and it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
    Going to try it out next weekend.

Keep up the good work! :clap

Attached Files:

5. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    Will this work on my r60, how does the tach work..
  6. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy,
    Honestly I'm not sure if it will work on the R60. The Harmonizer measures the difference in intake vacuum. Some early airheads didn't have vacuum nipples anywhere between the head and the throttle slide or butterfly. If the bike doesn't have vacuum nipples, it won't work without adding them.

The tach works by measuring the frequency of the vacuum pulses to calculate RPM.

Thanks for the inquiry!
  7. Stub deToe

Stub deToe Bill Hooykaas

Oddometer:
    Came in today, no customs or added taxes, took about a week to get here. Looks nice will try tomorrow.

Bill in Toronto area
  8. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes sir. I think you will find it very east to operate. Don't hesitate to ask if there are any questions!
  9. mr_magicfingers

mr_magicfingers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, just found this via UKGSer and have ordered after reading Steptoe's glowing testimonial.

I've only just started doing this job myself and built a basic manometer which I was very pleased with, given the results I got. However, it's not a particularly convenient thing to keep/store and I think the harmoniser will be a good step up as I learn to do this properly.

Look forward to receiving it and playing.

Oh yeah, new tools :clap
  10. JayElDee

JayElDee not saying what I mean Supporter

Oddometer:
    tempting... All reference is to a 2004 bmw r1150r.

I am using my homemade 6' manometer w automatic tranny fluid. Very sensitive, but takes a little while to do well and with the heat buildup the vacuum tubes can try to collapse. They can succeed.

I would be interested to hear from people who formerly used a homemade manometer. Is the Harmonizer as sensitive to get right on? Does it make life easier?

This device does not eliminate the need for cable high speed adjustment, does it?

How does one adjust on the road, or do you only get a reading on the road?

Sorry for the noob questions, but with the fluid manometer, obviously you cannot ride with it, and the routine was idle adjustment with BBAS and then high speed adj with the cable adj.

Thanks for any insight.

John
  11. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Harmonizer resolves to 1 millibar. That is roughly equal to 0.4 inch difference on a homemade manometer. I think you will agree that it's very difficult to get the balance closer than that with a liquid manometer. Even if it were possible, you would not be able to tell any difference in the way the motor performed.

The Harmonizer does not eliminate the need for higher-rpm cable adjustments. For your oilhead the routine would remain the same. Adjust the air screws for idle balance and idle speed, then perform a higher RPM balance by cable adjustment.

Although it is possible to obtain readings while under power, I can't recommend using the Harmonizer while underway due to potential safety/liability reasons. But nobody listens to me :dunno
  12. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    :wave I have gone from using a water-filled manometer setup to the Harmonizer. I like the new tool better. It resolves pretty damn well, and shows similar small reactions when I nudge a BBS or throttle stop as do the water tubes. A BIG benefit is that I don't have to deal with water sucked into the engine through the tubes when I start up and get a lopsided intake stroke. I made up my water tubes after junking the execrable TwinMax, but think I'll be pretty happy with the Harmonizer.
  13. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    The On The Road™®© adjustment is only going to be REALLY useful and noticeable AFTER all of the other maintenance items are tweaked. So if you NAIL the valves, and the rocker end play, and the TPS setting, and have really good cables that activate the TBS the same for both cylinders, THEN that last bit of TB On The Road™®© tweaking can offer that last bit of, AAAAAAHHHHHH performance.

Of course if you go ahead and try the On The Road™®© adjustment and you don't notice much if any improvement then you'll know to look elsewhere. :wink:

JJ :evil
    ps if you want a bit more insight into how and what the On The Road™®© adjustment is all about download TBSD (in the Hall of Wisdom) and dive into the deep end of that pool.
  14. Skinny Moose

Skinny Moose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine today...looking foreward to trying it out.
  15. Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet Go to ludicrous speed!

Oddometer:
    Just ordered, looking forward to doing a better job than my old manometer. Thanks much.
  16. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    So I ran an On The Road Test ©®™ today while on the freeway.
    The unit ran flawlessly and I only saw 3mbar maximum deviation no matter what speed or throttle setting I used.

:thumb
    :thumb

JJ
  17. MotrSklz

MotrSklz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Order Placed! :clap Looking forward to putting this little unit to work.
  18. Dark Helmet

Oddometer:
    Grok, ordered it Friday, got here today (Monday). What took so long?

Kidding of course. fired up the bike and couldn't believe how easy it was to use to adjust. Much much more accurate and easy compared to my manometer.

One question. While off idle I got it to center easily (was only off 15 milibar to begin with so the manometer wasn't terrible) I notice at idle the centering line is way off to the right. Is that normal? If not, have any ideas on whats up?

Thanks for a great product and excellent service so far.
  19. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Technically a 1200GS should be within +/- 25mbar at idle when at full operating temperature.

How far off is it?
  20. Dark Helmet

Oddometer:
    Don't recall the exact number, but the bar was within 1/4 to 3/6 inch or so of right hand edge of display. When I gave it gas it pulled it in to the center. Seemed odd to me but figured I would rather have it out at idle than at speed. Not sure what it can be. Only have 20k miles on it. Just ran some sea foam through it to clean out fuel system. Runs fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.