F800GS steering dampener

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by pInniT, Dec 14, 2008.

1. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, just a quik 1 to show something i seen the other day wen i was out and about, actually it was the 2nd steering damper i spotted on a F800, i spoke to the bloke and he gave me a contact of the company on the central coast NSW, the owner of the bike was extremly impressed!!! he said the only problem was he is riding alot faster on any dirt roads or bush tracks because of his boost in confidence with the dampener on!!!!
    The only thing i could do...... was to contact them and order 1 asap!!!!
    Call them on 02 4374 1655 or email designmsc@bigpond.com

Im prity new to this and havin a bit of trouble getn the pic of the steering dampener up but i will keep tryin!!!!:huh
    [​IMG]
    http://photobucket.com/tappat48
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Since it's F800GS specific, I've moved this to Beasts.

You cannot upload pics as an attachment, you must load them on an external photo hosting site and then link them to your report. There's a tutorial on it in the Ask Baldy forum at the very top, How to post an image, post # 1 :thumb
  3. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate! as i said im very new to this:D I'll giv that a go!!!
    Cheers
  4. Roonie

Roonie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure why you would need a sterring damper for the 800. What advantages would it give you over stock specifically?
  5. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had steering dampeners on my road and mx bikes for years and wont have a mx or road bike without 1 and i always here that question what do they do and my bike doesnt head shake! what i find is they help alot to keep the bike trakin staight wen u hit something you dont c like a tree root or a rock pot hole etc. the big advantage i can c and wat otha riders tell that have 1 on adventure bikes is wen u r all loaded up on a big trip through the aussie desert the dampener stops the front wheel from weaving which ends up a nasty headshake:eek1 it happen 2 me on my 1st trip into sandy traks in western nsw and believe me the bike gets pritty untidy a high speeds with the back end weighed down leavin not much weight over the front wheel and since the forks arnt real adjustable and the shock is limited im sure it will help alot:wink:
    The 2 i hav seen on F800's the riders didnt stop ravin about it claimin it is the best thing they have put on the bike!!
    I think i got this pic thing sorted hopefully it will work:huh
  6. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    I am counting the days until a put a stabilizer on my 800. It's a handful off road.

Why have one and what are the advantages? Nothing if you've never run one I guess.
    The best explanation I can give would be something lame like, "it really lets you concentrate on riding the bike, not fighting w/ it".

I've contacted Scotts and BRP in hopes they'll snatch up my bike and get going on something.
    I'll post here as soon as something happens.
  7. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    u should shoot an email off 2 oz and get them to send u some pics of wat they make, its branded ralle-moto, the $ in oz is stuffed 65c to 1USD so u could buy well down under i guess with all kinds of oz made bits like staintune exhaust i got 1 of those its great and looks fantastic!:wink:
  8. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if Ohlins or WP are working on steering dampers for the new F650GS and F800GS?
  9. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    here is can't pinnit's picture:evil
    [​IMG]

I think this would be a great improvement to the f800gs as well ....F800s & st have a plunger type stock

Any pricing? Look like new cables/hoses might be in order with the size of the bar risers
  10. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    took a look at my bike. Those Bar clamps arent as high as I thought. just very beefy:clap
  11. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    get my steering damper today!! :clap i'll let u no how it goes!!
    btw thanks for posting those pics mate!!
  12. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    How much$$$
  13. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    about $850 i got some other stuff aswell. but if ur in the states thats about 40% less so!! AUD was 65c today!!
  14. RunningBare

RunningBare Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    also if your from o'seas, less 10% GST
  15. robhar54

robhar54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping I can someday afford one of these from Emig Racing....

Here's the Xchallenge version:

[​IMG]

Yum.

To go along with the fully adjustable forks I'll pick up from...well, somewhere.

A guy can dream, eh?

Rob in Seattle
  16. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my steering dampener for my F8 the other day!!! its called Ralle-Moto this is the trickest thing i hav eva put on a bike its all black & very sexy:wink:
    wats beta is how good it works i went riding out west on the weekend and got real lost because i was so happy i didnt want to stop.
    I didnt hav any probs fittin it either the instructions were spot on!! I cant beleive how much beta the bikes feels on ruff surfaces, no more white knuckles from hanging on to tight!!!
  17. guzzimike

guzzimike Long timer

Oddometer:

Where did you get it pInni? How much?
  18. pInniT

pInniT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got it from MSC Products Australia it was AUD 879 and so far is worth every cent!!!

They make it but are selling as a new brand Ralle-Moto to be aimed directly at adventure guys, it looks heaps better than the 1 in the pic i put up the other day, when i get my camra bak i will post some pics

they dont hav a web page its under construction or something so just e-mail or call them, heaps quicker!!!!

BTW the only mod i had to do was make the 2 side holes that hold the front cover a tiny bit longer!!! 2 easy.
  19. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any new infromation on GS 800 dampeners. Has any one in the states installed one on their bike ???
  20. Trout

Trout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few weeks ago I spoke to Emig - all he needs are pictures to make one.

When I spoke to Scotts they said they had no plans on making a kit for the F800GS and were scaling back R&D for new kits due to the economic slow down. It was suggested to me by the person I spoke to at Scotts that an outpouring of demand (calls, emails) might get them to produce a kit for the F800GS.

I'm waiting for my bike to arrive and have not looked into this any further.