North West CT Tag-o-roma "half court tag"

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Desmolitonman, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Desmolitonman

Desmolitonman Projectile

Oddometer:
    NW CT Tag-O-Roma. The lightning round.
    After talking to a few local riders in the north west it seems like there is room for another game of Tag-O-Roma. Think of it as miniature golf or a game of half court what-ever
    It’s intended to turn a little faster than regular tag-o-rama and the rules have been altered slightly for that reason. Please read them carefully.
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located.Make the clues clear and easiiy understood. o Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road. o Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>[/font]
    3. The first person to post a found tag and a new tag wins that round. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose. If you get only the tag but don&#8217;t post a new one right away someone else may do so and steal your glory. So have your new tag ready to go.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags must be in CT. and stay west of I 91 and North of I 84.
    6. No whining <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=Picture_x0020_1 style="VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 18.75pt; HEIGHT: 18.75pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/nono.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1029"><v:imagedata o:title="nono" src="file:///C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_2 style="VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/lol8.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1028"> <v:imagedata o:title="lol8" src="file:///C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
    7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_3 style="VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 29.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/yelrotflmao.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1027"> <v:imagedata o:title="yelrotflmao" src="file:///C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Finally,

If you wanna play, you gotta rideGO GIT'EM<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_5 style="VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 22.5pt; HEIGHT: 18pt; mso-wrap-style: square" alt="http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/ricky.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"> <v:imagedata o:title="ricky" src="file:///C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

<o:p></o:p>
  2. Desmolitonman

Desmolitonman Projectile

Oddometer:
    Good luck folks. Play nice but play hard. Have fun and ride safe.
    D

Attached Files:

3. ChrisRiedinger

ChrisRiedinger Specialized

Oddometer:
    Oh man! 4 ish tags I'm now going to trying for this weekend! Awesome!
  4. CTyankee

CTyankee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got tomorrow off. Do I want to head northwest or southeast?

Think I'll flip a coin when I get up.
  5. Desmolitonman

Desmolitonman Projectile

Oddometer:
    What a great problem to have. Right?

Have a good ride Get em both.
    D
  6. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF

Oddometer:
    Here are the rules

Reposted to be more easily read
  7. ChrisRiedinger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

go it

ill post another tag this evening
  8. madrivermaz

madrivermaz Old Fart

Oddometer:
    did you all know that across the street from that place, a guy named John Fitch (a semi-famous 24 Hours LeMans driver had a contract with Chevrolet to modify the now defunct Corvair into high-performance street machine by special order from Chevy dealers, but that is not what he is most famous for. John Fitch is the guy responsible for designing those big yellow, sand-filed, plastic barrels you see in front of bridge abuttments and on highways throughout the US. He did it because his co-driver was killed hitting a bridge abuttment in one of the races.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fitch_(driver)

Neat ey?
  9. itb73

itb73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If I am not mistaken that crash was in 1955 and was the deadliest in motorsports. It killed 88 spectators. I had the honor of watching him drive around the paddock at Lime Rock in his "Phoenix" sports car.
  10. ChrisRiedinger

Oddometer:
    I got the bike dirty later that day..

I thought the tag was in Canaan so I rode around for a while until someone told me the place I was looking for was in falls village. :doh:

[​IMG]

This is probably a giveaway for most of you.. if not I'll post a hint by tomorrow night.
  11. madrivermaz

madrivermaz Old Fart

Oddometer:
    It is! and if it weren't so friggin cold, I go get it right now, but my son took my riding jacket to work and I'm old and I'm lazy and I just had Easter dinner and I want to sleep and my wife is bugging me about being on the p/c and she thinks I'm nuts and....and.....
  12. GOT DIRT?

GOT DIRT? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somebody go get this. I don't feel like moving right now.
  13. ChrisRiedinger

Oddometer:
    If someone doesn't have this by tomorrow night, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. :cry
  14. madrivermaz

madrivermaz Old Fart

Oddometer:
    GD?, ITB73, or I will get it. Don't worry...be happy....
  15. Desmolitonman

Desmolitonman Projectile

Oddometer:
    I swore I would sit out the first couple of rounds but this is making it hard. Somebody better nail this one quick.
    D
  16. madrivermaz

madrivermaz Old Fart

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Howitzer, VFW, Rt. 8N, Winsted, CT

New tag will be up before dark tonight.
    Somefun likes this.
  17. itb73

itb73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is that piece of artillery left over from the war between Torrington and Winsted a few years back?
  18. madrivermaz

madrivermaz Old Fart

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Now, before you all run off thinking you know exactly where this is, let me give you a little history.

1. yes, its a lake
    2. prior to the 1950's there was a pavillion and skating rink here which hosted some of the greatest big bands of the '30s & '40s. One in particular was Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians. Mr. Waring is the person who invented the blender (Waring Blender) and bought a nearby hardware manufacturing company (a few hundred feet from this site) to beging mass producing his product. The product was continuosly manufactured here until the early '70s when the plant moved to another town to the southeast.
  19. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    you guys split cn in quarters? why dont you do it by towns?
  20. Desmolitonman

Desmolitonman Projectile

Oddometer:
    So im sitting in my car returning phone calls when this guy on a dual sport rolls in , parks and snaps a photo of it....I will continue to sit out the first couple of rounds but man its getting hard.:D
    D