2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Next time you get about 10 feet of air over a double grab the front brake in the air and see what happens.

Or just watch Zach Bell in slo- mo and you'll see it happen. RC knows what he's talking about.

2. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    But he looks funny and they call him GOAT.

:baby
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    seemed rather obvious to me from watching on TV that a neck collar and a spine board were in order.

they do it at the local level all the time.

oh thats right Asterisk doesn't use those they just pick the guy up like a side of beef or hold the guys bike who's trying to start it after getting his bell rung like Big Ben, they are part of the race after all.
  4. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:

I was very surprised that Wilson could not catch and pass Hahn.......... same for Villopoto and Stewart.

Congrats, to Hahn for his first main win. - Stewart looked good. - Villopoto did not look comfortable in the whoops.

5. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I like the races,its a great season so far with different guys winning from time to time.

This thread is packed with whiners/naysayers/know it alls.
    Experts in their own living rooms.
  6. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Hey, Flug, since you're so passionate about rider safety why don't YOU get involved at your local races instead of standing around taking pics.
  7. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    They have to do it at the local races because they have no clue how to evaluate so they assume the worst for every tip over. Otherwise here come the ambulance chasing shysters.

I do mostly agree that at that level of medical expertise (almost none) that it is probably a good idea to assume the worst.

8. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I've picked up more bikes off kids and grabbed more flags from casual flag men and told more face glued to cell phone flaggers to pay attention then I can count and when I do $4000 worth of Nikon goes on the ground real quick so bite me.
  9. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    +1 on all of this.

I've been waiting for a couple of years for Hahn to get a win, maybe now he knows he can and we'll see him on the top step some more! :clap

10. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Not enough, you can do more.
  12. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    If Stewart's clutch didn't go on him last weekend he might be on a roll.
    Good to see him not give up.

Did you see Tomac take out the top guys?

Me neither..:deal

Good safe,smart ride.
    He'll do better next week.
    So will Canard.
  13. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    Should be required reading for a certain someone. :augie
  14. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    since reading comprehension is not your strong point the whole premise of my argument was that bringing someone from one series to another when the series are joined at the hip could disrupt the points of the premier series which makes no sense in my opinion.

try to keep up.
  15. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't take the bait. If you do the terrorists win.
  16. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    The 450 race could have been called after 4 laps and I don't think the top 10 would have changed.

Maybe watching them replace a pole at Daytona would have been more exciting.

How could it be with such a deep field, everyone showed up to ride laps and not race?:ear
  17. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did that once during an Aprilia Cup practice at Pocono. There was a paraplegic rider sort of strapped to his custom equipped motorcycle. He got lots of attention by the media all weekend, but even I could see he was a hazard and foolish to be out there doing laps. Anyway, I was on the fence watching my son and working my watches when I see the paraplegic highside past an apex and lay motionless in the middle of the track, with traffic scattering to get around him. The corner worker was just up track of the apex and never saw the crash. I started hollering but she was clueless, so I hopped the fence ran onto a hot track and stood up track of the fallen rider and waved traffic wide. I got into a lot of trouble for that and I suppose it was foolish.

Flaggers are all volunteers and poorly trained. I was accepted to be a flagger at Austin MotoGP this year. They have no idea if I know anything or not... Fortunately, I had to decline because I'm driving a chase truck for the Mexican 1000, which will take up my vacation time.
  18. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:

From what I heard Wilson is just happy he could ride last night. His wreck during the week was pretty bad and from the looks of his face he still has the scratches. Don't worry next weekend he'll be at 90% and school everyone.

Not sure what's going on with Stewart knee except he did look good last night and maybe by him being hurt he'll ride smarter.
  19. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Here's the full version. :deal
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aTvYAcJOx3s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
  20. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey,somebody watched the same race I did!:deal:clap:puke1