D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    Did a little loop through Red Top yesterday.

[​IMG]
  2. Darknessprevails

Darknessprevails Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i love that spot down there. have you ever looked to your right up that mountain where they are currently building a hose?

those gates are open most of the time during the day i ride up there a good bit eat lunch etc i work just around the turn there at the auction. :clap
  3. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    New house above the right mirror. Years ago we had trails all over those hills, I'm sure Fido remembers.

[​IMG]
  4. GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those trails are still all over that area, you just can't ride them legally. :evil
  5. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    They were never legal. :lol3
    I-75 split the the whole thing in half, we had some good power line loops and mines to ride. no one really cared we were there.

I rode the old Enon rige rd over to 61 last year. :evil
  6. Darknessprevails

Oddometer:
    you can still tap into some good trails just up the way there before you get to 41 hang a left into those power lines throws you into some trails and a tunnel that travels under 41. its a good place to get the edge off if you can't get somewhere legal easy. never been harassed there yet :clap
  7. Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades tall drink of water

Oddometer:
    When I lived in Marietta I used to go to Red Top Mountain every few weeks. There were some GREAT trails to the east of 75 off the exit ramp, including a pretty steep fork that took you to the top of one of the foothills. Lots of interesting rock formations out there too. I stopped riding there when they bulldozed a new road in the early 2000's.
  8. GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB Long timer

Oddometer:
    True, but park a truck somewhere and start riding like we did 40 years ago and there will be someone waiting on you when you return. :wink: I'll get enough racing sooner or later and start dualsporting again. :deal You guys keep the weeds from growing up. :lol3
  9. FriedDuck

FriedDuck Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm headed out to Durhamtown with a few friends this Saturday if anyone wants to tag along. We'll be taking it easy (thus D'town) as one of the guys is a noob so the more the merrier. We'll be in a Honda Pilot and riding rentals, and I think the other two are a Kawi 2-smoke and a YZ250. Stop by and say hi.

In related news, if any of you FFs are near Decatur and headed out to Highland Park any time soon would you mind hauling my 690 w/you? :nod I'll chip in $50 for gas for the trouble. If it doesn't work out it'll be a sign that God wants me to fix it myself :evil

Jeff
  10. Darknessprevails

Oddometer:
    ha! ya you def dont want to have a anchor out there for them to wait for ya it. luckily i never run into any problems. probably because i usually just put put around exploring aimlessly with a big smile on my face enjoying the outdoors
  11. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    FD - why not drag it up to KTM World in Alpharetta. Mike wrenches and Jacob runs the place - super nice guys, fixt my 690 right up :thumb NitroAces pointed me at them a while back, they are awesome dudes.

270 St.Claire Drive #100
    Alpharetta GA 30004
  12. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Yesterday

[​IMG]
  13. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I heard Alpharetta closed it's doors the end of September. Not so?
  14. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Because Paul has decided to close the Alpharetta "experiment" and just focus on the shop at HP. It was a handy place to pick up parts :cry
  15. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Dang! 205'd.
  16. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isn't there a KTM dealer in Marietta, right on North Cobb? I will sure miss the convenience of the Alpharetta store. Great guys.....hope they are employed elsewhere.
  17. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    And oh yeah (just for you, Mike :evil)

I almost ran right over one of these. I hadn't heard a live rattle since summer of '99 - wife and I were getting ready to bed down on kayaks in Grand Canyon trip and the nasty beast had curled up right under our cots. :eek1

[​IMG]
  18. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    That sucks:becca I was up there just around labor day. Bummer.
  19. Darknessprevails

Oddometer:
    i find it strange with all these shutdowns the things that are still open.. as i took my daily commute threw red top everything seemed to be just fine employees are all over. but yet the unmanned boat ramps are closed and places that require no employees to run???

WTF kind of shutdown is that.
  20. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    I think the give away is 'government' shut down. :lol3