KTM 300 2 Stroke

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by 01concours4now, Jun 17, 2013.

1. 01concours4now

01concours4now Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a friend that is offering me a plated 300 two stroke, needs a new front brake calibra as the master cylinder has leaked out(maybe just a rebuild) Not sure of the year but only wants a couple of hundred for it. Is this a good bike to though around on some trails and dirt roads in upstate NY?
  2. wcohl

wcohl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 300's are/were good bikes. Condition means a lot. A "couple hundred" dollar bike could cost a lot more if it's in poor condition. What condition are the tires, chain/sprockets, engine compression?

The 300's were first produced in either the late 80's or the early 90's. My 95 was the second one I owned, and my 09 is my current one. The engines have been redesigned several times since their first production. IIRC, from about 2003 onward, the engines are still pretty similar and share the same bottom end as the 250's. E start was added in 2008.
  3. 01concours4now

01concours4now Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have not seen the bike and has been sitting for about 5 years, I was told the engine had been completly redone about a year before he stopped riding it. been sitting in a shed. I know the guy well and keeps all his bikes very clean. Was up front that the master cylinder was dry so suspects a leak somewhere.
  4. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    I've asked the mods to move this. Orange Crush is for "KTM's adventure/dirt V-twins."