Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet cheeks:eek1
  2. Autobahn

Autobahn Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was able to stop in at the San Mateo Motorcycle show during my travels this past week and I tried on the C3.

I own both a C2 and S1 in size XL. The fit is consistent between the two and both fit me well. With the C3, the XL was too big. I felt like I was swimming in it compared to my current helmets. The C3 L fit OK, a bit snug, but I suppose it would loosen up. I liked the helmet overall and will consider it when I need a replacement.
  3. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Auto,

That is good feedback. It seems to be the consensus that Schuberth changed the fit with the updated C3.

I appreciate you posting your experience with it.

Best,

Anthony

4. Meltdown

Meltdown Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer:
    Loved the videos. :thumb

Now I just have to save up a few more pennies to replace my aging Scorpion EXO-1000. I wear a large with the Scorpion but I'm thinking that a medium for the Schuberth will be the ticket. I'll go and re-measure my head before placing the order. :lol3
  5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Meltdown,

The SRC video is coming soon.

Also be sure to MEASURE :-)

The fit is snug and intermediate round oval. Also they fit on the small size compared to Arai and Shoei. M Schuberth is 56/57 cm vs Arai M being 57/58 cm.

Feel free to post up any questions here.

Anthony

6. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the links to the videos. I'm looking forward to the communication collar video review before I make my final decision.
  7. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a note about the fitment of "show" helmets...

Unless it was a brand new , out of the box helmet, the fit may be already not true to it's size.
    Even though it's early and the show circuit "just" started, the display helmets are broken in by many people trying them on, with different head shapes...the same display helmets were already in the previous cities on the Show route .
    They just can give you an idea what the helmet will fit like after it's broken in...:wink:

I wear a Large C2 and when I tried the C3 in a store in Germany, the L was the same good fit for me. I really liked the helmet BTW....

Cheers,
  8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    So I have to throw this out there- I am getting a handful of feedback on Sizing of the New C3.

I am a universal medium in just about everything that has the correct head shape for me.

My C3 is a medium and I would consider it very sung but it is the correct size. Also we have been over the MD centimeter range being one CM smaller than a medium in an Arai or Shoei.

That said, I would reasonably call the C3 true to size. I am, however, seeing messages trickle in here and there that folks have found the C3 fit to be on the big size which is very surprising to me.

Has anyone lurking or following this thread found the C3 to be big. (And not the ones from the show circuit that have potentially been overly broken in as noted above)

Interested in any an all opinions.

Best,

Anthony
  9. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Today in Philadelphia it is 48 degrees and pouring rain.

[​IMG]

Why not take the C3 out and test it out. The key things I was thiking about during my rain ride were:

Effective fog-blocking on the Shield / Pinlock System - Very effective, riding today would have been a mess without the pinlock system. Even some of the best fog-free coated shields would have been put to the test today. In my experience there are many shields form many brands and you don't get a good feel on how they perform until the temperature comes down and the humidity goes way up.

Leakage around the Shield Gasket / Seals - I was highway riding as well as doing headchecks at about 75mph. More than once I felt slight cold air come in, but it was nothing drastic nor did I get hit in the face with any rain.

Leakage through Vents at Speed - The top vent on this guy in monsterous and flows a good amount of air and vents directly to the top of the head, so it was no surprise that I felt a little *tick* of water come in here and there with it open. Once I closed the top vent I had no issues.

Wicking of water from the neck to the liner - I rode for about 30 minutes and I would consider this helmet's ability to block the elements from underneath and around the neck as above average. I am less than concerned with this though as going for a longer trek in similar conditions or colder conditions would have me throwing a balaclava on to bridge the gap between collar and neck roll.

I had very high expectations for the C3 in the rain. Schuberth had done so many other things correctly with this helmet, that it only stood to lose points in my book for an average showing in full precipitation. It is, remember, one of the more expensive investments as far as helmets go.

Anthony
  10. Tn. Walrus

Tn. Walrus Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer:
    So when are they going to start bringing in more colors and graphics?
  11. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Hi Anthony,

Any KTM orange compatible colors, other than matt black? :)
    Also how is the fit compared to Shoei Hornet DS?
    Thanks.

E.S.
  12. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    The Walrus lives....

We are at the mercy of Schuberth for the time being. This Spring should see more options available as they are brought to the states.

More is better. More will come. Carbon Fiber and Hi-Viz Yellow will hopefully be the next to arrive within a few months.

Anthony

13. Loki1200

Loki1200 Turd Ferguson

Oddometer:
    Boochzilla...ordered a C3 from your shop yesterday afternoon and it was on my doorstep this afternoon. That was surprisingly fast delivery. It's my first Schuberth and flip-up style helmet. I currently wear a medium Shoei X-11 and bought a large C3. I am a 7-1/4 (58mm) size which is medium in Shoei but Large in the C3. The C3 feels good, but if it breaks in more than expected it may be a little loose. Would I be able to buy different inserts to correct this if it happens? I'm probably just paranoid because it's a new helmet with a slightly different fit.
  14. Sir Dave

Sir Dave Big Dave

Oddometer:
    Does the SRC play in stereo? I can't find any reference as to wether it plays in mono or stereo.
    Also, used a chatterbox in the past and it has two bluetooth channels. One for phone, one for GPS. I looks like the SRC will function in the same way.
    When speaking with another bike which channel is shut down the phone or the GPS?
    Thanks for your time.
    dave
  15. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would only consider buying that crazy expensive helmet if it came in Hi-viz yellow.
  16. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob,

It does come in Hi-Viz yellow. We should have it this Spring.

Best,

Anthony

17. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    cool, last time I heard they werent bringing the hi vis to the states.
  18. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    We are pushing pretty hard for it right now. Stay tuned.

I actually think it would do better than the Carbon Fiber.

Anthony

19. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Been riding in the SRC for a few weeks now, shot the video today and will be rolling it out shortly. It's in post.

Actually showed a full install (which takes about 90 seconds) on the video to be released soon and went over the features at a high level with my overall opinion.

I found the functioning of the SRC to be very consistent much closer to the G4 than to the now antiquated Cardo Q2.

The perfect OEM fit of the SRC vs the bolt on feel of any other unit is a real nicety. The only down side, besides the price of the SRC is that the range is diminished for bike-to-bike, but 1000ft or 5000ft for me doesn't come into play that much as I typically like to ride in a close stagger on long rides with buddies.

Also I find that the SRC and the removable leather chin curtain don't play well together, but that may be a factor of my more long oval head shape. Folks with slightly rounder head shapes may have more clearance int he front.

Will post video shortly.

Anthony
  20. Shane Stump

Shane Stump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went for another 4 hour ride today and the SRC works as usual!!! The only thing I really don't like about the SRC is the USB power cable ... it would have been nice if they could have build a weatherized usb port on the unit itself and then when charging was necessary, just remove weather port protection and plug it in!

Best Regards,

Shane