MotoGP: The Dozens (I suppose if Marquez wins you could call it a spoiler)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Sep 8, 2014.

1. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  2. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Somebody nuke this thread.
  3. turnenem

turnenem TBD

Oddometer:
    Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli

Has a nice ring to it. Sure miss watching Simo mix it up!:cry

MM93
    DP26
    JL99
    VR46
  4. turnenem

turnenem TBD

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    We all :cry over Simo. He moved us in ways not many do. But I didn't know it until he was gone.

I vote 99.
  6. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    If Rossi doesn't win this one I'm giving him a stern talking to when I see him at Philip Island, there's only so much ardent fanbois can stand!

:lol3
  7. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Is it Tuesday already? :D

Imagination:

JLo
    MM
    Dovi
    VR
    DP

(JLo will win one sooner or later)

Reality:

MM
    DP
    VR
    JLo
    Dovi

(Maybe)
  8. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    In.
    Not feeling my channeling psychic prophet so will reserve predictions except "no rain".
  9. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    The race is for second.

All that matters;
    [​IMG]
  10. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    1) Marquee. Don't let the smiling and infectious enthusiasm fool you, he is an assassin on the track. The best way to wrap up the title at Aragon is to win here, and the lad DOES excel at achieving his objectives.

2) Rossi. It may be for second place in the standings, but he can smell Pedro's blood in the water.

3) JLo. He can do simple math, and is resigned to fourth place in the standings. Odds are this race will eliminate even a mathematical chance at the Championship.

4) Dovi. The best way to say "where the hell is the new bike" is on the track.

5) midget man Pedro. It's for second place in the standings, but the pressure from Rossi is on. In the big bike class, his record is to fold under pressure, why change now?
  11. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dp is a tough little bastard,he shows that many times.Jlo will beat Vr again so the battle for third will be these three again,with maybe pol or bradl nearby
  12. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    " Jlo will beat Vr again "

actually he's now done it 4 times in a row, I'm totally sure VR will want to put a stop in that trend.

And DP is gonna finish higher than 5th.
  13. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang.. the more i think of it, the more this has hte makings of an epic race.. all aliens are highly motivated for separate reasons - as outlined above; MM chasing those 12, and still I would think wanting to show everyone but above all himself that that one loss won't happen again; JLo really, really wanting his first win this season after all that struggling; Rossi chasing his 5K and making history in front of home, as well as feeling that old days' hunger in being competitive again, and what Pecha72 said too; Pedrosa perhaps has less obvious reasons like those that separates this race, but a win wants more. And then the turnip truck could come in and shake things a little too.

I think Marquez will take it, and Rossi second with JLo third. Question is where the battle's gonna be: a big scrap for first, or the yammies for second, or between JLo, Dovi and Pedrosa for third? And I'll be in a car when it all goes down! :cry

Here's to Super SIC's memory! :beer :hair
  14. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    I'm going with Rossi for the win. I know it's early and a long shot. But, racing on close to his turf, he is on it, and smiling big. I really want to see this.
    I'd like to see Marquez do it too, but not as much as I want to see Rossi make this one happen.
    Jlo and Pedrosa? Don't care. Fight and fold.
    Dovi -the-checks-in-the-mail, the 2015 will be better. Right. Talk to the hand. Five laps of rolling chicane and out the back. Finishes behind Bradl.
    I'd like to see Smith and Pol find the finish line this round and do that in front of that turnip truck. I don't have much confidence this will happen though.

All that done I'd be happy with a dozen laps of hard charging racing. :clap
  15. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mm
    dp
    jl
    vr
  16. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE-Rossi]
    "Misano is my track, I love this place. We will try to prepare the bike perfectly, from the first day. I want to stay in front and try to fight with Jorge and Marc. I hope the weather will be good, even during the first practice. It will be important to work in dry conditions to prepare the bike. I'm ready for the Misano Grand Prix!” [/QUOTE]

No mention of Pedrosa ... :dunno

Crash
  17. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never been a Rossi fan, in the sense of cheering on him (I was always cheering for the Suzuki team, so it'd have been impossible), but his attitude is impressive. After the lull in recent years, it would have been very, very easy for someone with his accomplishments to call it a day and say 'ok, done what I could here, thanks all, where's my umbrella drink", but instead in his interview on motogp.com he says

To develop yourself like that, and to keep that hunger which he's also shown not just in words this year, that's something really to be respected in my book.
  18. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yoop,

Think you got the subtitle a bit backwards

MotoGP: The Dozens (I suppose if Marquez doesn't win you could call it a spoiler)

FTFY

A spoiler, in my mind, would be an unexpected result. :D
  19. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well it's a somewhat subtle subtitle. :evil

Think again.

Remember, the "it" alludes to the subtitle.
  20. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. And while Marquez is a superalien possibly never seen before, also Honda seems to be the bike to be on this year, just like last year.

Not saying they should blame the bike, and it ain't a night/day difference, depends on track as well... but I really think Rossi&JLo could have by now won a race or two, if the M1 was on par with the RCV.