LED running lights

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by 666, Nov 15, 2009.

1. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got Vision x Solstice LED euro beam light installed on my 640. I was really looking forward to it since it has very low current draw of 0.75Amps at 12 V. It was nice and bright.
    After 2 months, gradually, light developed some black coating on the inside surface of the "lens". Light output went down by a lot.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I called Vision X and got RMA number. After a week I got replacement light.

Guess what? Replacement light started doing same thing right away. After couple of rides I see few black spots already.

I am wondering if anybody else has similar problem? Light is designed to work on 9-60V. I really doubt that my 640 has voltage spikes more than 60V.

I had similar post in Vendors, but figure it gets more exposure here.
  2. fiep

fiep Long timer

Oddometer:
    had mine for ~4'mi now
    no black spots

yet?
  3. sierraoffroad

sierraoffroad Long timer

Oddometer:
    have had the euro's on my wee as full time day and night driving lights with no issues at all. approx 6,000 miles
  4. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I talked to them and they mailed me completely new light. They admitted that first time they just "refurbished" it and tested for an hour. Hopefully it works this time.
  5. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me know personally if you have a problem with the new light. I am one of VisionX's largest distributors, and I want to make sure you are happy and satisfied with the service even though you didn't buy the light from me. VisionX is a great company and stands behind their product completely.
    Thanks, Darick
  6. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Good to know they were honest about what they did, hopefully the new light just works.
  7. Arizona Redline

Arizona Redline n00b

Oddometer:
    I've had my Vision X lights on my 09 GSA for 4,000 miles.....I think they're AWSOME!
  8. frtzl

frtzl Mors longa, vita brevis

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you got a dud, let's hope the new one works. Mine have been working well for 6000+ miles of unkind treatment.

F
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  9. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Tina's, on her K1300GT, are at nearly 5K miles and doing fine, despite an encounter with a pole!

Jim :brow