What are these bags and racks worth?

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by JustinP, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Krauser bags that came with my r75/6, and I'm debating selling them off if they will fetch enough. Plus I like the naked solo seat look. I don't see myself using them much, since I have a sidecar to tote stuff around. I'm new to this airhead stuff, so no idea what they are worth. They seem to be in very good condition, and even have the straps inside still. The PO never used them. Some pics below - thanks in advance for the feedback!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...eHbTBKkojHo/s800/74%20sidecar%20rig%20006.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AABXg/OiLRgu3SmhE/s800/74%20sidecar%20rig.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...XJ3Fv1nGs-M/s800/74%20sidecar%20rig%20005.jpg

Racks:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider-p...974%20R75%20Sidecar%20Rig_76SidecarRig006.jpg
  2. mtnrdr

mtnrdr hav'n fun

Oddometer:
    maybe ....let your ownership mature just a bit......you may decide you'd like to have bags......take 'em off and leave 'em at home if you'd like.....just sayin
  3. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Yeah, only time I used them was for riding the rig home after purchase. They have been sitting in the garage the last month.
  4. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    You will realize less from the sale of these bags than it will cost you someday to replace them because the person riding in the sidecar doesn't want to be holding all the camping gear. :lol3
  5. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    I'd just store them someplace. they will never go down in value, only up, and you just might want to use them someday.
  6. JMforPres

JMforPres Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree with the previous replies, keep them stored. If you sell them you will kick yourself when the time comes up and they are needed.

Jon
  7. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks - I was kinda leaning that way too. Better make sure the keys are stored somewhere that I will find them in a few years too :lol3
  8. MightyManfred

MightyManfred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With duct tape, tape the keys to the back side of the cases. Lots of duct tape. With the keys in a small, brown envelope. And duct tape - lots of it.
  9. DaveBall

DaveBall Long timer

Oddometer:
    I taped a set of keys inside a set Craven bags a number of years ago. Then when I went to use them, I got the bags and mounts out of the attic in the garage, wiped the dust off them and then started searching for the keys. I tore the whole garage apart, took everything out of both big tool chests, searched that drawer in the kitchen that we all throw stuff in, at least 3 times, I looked everywhere. Then the wife opened up the bags and while holding up the little clear zip lock bag, said "Were you looking for these?"

Damn glad I married her.
  10. ME 109

ME 109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    These bags/panniers are really good.
    When you have 10% more than can physically fit in them, in them, you can always slip that 'something else' in there.

Justin's bags don't have the depression for the all important BMW roundel, but what the hell.

I paid $300 Au for a pair (without mounts) 6 months ago. They are in excellent condition.

Justin's look quite good in the pics, so I reckon $300 + for bags and mounts.

Put them on Columbian Ebay and maybe a cartel boss with a soft spot for bm's might see 'em!:wink:
  11. Wdwrkr

Wdwrkr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well heck. I'll give you $300.00 for them. let me know

pete