Zumo 665 Wierdness

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by c4nuck, Aug 26, 2014.

1. c4nuck

c4nuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been using the 665 for the past year with mixed results. Ideally I'd like everything stored on the device, so I can edit with basecamp on any computer, but this ends up with multiples scattered on different machines and the device itself.

I bought a 64gb card to store everything on, so when I am on the road I can import that data for the route I want. Seemed like a logical intent. Working between a PC & Mac using basecamp for both, I would end up with different results, such as Tracks, Routes, POI's, waypoints all being "stuck" in the internal memory, which I could never fully clean out, except just now when I connected to my mac and highlighted everything and hit delete, gone! At least I think it is... Trying to make sense of the wierdness I thought I would, for once, call tech support and see what they say.

After just getting off the phone with Garmin, I'm told the 665 is incompatible with basecamp :huh. I was told I could try Mapsource, but was told it is no longer being updated/supported.

I had to ask them to the point, this is one of the most expensive devices they offer, and not exactly new to market, you're telling me there is no support?
    He agreed that yes, unfortunately this is what it is... BIZZZZAAAARREE.

He was surprised when I told him what I have been doing and that even that works! I guess all the bugs and what not are not user error, but its Garmins laziness that causes my headaches.

Anyone else in this same boat? (I skimmed the first 5 pages of this section to make sure it wasn't a well known issue, but haven't found anything)
  2. littlefield

littlefield Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doesn't sound right but I really have no idea. If you can't get an answer you can try on zumoforums.com