Tiffany Ambling through America

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tiffany, Apr 23, 2012.

1. patrkbukly

patrkbukly Life at 10,000 feet Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...easy now.... Hey Tiff, just curious, as a fellow R100 GS rider, would the solo seat not be more comfortable for such long hauls? Have you tried them and not liked them?

I only ask because I use one and far prefer it over the stock banana seat.

Your 2 cents is appreciated as you obviously would have more seat knowledge than the average Mongolian bear.
  2. Tiffany

Tiffany Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer:
    Hi Patrick
    If I had a single seat on my bike, what would I do about my passengers??

[​IMG]
  3. patrkbukly

Oddometer:
  4. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    That sidecar is what Thelma and I will need when I'm geriatric and can't keep her upright anymore:wink:
  5. crashkorolyk

crashkorolyk just happy to ride

Oddometer:
    hope you had a great holiday,hope everything is well with your dad (a close friend has gone though that recently-with success!),it was great to meet you last year in seattle.my local BMW dealer (Island BMW) said they would put you up for a few nights if you ever get out to the west coast of canada & make it over to vancouver island...happy trails tiffany
  6. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Positive thoughts and prayers as Big as Texas for your dad. Everyday is a blessing to be on this planet....But you already know that from your epic travels.
  7. hondated

hondated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    since I contacted you when you were on your trip and would you believe I have only just caught up on your RR. I tell you life can go by so quickly.
    I got a bit worried when I read you gave a customs officer some stick in JFK because I have only been through their once and who we met definitely did not have a sense of humour.
    It was as great reading your RR as it must have been for you doing it.I think I may have said to you before but how you manage to do so much on your own is just amazing. Particularly when Thelma needs a nap and decides to lay on her side.Also how you came to terms with that strange coughing noise I don't know.I once went camping on the Southdowns and had a similar experience and when my wife asked me why I did not go out to investigate it when I said I would rather not know what it is she could not understand me at all.Better not to know is what I say.
    My two little adventures this year are to go over to the I.O.M but in April rather than June as its far less busy and I can ride around without getting in the way of those who want to imitate the racers and I am in June going down to Dijon France for the Moto Legendes meeting.Now for the last four years I have attended the HU meeting in Derbyshire and I bet this year because I am not going you will be there.
    Like everyone else I am sorry to read about Dad and I can only hope that he is doing ok and indeed has hopefully improved.
    Your right Dad is your priority and your travels can wait but when you do set off again let me know because I enjoy reading your reports and hopefully you never know we may meet up sometime somewhere.
  8. theKite

theKite Ulyssean

Oddometer:
    Charles Kingsford Smith, pioneer aviator of the 1920s and 1930s, was the originator of the quote "You only have too much fuel when you are on fire"!
  9. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    I'm belatedly catching up on my messages.

Yes- I will be back on Vancouver Island at some point, last time was when Simon Pavey gave a talk and I made some good friends over there. I then rode around and camped out, this was before I found out that the Island has more cougar attacks than anywhere else in North America!!:eek1:eek1

To be honest even though I know about the cougars I'd still be camping out but with a more watchful eye:huh
  10. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Tiffany! :clap

The last time I got attacked by a cougar ............. I ended up marrying her. :huh :evil :lol3

Hope you are well!

Rob
  11. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    There's some great news, my dad has been gievn the all-clear on his lymphoma, the chemo has been successful and he will now have check-ups every three months.
    Thank you so much to all those who sent their positive thoughts and messages, I really appreciate all the support I've received.

I'm making plans for 2013, autumn will find me doing my big trip, postponed from last year, but more details about that closer to the time.

in the meantime, I'll be heading back over the Atlantic in May as I have been invited to present again at the Overland Expo down in Flagstaff, Arizona:clap:clap
    This was definitely one of the stand-out events for me last year and I'm very much looking forward to it. If there are any of you guys heading to that event, be sure to come over and say hello.
    Thelma will be staying at home for this one, but I'm hoping to borrow a bike in Arizona to get around on.
  12. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Wonderful news about your dad!
  13. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tiffany, so glad to hear that your Dad's going to be okay! Looking forward to hearing more about this year's big trip, too. I have a feeling you won't find it too hard to borrow a bike over here...but won't Thelma be jealous? :D
  14. patrkbukly

Oddometer:
    Great news Tiff. Wish him well from Miami.
  15. dashmoto

dashmoto Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer:
    Great news about your dad. :clap

I'll be at the Overland Expo on a UK-plated XT660Z. I think I'm signed up to a couple of your seminars/discussions so I'll look forward to seeing you there.
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

:clap:clap:clap
  17. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

Great news
  18. hondated

hondated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes great news about your Dad.
  19. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very good news indeed!:clap
  20. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That is great news that your Dad is going to be alright , I’m sure your family and especially your mother are ecstatic and at the same time relieved .

TheReaper!