Renting a bike in Arizona this January

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by shanekingsley, Dec 12, 2009.

1. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
    I did a search and read some threads which discussed AZRides among others. I'm not really looking to rent a BMW or an Enfield, but also not looking to rent a Harley. Does EagleRiders in Scottsdale only rent Harley's? Does anyone know of rental places closer to Sedona that rent out bikes other than BMW's or Harley's? I'm also still deciding about whether to bring our own gear down or not... (flying in from Canada)

The girlfriend and I may be coming to AZ for about 10 days in January from around the 16th-25th. My parents stay up in Cottonwood close to Sedona so that was going to be our home base.

From Canada, we would fly into Phoenix on the 16th, and were thinking about running the Scottsdale marathon on the 17th. Then we aren't sure from there, but the general plan is to get up to Cottonwood and stay there for a few days and then maybe head over to Vegas for a night or two and the back to Cottonwood for the remainder of the trip.

We could always just get my folks to pick us up from Phoenix and rent a bike near Sedona area if there are any places other than Eagle Riders. I've rented a Harley from them before (which was a good experience) but would like to try a different bike. A Strom (or something similar) would be best as we have 2up'd on a DL650 for about a year now and are very comfortable with it. Any local recommendations on a budget?

I really liked the ride from Sedona to Prescott through Jerome and would like to show it to my girlfriend while on a bike.

Any help is appreciated[​IMG]
  2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Funky White Boy

Oddometer:
    I used http://www.azride.com/ last February, and plan to again during my next trip 2/10.
    Gabor and Monica are great people, and their prices can't be beat. Book early!!
  3. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
    I was just not really looking for a BMW or an Enfield is all.

Looks like this trip will be on now and looking to be renting a bike from up near the Sedona/Cottonwood area if anyone knows of some good places. Maybe they rent Buell's at Eaglerider's......
  4. Aprilia

Aprilia Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
    ^^ thanks... another rider told me about this place and if I should rent from the phoenix area, it will be the one I think... A Vstrom1000 or a VFR800 or an SV650... rates seem reasonable too.

Still looking for something closer to Sedona if possible...
    Cheers.
  6. Aprilia

Aprilia Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're not going to find something closer to Sedona. Not much between Phx and Sedona but cactus and rock.
  7. Twinsteel

Twinsteel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any bike rental places near the PHX airport, by any chance?:ear
  8. wolfhoundaddy

wolfhoundaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A new place just opened in Prescott. Let me know if you're interested, I'll get their #.
    Dave