Mcallen TX -Reynosa -Real de 14 México and back in 4 days

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Arte, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Well, here we are talking, about this trip, planning since middle of August and making the decision to leave Reynosa Tam. to Real de 14 SLP, by Sep 13 and comming back by the 16th. We are at least 11 guys on KLR's, BMW, Suzuki and Honda bikes.

One week before, the date changes for the next following week of the original date. Everybody is cool and route plan still the same.
    :wink:

Next thing I do is contact my cousings living in ZACATECAS, and they agree to join us at Real de 14 on Sat Sep 20th. Cool, 5 more bikes to join the group.

Everybody is eager to meet the departure day. We all are sending emails among us to make sure all camping gear and other stuff is covered and not to duplicate things unnecesarily.

Finally the day arrives and we meet at the last Pemex gas station. our family went to say by and take a group picture. (I'm learning to post pics so I apologize if not done right the first times).:D

3 minutes later after departure, guess what..... Alan (Ricardo's son) realizes that he droped his cell phone right at the pemex station, so he gets back.
    everyone else parks on the highway shoulder to wait for him, and guess what.....

Ricardo gets a flat tire.. :cry

20 min later the flat tire is fixed, so we continue our journey (Alan's broken phone is the only bad thing so far).

Attached Files:

2. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Here is Ricardo's flat tire

Attached Files:

3. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    After the first two little incidents, we continued and arrived to China NL, we had dinner (expensive) for the content, but hungry we were, happy we ended.

Continued and right crossing one of the several speed bumps at city General Teran NL, I hear a loud noise in my bike and immediately feel my rear tire getting jam and locked.
    Luckly I was very slow due the speed bump. Then check on my passenger (my 12 yr old son) :thumbupand stop the bike.

It happens that my poor tiein skill, caused to drop my sleeping bag and all the slings ended up in the rear sproket chain. tearing apart the chain guard. Thanks god that was all.
    It was near midnight and several car and police offices stoped by as they passed to see if any help was needed.
    Nice people at General Teran trying to help.
    Later we got to MONTEMORELOS to spend the night there as planned.

Here is the next morning pics getting the bikes ready and Huicho fixing my bikes left turn signal (broken last night)

Attached Files:

4. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    So after the Electricians (Andres, Huicho and Jesus) helped me on my bike. Jesus leaded us to a nice place to have breakfast before hit the road.

At this place you can have an excellent buffet breakfast with the typical food of the area and more.

Here you can see Andres calling everyone to have our pray before mounting our mules...

Attached Files:

5. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Here is my son enjoying the ride thru San Carlos Sierra

Attached Files:

6. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    One more view of Sierra San Carlos (Linares to Puerto Pastores)

Attached Files:

7. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    So after crossing Sierra San Carlos, Right after the detour to Doctor Arroyo, we decide that instead to arrive at Real de 14 this day, better stay at the antique hacienda house of Farid.
    Farid's idea is to make a barbeque at his familys very antique property (full of gosths...) and next day early get to Real de 14.

So everyone likes the Idea and we get back few miles to take Doctor Arroyo road.

Here is everyone discussing the new plan.

Attached Files:

8. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Well, remember Ricardo's flat tire right after leaving Reynosa?

Is again gettin problems, so he decides to stop at Tire shop "Talachas" to have a tube replacement.

in the mean time, we the ones were ahead on the line, stood by, hanging, telling jokes, even went to..... you know... wild restroom.

Notice Oscar Taking a Nap...

Attached Files:

9. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    After almost couple hours riding thru a road FULL of donkeys, cows, horses, goats, dogs, you name it ! (DO NOT ride this road at night !!!) :mulie

we got to ARAMBERRI, where we had a good lunch and bought the steaks, beer and other stuff to do our "Carne Asada" barbeque this night.

Huicho was the designated rider to carry the dinner stuff.:clap :freaky :kumbaya

Attached Files:

10. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:lurk
  11. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    cool
  12. NitroRoo

NitroRoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looks like an awesome adventure! I lived in McAllen for 12 years (went through school there), funny to see an adventure begin back there... looks like you found some beautiful places to ride! I really want to take a trip deep into mexico someday...
  13. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    any chance you have to come down here again, letme know and we can schedule a trip with all the buddies and have a nice ride.

Arte
  14. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    After a thousand burros and cows, we get to the old little town where is the antique house hacienda.
    Farid did make a phone call and when we arrived, the fire was settled, and surprisingly.... the beds where nice clean and ready for a good rest.

Thank you Farid !

So we immediately left all our luggage and get a quick wash, to start putting the steaks on the grill.

after most of us had a couple beers, we ask Farid tell his gosth stories that actually had happened to himself, right there in the house and... sheezz! almost next tho the bed I got!

Look at the nice kitchen and dinning room... not is not a gosth behind Alan, is Mauricio rushing out looking for something.

Attached Files:

15. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    The first dormitory... and beyond the end door, the other room, where use to show up the spirit or gosth that Farid mentioned... fortunately I was tired enough to see something.

Attached Files:

16. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    this is the Facade of the old house. A beautiful classic antique mexican house !

Attached Files:

17. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Finally, we are in the cobblestone road to real the 14 ! surprisingly is only 1 hour away from Farid's hacienda place!

After about 8 minutes of riding, I lost eye contact with the rest of the group, so I stop and ask to Mauricio if he knows what happened. He does not either, so we get back and find out that Jesus has a flat tire.

Good that Andres has a power oulet on his bike and Oscar a small handy compressor. so the problem is solved soon with the green lime stuff.

Attached Files:

18. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    Right before at the entrance of Real the 14, a Police patroll is stopping all the vehicles and asking to park there, like a 1000 feet away. so we start arguing with this guy and later he let us continue to the very entrance of the town.

But there we learn that there is no chance that we pass with the bikes. The other police officer tell us that we all must leave the bikes there and walk thru the 2 kilometer long tunnel to get into the town.

What at dissapointing surprise! so Ricardo, Jesus and Oscar, goes to try to deal somehow to get us in.

In the mean time the rest of us have some refreshment and snacks waiting for the final verdict....

...so stay tunned for the next post.

In the mean time here is a picture of the entrance tunnel at the background.
  19. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    now here is the picture of the tunnel entrance

Attached Files:

20. Andres A

Andres A FINDING NEMO

Oddometer:
    McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
    :lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:rayof:rayof:rayof:rayof