1. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I have the PA section of the TET almost done. My team is proof riding it June 11th - 15th. We had to push the proof ride back 1 week because of the Rally car race in Wellsboro.

After a couple mile ride from the TNJT in Frenchtown, you camp for the night in Upper Bucks County PA.

1st Day: 200 miles. Southern Coal area, some stone roads, good amount of twisties, ends near Muncy PA.

2nd day: 200 miles. All the way up the east side of the PA grand canyon, back down the west side, includes popular stops like Hyner view. Ends at Quiet Oaks campground on Clinton Country - Potter County border. Lots of forest (unimproved) roads this day!

3rd day: 200 miles. Includes Elk State Forrest roads, the complete Caladonia Pike, around the north side of State Collage and ends at 7 Mountains Campground.

4th day: 180 miles. Winds back and fourth through the Tuscarora Forest and ends in at Pine Grove Furnace State Park (or Michaux ATV area free parking/rough camping area if you want).

At that point you pick up the TWVT system.

sorry we can't proof ride it sooner, but still some prep (both map and bike) before we can ride it. Plus all my camping gear is Summer rated :D

Anyway, just giving you a heads up. My team sure is excited to do this ride, then we will add it to the TET system!

Edit: Trying to keep this on one thread. Lets use the thread linked below. Besides, that link is where you get the files from :)
    (see link to files on page 1, post 1)
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594569
  2. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    You have spent a lot of time and done a lot of research on this. I hope the ride goes well. :thumb
  3. TowPro

Oddometer:
    You and Rob have been a big help answering questions, etc. It has taken a good amount of time so far, but I enjoy it. Plus I get to put something back into the sport. 12 years ago was my last big project; getting the Rattlesnake Enduro started up. :)

Glad my buddy caught the fact that road rally was going on the first weekend in June because we are using the same roads. The guy that runs the rally was also a big help with some recommendations of roads he thought would be "must have" sections in the TPAT route.
  4. TowPro

Oddometer:
    Sneak Preview :D . Your looking at almost 800 miles here.

[​IMG]
  5. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  6. TowPro

Oddometer:
    By Robs Request:

This route will be allow riders to skip the NJ trail section. If your southbound, you can either start into the PA route from Hancock NY, or ride the NJ route to FrenchTown, NJ where you pickup the PA route. Either way, both PA first day routes end at the same campground in PA, where you continue on to follow the TPAT for the next couple days!

Here you go! This is around 75% "NOT blacktop", and will big bike friendly.
    Around 180 miles. I included a nice "back roads" tour in and around Ricketts Glenn. Once I get time, I will fire up google earth and make a couple changes. I know there is several covered bridges west of Rickets Glenn, so why not go take pictures of your trip!
    [​IMG]
    We already have the first NJ to MD TPAT route planned for proof ride 2nd week of June. Once I release that I can proof ride this "alt day-1" ride.

Then I have another change planned. The 2nd days ride ends in a nice campground in Central PA. I plan on adding a 150-200 mile loop that starts and ends at this campground. This gives the riders a chance to leave the luggage (and passengers if they want) at the campground for the day. This loop will be a combination of Forrest service (not blacktop) roads with some nice blacktop twisties throw in for the hell of it.

Once I am done, we can call it the PA-1000 :1drink
  7. maverickma

maverickma Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there a GPS file available for the PA portion? I have a Zumo 550 on order and I'm close to pulling the trigger on a dual sport. I live in Fogelsville, PA and these roads are close.
  8. TowPro

Oddometer:
    No tracks or files will be available until Mid June.
    I get to test ride the routes first :deal
  9. maverickma

maverickma Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I can dig it.
  10. rowla

rowla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looks amazing
  11. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Awesome!
  12. maverickma

maverickma Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Towpro, I pick up my shiny new XR650 this Saturday. Can you help a PA brother out with some GPX files of PA so I can try it out off road? I'm in Fogelsville, PA. I know all the twisty roads, but not the dirty stuff. I'm using the dotted lines on my Zumo to plan some maiden voyages, but something tells me you know of some good routes around here.

Thanks! Doug
  13. NittanyRider

NittanyRider Walking Contradiction

Oddometer:
    TowPro - I'm in State College and have pretty good familiarity with the roads in and around Rothrock SF, so let me know if you need any local recon - I'd be happy to help out!

I also wouldn't mind tagging along with you and your mates for a day or two in June when you're passing through. That said, I totally understand if you want to keep the numbers down.

Looking forward to seeing what the finished route looks like!
  14. psalonis

psalonis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    can't wait to hear/see what this is like.....is it June yet? :clap
  15. TowPro

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean :).

The bike preparation has started:
    I just mounted a new front tire on the Ulysses last night. A new rear goes on tonight (with a brand new 2010 rim).
    All the camping gear is ready. Going to make campground reservations this week.

But the Hatfield McCoy trip on the XR650L is only 2 weeks away as well :D
  16. rdhj

rdhj NJ Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    OK...you so got my attention...takes lots of pics on the test ride...thinking a possible summer trip for me :D
  17. IRONIVAR

IRONIVAR how bad could it be?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :ear
  18. psalonis

Oddometer:
    Woo HOO !!! It's June! :clap

Unfortunately, I"l be in Germany while the route is being proofed (nearly 2 weeks). :cry

I hope when I come back there's a great RR and some available gps files/tracks.

I'd love to check this out some time over the summer and provide additional feedback/waypoints/tracks.

Thanks towpro.....can't wait to hear how it is.
  19. TowPro

Oddometer:
    time is getting close :D

We are leaving June 10th for the first campground where the PA/NJ route will meet. This weekend is the final chance to make sure the bike is perfect.

I am going to do a test ride this weekend with the tent and sleeping pad tied on.

routes are ready. Just need to export them for the other riders. and load them in my Nuvi to run as a backup in case I have problems with my bike monitor or laptop. I did run 9 hours last weekend in my truck, down to hatfield mccoy (took the XRL down) with the same GPS system I will run on the bike and had a USB hub fail. :huh
  20. psalonis

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow's the big day! :clap

Towpro, will you be posting updates as you go?